SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th March 2018, 00:04

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
That’s t good, i like that, I really do. That’s some good stuff, oozing. I was thinking though that survivors would beat up candy people with bats or sticks or something until they exploded with candy, like piñata, ya know? Piñata!
Is pinata the plural of pinata?

Dude honestly this candy zombie vision is something i wanna see or possibly play as a game, its kind of annoying i cant x/
Old 12th March 2018, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
edit - splendid avatar btw
Only cost $1.00

(and they threw in a blaupunkt)
Old 12th March 2018, 13:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Received my ESA85 form - the assessors medical report. I was apparently assessed by a physiotherapist I mean seriously? Really pisses me off.

I'm still not sure about claiming JSA, think i'll ask up at MIND tomorrow. Urgh I feel stressed. I went into the council today to sort Housing benefit but the DWP haven't as yet notified them so they can't do anything. Off to the dentist in a bit
Old 12th March 2018, 13:57

Mood
Cynical

^ It beggars belief, it really does. How can you be assessed properly for mental health problems by someone who isn't a mental health professional!

I didn't claim JSA while I was appealing, I just didn't think I could cope with it. You do get paid the introductory rate of ESA once you get to the appeal stage so it really depends if you can manage until then.

As long as you inform the council that you're appealing your housing benefit should continue to be paid. Hopefully it'll all be ok!
Old 12th March 2018, 14:18
Banned at own request

@ Mo34 - Sounds like you are having a pretty stressful time of it, thanks to the DWP
It makes me mad the way they are still using ‘professionals’ that know next to nothing about mental health issues to assess people. Reminds me of a medical that I had to go to years ago where despite insisting that my illness was a mental one the Doctor asked me no questions about my anxiety/depression, but ordered me to strip down to my underwear before checking my reflexes and listening to my chest with his stephoscope!

I hope as Dougella says, that the DWP continue to pay your housing benefit and that your appeal goes through quickly and is successful

Btw, good luck with the Dentist appointment. Hope you don’t have to have much done
Old 12th March 2018, 14:30
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

The sad news that Ken Dodd has passed away
Another entertainment legend gone
Old 12th March 2018, 14:58
Banned at own request

^ Yes, it is sad that yet another old entertainer has gone. It sounds like he had a long and fulfilling life though.

Thinking that I should be doing something much more constructive with my time if I can find just a sliver of motivation
Old 12th March 2018, 16:55
Global Moderator

Mood
Sluggish

^ As someone on the TV said this morning "Doddy may have short changed the inland revenue a few times but he certainly never short changed his fans!"
Old 12th March 2018, 17:09

The good thing about Dodd was ,he was rarely if ever blue, he never swore in his comedy and still could get thousands of people in hysterics.

I doubt theres any other comedian that could do that now.
Old 12th March 2018, 17:39
Banned at own request

^ Yes, sadly those kind of comedians are literally a dying breed. Not many left. I wonder if most of the younger generations (under 40) would even find that kind of humour funny these days?
Old 12th March 2018, 18:35
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ It beggars belief, it really does. How can you be assessed properly for mental health problems by someone who isn't a mental health professional!

I didn't claim JSA while I was appealing, I just didn't think I could cope with it. You do get paid the introductory rate of ESA once you get to the appeal stage so it really depends if you can manage until then.

As long as you inform the council that you're appealing your housing benefit should continue to be paid. Hopefully it'll all be ok!
Tell me about it. How the DWP gets away with it is beyond me.

Yeah I have to admit i'm seriously thinking about not claiming JSA. I'm not sure I can cope with the stress of it. I've read that they backdate the ESA during the MR period, I'm not sure if that's correct or not tho. But yes, as long as the MR doesn't take forever I could potentially wait to just be put back on ESA at the assessment rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
@ Mo34 - Sounds like you are having a pretty stressful time of it, thanks to the DWP
It makes me mad the way they are still using ‘professionals’ that know next to nothing about mental health issues to assess people. Reminds me of a medical that I had to go to years ago where despite insisting that my illness was a mental one the Doctor asked me no questions about my anxiety/depression, but ordered me to strip down to my underwear before checking my reflexes and listening to my chest with his stephoscope!

I hope as Dougella says, that the DWP continue to pay your housing benefit and that your appeal goes through quickly and is successful

Btw, good luck with the Dentist appointment. Hope you don’t have to have much done
Christ that sounds awful! Surely they can't get you to strip down to your underwear without good reason! Even my GP isn't that keen on ppl getting there kit of and that's when they have a reason, lol.

I shouldn't have any issues with my housing benefit as long as I keep a good eye on it all.

