SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th September 2013, 16:28

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

Hay fever...and especially having a blocked nose and having to breath out my mouth. I hate breathing out my mouth, it just feels so unnatural
Old 13th September 2013, 19:16

The seals on the bulkhead of my car giving up the ghost and the water in the footwell as a result. Oh yeah and having to spend money getting it fixed
Old 13th September 2013, 19:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP James
My internet keeps randomly going off. Thanks, TalkTalk!
I feel your pain, they're a load of crap. Tempted to jump back on Virgin Media.
Old 13th September 2013, 20:36

Mood
Fine

People who share pictures of their dog, or other peoples dogs everyday on facebook. yes its a dog, it still looks the same as yesterday.

the phrase date night
Old 13th September 2013, 22:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex652
My housemates watching Jeremy Vile. I think I just have to bite my lip and say nothing.

That man just makes by blood boil. He thinks he's some amazing do-gooder and obviously thinks he's better than everyone. He is exploiting people, and is in many ways worse than the contestants on the show. He needs a massive slap. It would not surprise me if he decorated his walls with the Daily Mail.
God yeah, he is absolutely horrible. His ego knows no bounds.
Old 13th September 2013, 22:56

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by M***9651;N‡NTH***926;B***11035;X
the results I get on careers tests. it always comes out with office work or something using computers.
i'm only moderately competent with computers, I can work things out for myself but i'm far from being the most tech savvy person. maybe if I could work from home I could do something as a valid career (i'm really not the fastest person for imputing data) but most jobs that fall under 'work from home' means setting up your own business...

still, all the career tests I do seem to be of no help to me at all. I get the feeling the result is just a generalised kind of answer.
Yea it's always the same.

I even purchased a book that's supposed to give you a clearer picture as to waht your career should be based on your myers-briggs personality type (mine ISTJ) and it had loads of suggested careers, but none of them are stuff i'm really intrested in. But i think the problem is that I want to work with people in a 'sympathetic' setting (eg. care work, healthcare or even social services type work) but it totally goes against my personaliity.
Old 15th September 2013, 14:27

I had a new door fitted on my car last year and since then, traveling anywhere around 55mph and over, it kinda 'whistles' like the windows open a fraction. I took it back to the body repair workshop place and asked what's to be done and the guy pretty much said that sometimes a new door won't fit correctly as the previous one did. The place is reputable, but it just irks me that i'm left with a whistling door when i expected no such issue.

.. and relax. It's good to finally get that off my chest.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:12

Popcorn rustlers at the cinema
Old 15th September 2013, 16:21

^ That smiley makes me cringe lol. :p
Old 15th September 2013, 16:22

^This one? One smilie stabbing another makes you cringe?
Old 15th September 2013, 16:23

This one makes me cringe;
Old 15th September 2013, 16:27

this one unsettles me. I don't want my sausages to dance.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:42

I like how no one has a problem with that one
Old 15th September 2013, 18:14

Mood
Bored

Bleepy bloopy mid-tempo electro shite.

There's nothing wrong with synthy/glitchy music in general, but there's nothing worse than generic electro, with the same old childish melodies and worn out chord sequences/voicings (they either try to make it sound ‘epic’, or fall back to generic disco/funk sequences), boring soft synth presets, ‘glitchy’ sounds in between beats (OH LOOK AT HOW CREATIVE YOU ARE WITH YOUR RANDOM SOUNDS LOL) cheesy tweaked vocals, whoosh-y white noise effects, etc.

It's so ****ing offensive to the ears, and it's impossible to avoid it. Every time I hear it, I want to find the idiot that produced it so that I can punch them in the face for inflicting their noise on the world.
Old 15th September 2013, 20:30

Mood
Bored

It's not just the cheap soft synth sounds that I hate – the chord progressions and melodies in generic electro crap are completely bland and soulless. When you listen to other genres (including old detroit techno), you can hear that someone has put some thought into the writing, but all modern electro stuff sounds like endless clones of the same handful of tunes, just with slightly different envelopes, filter settings, vocal samples, arpeggiator settings, etc. It sounds like it could have been written by a child – there's no maturity or dynamics in the composition, just constant blaring of overproduced synthy obnoxiousness.

