SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd February 2015, 22:07

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now? (9)

This hand made valentines day card is taking forever
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:15

I hope he sees it like that, it's kinda more like a book I took pink sequins off an old dress earlier to use
Old 2nd February 2015, 22:29

Mood
Bored

Thinking about doctor's appointment tomorrow, anticipating the awkwardness....the awkward silence when I go in and sit down and sit there staring at the floor, thinking of something to say, just complete awkward silence for ages.

If the doctor asks you to go back in say 4 weeks to review medication, you go in say hi, sit down and they say nothing but hi, what are you supposed to say, how do you start talking about the medication or how you are feeling?? Ahhhh!
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:11

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgar

Jump straight in and kick the conversation off with that you are back to discuss / review your medication - then just say how you are finding it and if it is helping you.
Thanks Wulfgar , dreading it!! That's a good idea, I'll try to remember to say that.
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Custard_cream
Thinking about doctor's appointment tomorrow, anticipating the awkwardness....the awkward silence when I go in and sit down and sit there staring at the floor, thinking of something to say, just complete awkward silence for ages.

If the doctor asks you to go back in say 4 weeks to review medication, you go in say hi, sit down and they say nothing but hi, what are you supposed to say, how do you start talking about the medication or how you are feeling?? Ahhhh!
Just say that "I was asked to come back after 4 weeks for a medication review", and then he'll just ask you questions, and it should flow from there. Plus he/she will most likely know that that's what you're there for.

edit: i'd probably say "Hi, I was asked to come back after 4 weeks for a medication review; I'm on 20mg of Citalopram" (or whatever you're on). Then the questions will follow
Old 2nd February 2015, 23:51

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kley
Just say that "I was asked to come back after 4 weeks for a medication review", and then he'll just ask you questions, and it should flow from there. Plus he/she will most likely know that that's what you're there for.

edit: i'd probably say "Hi, I was asked to come back after 4 weeks for a medication review; I'm on 20mg of Citalopram" (or whatever you're on). Then the questions will follow
Thanks Kley. I never really thought of what to say last time, and wonder if I didn't end up speaking, whether she ever would have done.

I'll try to remember to say something like that, spot on with the Citalopram - can't wait for it to be over, just hope that she says I don't have to got back for another 3 months at least. It's so awkward actually having to talk at appointments, find starting off the conversation the hardest.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:15

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfgar
I know its easier said than done but try not to worry - you'll be in and out before you know it. Get your self a nice treat after as way of a reward
Thank you. Yeah, good idea, I'll have a walk into town at lunch and buy something nice, something to look forward to.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:22

Quote:
Thanks Kley. I never really thought of what to say last time, and wonder if I didn't end up speaking, whether she ever would have done.

I'll try to remember to say something like that, spot on with the Citalopram - can't wait for it to be over, just hope that she says I don't have to got back for another 3 months at least. It's so awkward actually having to talk at appointments, find starting off the conversation the hardest.
It won't last long as well. You'll feel good about yourself once it's over and done with
Remember to just have something in mind about what the medication is doing for you as well, and if it's working.
Old 3rd February 2015, 00:39

Mood
Bored

Quote:
It won't last long as well. You'll feel good about yourself once it's over and done with
Remember to just have something in mind about what the medication is doing for you as well, and if it's working.
Thanks Kley. I love it when I get to leave the room!!

I'll have a think of what to say, I don't think it's working too well, just need to think of what to say about why and what is working well etc. always worry I am going to go blank when I am in there.
Old 3rd February 2015, 07:19

^ good luck CC.
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:12

Mood
Bored

^ Thanks Azi. I feel sick.
Old 3rd February 2015, 08:20

Quote:
^ Thanks Azi. I feel sick.
Good luck CC
Old 3rd February 2015, 12:47

How to dig myself out of this mess of a life***8230;
Old 3rd February 2015, 16:57

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna.
I need a new job. A woman I work with doesn't like me and makes it very clear. I feel so uncomfortable all day, scared to say anything at all let alone talk to her. If she talks she makes it obvious she's not including me in the conversation. If she talks to me its only about work and she's very snappy. It sends my anxiety through the roof and I can't handle it. It's not in my head, the other girl we work with has noticed. I can't talk to my manager because she's good friends with this woman.