Thanks It wasn't to bad (except on my pocket). I've got some serious descions to make regarding a potential treatment/procedure. slightly mad dentist which doesn't help as i'm still not 100% sure I know what the hell he was on about. He was possibly South American and very err relaxed shall we say, chatting away and swinging about on his chair. God I sure do get them
Old 13th March 2018, 15:09

^ what do you drink?
Old 13th March 2018, 15:13
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
I wonder why I can never quench my thirst, my mouth is always dry.
Have you had a test for diabetes ? Its a very common symptom.
Old 13th March 2018, 15:54
Banned at own request

^ It is the first thing most people notice I think. That and extreme lethergy after carby meals, for me at least.

I am not really a doctory type person so I just bought a kit and tested myself but I would say most people would consider the doctor a better option

It may be worth googling for other symptoms although you will probably come away thinking you have the plague Testing is a really simple process.
Old 13th March 2018, 17:02

Wish it were raining

.. I'm off for a walk - cya!
Old 13th March 2018, 17:28
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ it was tipping down here earlier (well up in Midhurst, tho when I got home it looks like it was here too).
Old 13th March 2018, 17:53

The last few days I've had the Nick Cave song Dig, Lazarus, Dig stuck in my head. Today I was in a charity shop having a browse, when from up some stairs I heard someone whistling what I'm certain was the chorus to it. For a second my brain had an 'I'm not having that! Something's going on!' moment. I really felt that pang of superstitious paranoia, where my thoughts were being read or the universe had conspired to have someone whistle a Nick Cave song in my general proximity.

Anyone who's familiar with it, imagine the 'Dig yourself, Laaazarus, dig yourself...' bit being whistled. Is there anything similar sounding you think it could have been?

Oh god, I've just thought: a recurring line in that song is 'I don't know what it is but there's definitely something going on upstairs'. I think this is it. I think I've gone mad.
Old 13th March 2018, 18:07

Mood
Sad

I'm enjoying all the posts about wanking lately
Old 13th March 2018, 18:59
Co-Administrator

^ Shh...Spud'll hear you
Old 13th March 2018, 19:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Wish it were raining

.. I'm off for a walk - cya!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
I said WALK.. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tink_
^ Shh...Spud'll hear you
I heard
Old 13th March 2018, 19:48

Mood
Sneaky

Wee girl at the train station was singing christmas songs to herself on a loop. I guarantee thats the last time that will ever happen in the age of smartphones
Old 13th March 2018, 22:07
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I've given up following the news on Trump. Every time I see a headline some one else has been sacked or buggered off.
Old 13th March 2018, 22:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Y'all need Jesus.
Old 14th March 2018, 01:08

^ yes, i heard he's good with his hands

might play some rime.. but that means ill have to go downstairs.. and i dont know if im really enjoying it atm.. its so slow paced and kinda clunky. and its late, and im kinda tired and and and..

peep show it is
Old 14th March 2018, 09:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
The last few days I've had the Nick Cave song Dig, Lazarus, Dig stuck in my head. Today I was in a charity shop having a browse, when from up some stairs I heard someone whistling what I'm certain was the chorus to it. For a second my brain had an 'I'm not having that! Something's going on!' moment. I really felt that pang of superstitious paranoia, where my thoughts were being read or the universe had conspired to have someone whistle a Nick Cave song in my general proximity.

Anyone who's familiar with it, imagine the 'Dig yourself, Laaazarus, dig yourself...' bit being whistled. Is there anything similar sounding you think it could have been?

Oh god, I've just thought: a recurring line in that song is 'I don't know what it is but there's definitely something going on upstairs'. I think this is it. I think I've gone mad.

sometimes I start singing something that I don't realise someone else has been humming or singing before me. But as your song choice is a little bit obscure (I know Nick Cave but couldn't sing any of his songs) I think it's more likely someone was humming something similar and your brain has twisted it to fit what's already there.

You're not going mad chuck.
Old 14th March 2018, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious
^I havent been tested for diabetes, do you think I should go to the doctor and get checked out?
I think you should go, Darth.

My husband is diabetic and that was what flagged it up to the Dr. He was always tired and constantly drinking.
Old 14th March 2018, 09:30
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm sad about Stephen Hawkings , though I hadn't realised he was 76.
Old 14th March 2018, 19:57

Mood
Shoveit

^ I've just heard this...mind is blown.
Old 14th March 2018, 22:36

Mood
Sneaky

i've just been reading that some people are outraged at the way stephen hawking's life is being remembered. people are objecting to statements lauding his achievements "despite" his disabilities, and praising him for living with his debilitating condition.

i just don't get it. everything i manage to do, i achieve despite being a complete loon who has to fight tooth and nail all day just to get anything done. but, yknow, i can still speak, unlike hawking, and i can still wipe my own ass, and i'm not completely paralysed, yknow?

are we not to think that being utterly paralysed is even slightly inconvenient? that not being able to move ever again would make almost everyone on earth freak the fck out?

just dont get it
Old 14th March 2018, 23:32
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I shouldn't have been such a lazy arse this afternoon, think i'm gonna have trouble sleeping. And I've got a doctors appointment 1st thing at 8.30 am. :/