Some people would say that most jungle is just copy-pasted amens with tuned 808 kicks and some generic pads, but good producers can do more with those few elements than those electro assholes do with their endless arrays of virtual knobs. It all comes down to talent and taste, not production values.
Old 15th September 2013, 21:44

Mood
Fine

the neighbour's yippy dogs. good grief. i'm so glad mine is quiet.
Old 15th September 2013, 22:45

Mood
Balanced

Packaging (usually hard clear plastic packaging) that is so hard to open even with scissors or a knife, or that damned cellophane around CD's and DVDs
Old 15th September 2013, 23:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
I had a new door fitted on my car last year and since then, traveling anywhere around 55mph and over, it kinda 'whistles' like the windows open a fraction. I took it back to the body repair workshop place and asked what's to be done and the guy pretty much said that sometimes a new door won't fit correctly as the previous one did. The place is reputable, but it just irks me that i'm left with a whistling door when i expected no such issue.

.. and relax. It's good to finally get that off my chest.
They are talking crap. The door shouldn't whistle if they have fitted and adjusted it correctly. If it's a front door, sometimes the door mirror can cause a whistle if it's not fitted correctly, is damaged or something is missing from it like a sealing gasket/piece of trim.

My mate had a rear end shunt and after they repaired his car it badly leaked water into the spare wheel well in the boot. Turned out they didn't bother to fit gaskets on the new rear lamp clusters where they meet the body. F**ing cowboys.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:10

^ Hmpf

I want this corrected immediately, the bastards! Can you represent my case?
Old 15th September 2013, 23:16

Quote:
Can you represent my case?
Good lord, no. It's one thing ranting online and another thing entirely doing it in real life

If you lived close by I'd sort the door out for you though
Old 15th September 2013, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh
Good lord, no. It's one thing ranting online and another thing entirely doing it in real life

If you lived close by I'd sort the door out for you though
Hmpf Hmpf

Thanks for the offer, but we both know where you and i live - not happening, is it Meet you halfway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flashheart
If the doors don't whistle from the factory they don't whistle when they're replaced. Sounds like you have a case of lazy chav mechanic.
Meh, i don't know. I should have asked for receipt of the parts, to make certain that they were bought new as arranged. The place i used is well reputed and not chavvy at all.
Old 15th September 2013, 23:47

Quote:
Meet you halfway?
Old 16th September 2013, 00:03

^ Exactly why i'd love to be a fly on the wall.

I saw three other workshops for quotations and they all said pretty much the same thing, that the door had lost it's integrity (that the right word?) and it was too far gone and wasn't safe. It wasn't my money, it was the old dears that reversed into it, so i listened but weren't concerned too much. The place i went to was the most professional and was recommend by a friend (also happens to be a mechanic), so it was an easy choice.
Old 16th September 2013, 09:17

The way my cousins insist of sharing every little bit of their lives on Facebook. "I had a roast today. Thanks mum" "Ew (name of their partner) just farted and stank the room out".
It's so weird. That being said though I use on here for some of my mundane brain leakage so perhaps I'm not one to judge. Still it's irksome.
Old 16th September 2013, 22:20

Touchscreen mobile phones. Got rid of mine today and bought a keypad one. Will never buy another touchscreen.
Old 16th September 2013, 23:15

Mood
Dreaming

Spoilers. Especially when the day after an episode of something airs everyone on facebook starts openly talking about the 'shocking' thing that happened without any spoiler warnings at all. Don't people realise that not everyone watches things at the same time? Some people just openly ruin things too, thinking it doesn't matter. I told someone the other day I hadn't seen a particular film and then she blurted out the ending without warning!! I mean... Why??!
Old 18th September 2013, 19:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Fyre
Spoilers. Especially when the day after an episode of something airs everyone on facebook starts openly talking about the 'shocking' thing that happened without any spoiler warnings at all. Don't people realise that not everyone watches things at the same time? Some people just openly ruin things too, thinking it doesn't matter. I told someone the other day I hadn't seen a particular film and then she blurted out the ending without warning!! I mean... Why??!
Old 20th September 2013, 16:01

Mood
Dreaming

People who leave crisp/biscuit/cereal packets open so that all the food goes soft and stale.
Old 20th September 2013, 16:18

^ Sorry

Then again, if you want it kept fresh you should provide zip lock bags and adequate tupperware!
Old 20th September 2013, 16:23

Mood
Fine

^Yes I HATE this

My brothers have recently taken to doing thiis. Instead of putting the tag back onto bread, they just leave it open. Firstly we're infested with fruitflies so they just fly into the bread bag. But then you go to get a sandwich and the bread is hard. Gross. Jut put the tag back on or tie the bag!