SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2017, 05:39

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
He's so happy to be in your house . My Mum's cat likes to race around chasing a toy mouse, bumping into the furniture, but if she's feeling very energetic she just asks to go outside again.

Oh, is he neutered? Maybe he needs neutering to calm him down.
He's not neutered. He's not technically my cat, so it's a tricky subject.
When I was out calling him about 2 weeks ago, I saw his owner stick her head over the wall as he was running across it towards me. She started calling him too, but he ran right past her and up to me.
Later on that day, she knocked on my door asking if I'd seen her cat that was 'missing', she showed me a photo of him (a photo that had clearly been taken in the last few hours). I don't know why she pretended he was missing when she had just seen him...

He hasn't been to her house in months. She hasn't been out calling him. She's done shit.
He looks plump and healthy and clean; her other cats look like shit: skinny, dirty and smelly.
She said, for no reason at all, that she tries feeding him but he never eats her food. I felt she was trying to justify her obvious neglect of him, "I do feed him, honest."

He's not been back there since then, and I've seen her watch him coming here. She only gave a shit when she suddenly realised why he looked so much better than her other cats despite not having been home in months.

Still, getting someone else's cat neutered...
Old 26th July 2017, 05:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogoch
I love rainy days. Any excuse to clomp around in wellington boots.
And they're good for validating a lazy hermit's existence. Go see people? but it's raining!

Hello stranger that's a confusing but very heart-warming analogy! I wish people thought I was as good as a lost Buckeroo hat in real life.
Life is alright, I probably need to treat Life better though. I'd always wondered what had happened to you too, i'm sure you slipped off for a few years! Good to see your posts again. oft make me smile they do

Re. lost threads. There may be a way for mods to revive a deleted thread? Might be worth asking.

Everything changes but nothing is truly lost eh, as some folks say
Aye, our conversations (which I have fond memories of) feel like a lifetime ago; in some ways I feel I'm a different guy now but at the same time I'm completely the same.

I always wondered where you'd gone too. I'm glad life is alright for you, I mean it's better than not being alright, right?

I did disappear for a year or three. I had a brief foray into education and needed to remove all distractions in order to give it a good go. It wasn't a good fit, but I got a worthless qualification out of it, as well as a handful of anecdotes about me being a bumbling buffoon, some debt a lot of debt, some more white hairs, oh and I took up the fags again.
Old 26th July 2017, 07:42

^^ I don't think I've ever seen a cat refuse food.
Old 26th July 2017, 09:48

Mood
Cynical

^^ They can actually be quite picky, it seems that supermarket own brand is not good enough once they've tasted whiskers
Old 26th July 2017, 09:57

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
He's not neutered. He's not technically my cat, so it's a tricky subject.
When I was out calling him about 2 weeks ago, I saw his owner stick her head over the wall as he was running across it towards me. She started calling him too, but he ran right past her and up to me.
Later on that day, she knocked on my door asking if I'd seen her cat that was 'missing', she showed me a photo of him (a photo that had clearly been taken in the last few hours). I don't know why she pretended he was missing when she had just seen him...

He hasn't been to her house in months. She hasn't been out calling him. She's done shit.
He looks plump and healthy and clean; her other cats look like shit: skinny, dirty and smelly.
She said, for no reason at all, that she tries feeding him but he never eats her food. I felt she was trying to justify her obvious neglect of him, "I do feed him, honest."

He's not been back there since then, and I've seen her watch him coming here. She only gave a shit when she suddenly realised why he looked so much better than her other cats despite not having been home in months.

Still, getting someone else's cat neutered...
That is a conundrum (is that spelled right, it doesn't look right.... anyway.)

It does baffle me why some people have a lot of animals that they obviously can't take care of. That's how the stray cat problem around where my Mum lives happened, a couple of people having unneutered cats and of course they breed.

She doesn't sound as if she's be open to much suggestion of help. You could let her know that certain charities will provide a voucher to get a cat neutered for free or offer to take him for her. But you'd be braver than I am to do that!
Old 26th July 2017, 11:31

Anxious. Been referred to an abuse counselor and I have my first appointment today , I have denied all this stuff for 30 years, Now I am watching the clock minuet by minuet till I have to leave for my session
Old 26th July 2017, 11:34
Banned at own request

^ hope it goes ok Jose, it cant be easy but hopefully its worth it.

I owe my liver a huge apology at some point. Big bunch of flowers and a shit petrol station teddy bear with "sorry" tattooed across its front. Perhaps even an incredibly light and thin pendant that you cant quite make out what it is from Elizabeth Duke, still in the argos bag.

Ho hum, time to prepare for the day that I probably shouldn't have arranged. Its happening though and I am gonna be there so that's that.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:53

Mood
Cynical

^^ Hope it goes ok. Hopefully if they are used to counselling people with a history of abuse they will understand how hard it is to even begin to talk about it.
Old 26th July 2017, 11:58

Thanks she seems good, i have googled and read every piece of information that the internet has on her , which is of course totally normal healthy behavior
Old 26th July 2017, 12:18

Mood
Cynical

^ It is these days!
Old 26th July 2017, 12:47
Banned at own request

Oh crap, I just failed toy answer my door. SMASH SMASH The whole house felt like it was shaking. I am not dressed and my camera has fallen off the window ledge. SMASH SMASH. Then a few minutes later it all starts again.

Why bang so hard its totally insane, people see a big brass knocker and think they have to smash it even though its clearly a tiny 4 room house.

Really pumped full of adrenaline now and hating having this feeling after so long without.

I am pretty sure its a neighbour as I hear a door quite close closing just after each attempt.

I really doubt it actually was but it sounded like an angry knock. I need to get rid of that knocker and get a nice predictable doorbell. Or a nothing and coat the door in foam rubber, or move.