Problem is getting any job at all would take a miracle, finding one that pays the same would be next to impossible.
I feel your pain. I need a new job too. The whole process of applying for jobs, and rummaging through jobs that require more experience than I have can be crushing, and anxiety inducing. I'm sure we'll find something eventually, though.
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:33

Gawd I really love Sleepless in Seattle <3
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:55

Chippy or order some chinese for dinner....
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:09

^ Yeah I wanted chinese, I didn't have anyone to order with in the end
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:43

I touch the fire and it freezes me, I look into and it's black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope she fries, I'm free if that bitch dies! I'd better help her out
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:49

Quote:
love it!
Same, I had to watch it after talking about it as I had all the songs in my head Think I'm going to watch some of my favourite episodes next
Old 3rd February 2015, 19:56

Quote:
Must admit all this talk of Buffy is making me want to re-watch it, even though I've seen every episode loads of times already!
Same Buffy and Spike just kissed but I already want to re-watch the episode again so I can sing along some more so I am
Old 3rd February 2015, 22:37

^ Cats are awesome. Only tip with cats and littlies is make sure you've got plenty of high places the cat can get to easily to escape when they've had enough.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:18

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
^ good luck CC.
Quote:
Good luck CC
Thank you.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:19

^ How did it go??
Old 4th February 2015, 00:22

Will the phone ring tomorrow?
Old 4th February 2015, 00:38

Mood
Bored

Quote:
^ How did it go??
Hi Kley, thanks for asking. I suppose it went ok thanks, was very awkward having to talk about things, but the ideas that you and Wulfgar gave for starting off the conversation helped. Had medication increased and was asked to call the counsellors to find out when I should hear from them as when my doctor called them at the beginning of Jan, she was told it would be about 3 weeks.

Have to go back again in 3 weeks, call the counselling people tomorrow and not sure how I feel about increasing medication again but hopefully it'll help.

How are you doing?
Old 4th February 2015, 00:40

^ Glad to hear it went well that's good that you're getting counselling. The increase in medication might help you.
I think I need to increase my medication as well; the 20mg citalopram isn't doing much good now I don't think.
Old 4th February 2015, 00:45

Mood
Bored

^ I found the 20mg helped for the first few weeks, but it hasn't helped as much for the last month or so. I haven't been getting really low moods, but have had lack or motivation and general can't be botheredness with things, get irritated a lot etc.

I've had the Citalopram increased to 30mg today. Have you been offered counselling?
Old 4th February 2015, 00:49

^ I've been on 20mg for about 6 months now I reckon, and the first month I saw an improvement I think, but now it's just worn off completely. I feel terrible a lot of the time. Like you, it's the lack of motivation you describe.

No I haven't. I went a month after I started taking the 20mg and told them that it was working, and haven't been back since. Maybe I should go back soon actually, and I might be offered counselling, although I don't think that would help me.
Old 4th February 2015, 01:04

Mood
Bored

^ Maybe an increase in medication would help. I felt great some days during the first month, but now everything just seems like so much effort. Hopefully the increase to 30mg will help, the doctor thinks it should do, so I'll give it a go.

I'm worried about whether the counselling will help or not, but I've kind of got to the stage where I realise that nothing is going to change unless I try to change things myself, so I'm willing to give it a go. Maybe a chat with your doctor will help - it's rubbish feeling like this and you deserve to feel happy - you are a lovely person Joe.
Old 4th February 2015, 01:16

^ I hope the 30mg works for you. Remember that if citalopram is doing any good, there are always other medications to try as well.
I guess you can't really know whether counselling will help or not until you get there. For me though, I don't really think it would help me, because it isn't caused by anything external, so I don't see how talking could change something that is biological for me. I hope it works out for you.
Aww thanks, you too I think I best go back soon ha.
Closed Thread