C'mon flumpsy get a grip. Lots of non dressed people would also not answer the door if it were banged like that.
Old 26th July 2017, 15:38
Banned at own request

^ I certainly wouldn't!

I'm thinking about getting more rats, I promised myself I wouldn't for awhile though. I even got rid of the cages just to make sure. I'm still looking at pictures of babies though
I want to get boys next. Three I think. I'm going to call them Eric, Arthur and Blair. But not yet... probably not yet... *sigh*
Old 26th July 2017, 16:21
Banned at own request

^ You want rats ? Come to harrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJEXOzUuD80
Old 26th July 2017, 17:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHeavy10
^^^ Is it microchipped? Take it to be checked if you can and if it isn't, While not morally correct get it chipped in your name so she has almost no leg to stand on when arguing ownership of the cat. It's a trick I've used a few times to ensure a dog doesn't go back to its abusive former home.
I doubt he's microchipped. These days, around here anyway, they tend to push for microchipping to be done at the same time as neutering, there's even a scheme to get both done for £5.

I have thought about it, and I probably will do it soon. I think she would have a case for ownership though, given that he has sisters that, while they are tabbies, share the exact same markings. And she might have pictures of him as a kitten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
That is a conundrum (is that spelled right, it doesn't look right.... anyway.)

It does baffle me why some people have a lot of animals that they obviously can't take care of. That's how the stray cat problem around where my Mum lives happened, a couple of people having unneutered cats and of course they breed.

She doesn't sound as if she's be open to much suggestion of help. You could let her know that certain charities will provide a voucher to get a cat neutered for free or offer to take him for her. But you'd be braver than I am to do that!
Yeah, it's right, although it did look odd enough for me to google it.

I'm not going to say anything to her. If she wants him she's going to have to come get him, and the only way she can stop him coming back here is if she provides a better life for him. If she can provide a better life for him, then I'd let him go. She won't though. She'll have more cats soon. And more. She has unneutered females, and there's a few toms around here.
Getting pets that you're not going to care for pisses me off more than most things that piss me off.
Old 26th July 2017, 17:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clementine
^ I certainly wouldn't!

I'm thinking about getting more rats, I promised myself I wouldn't for awhile though. I even got rid of the cages just to make sure. I'm still looking at pictures of babies though
I want to get boys next. Three I think. I'm going to call them Eric, Arthur and Blair. But not yet... probably not yet... *sigh*
I'll take 'Authors Real Names' for $500, please Alex. What is George Orwell's real name?
Old 26th July 2017, 17:07

^God, that was such a twatty way to show I knew that, but I'm a twat, so...
Old 26th July 2017, 17:25
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

That when I'm stuck in the house all day I seem to be happier when the weather is bad.
(Its been raining non stop all day).
Old 26th July 2017, 17:32
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird McFlumpsy
^ You want rats ? Come to harrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJEXOzUuD80
Those rats wouldn't like tummy rubs though. They're bad boy gang rats from the mean streets of, err, Harrow. They probably have knives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Little
^God, that was such a twatty way to show I knew that, but I'm a twat, so...
I was impressed, but I'm easily impressed, so...
Old 26th July 2017, 18:15

Mood
Lonely

Old 26th July 2017, 18:20
Co-Administrator

Quote:
I'm moving house on Monday and my new place won't accept pets. I'm going to have to leave my remaining two rats with my parents in London
Old 26th July 2017, 19:01
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger_Lily
I'm moving house on Monday and my new place won't accept pets. I'm going to have to leave my remaining two rats with my parents in London
No! Rats don't count, rats are like children! Smuggle them in!
Old 26th July 2017, 20:02

I'm thinking about dropping out, jacking in my job and just vanishing the hell away from everything.
Old 26th July 2017, 20:33
Banned at own request

Beer.

A lovely cold sharp czech pilsner, in a chilled glass with condensation on the outside. Or a german weissbier, yeah, a paulaner.

I really love beer.
Old 26th July 2017, 20:53
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

A courier must have come at some point today and not knocked on the door (Ive been in all day). Just found a parcel at my door.
Argos and yodal are the worst for this - they give a tiny almost non knock as if they don't really want you to answer the door so they can dump it and scarper.
Old 27th July 2017, 08:20
Co-Administrator

Quote:
No! Rats don't count, rats are like children! Smuggle them in!
I can't. It's absolutely no pets. They're new build flats and they won't let any pets in at all. If I smuggle them in and get caught then I'm breaking my tenancy agreement and I'll probably get evicted.
Old 27th July 2017, 08:42
Banned at own request

^ That's a shame I don't think one or two small, caged pets should count, doesn't seem fair.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:58
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

That I just made it through the front door. Tis pelting it down.
Old 27th July 2017, 17:32

Mood
Horny

New IT trailer, hyped
Old 27th July 2017, 18:45
Banned at own request

I seem to be starting to think clearer about what I may do with the rest of my life. The next portion at least. When everything feels so important its so easy to get bogged down in thinking the same way you have been before and that is just going to repeat the same mistakes. Thinking about what business to start or what one of my existing skills I should exploit for money is going to lead me down a similar path to the one I just escaped from. Paying the mortgage and killing my soul and mental health daily.

I want something physical for my efforts. I dont want to judge my day on number of lines of code, hits on a hit counter or money coming in. I want to make things, create things or fix things.

I am also thinking about beer, lovely lovely beer. A nice rich dark mild would really hit the spot right now. "Oscar wilde" if they still make it. Or a darkstar imperial stout, oh god yes.
Old 27th July 2017, 18:45

A month till Gotham season 3 on DVDs. Because the lazy asses Channel 5 haven't put it on, I'm going to purchase the DVD.