Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th December 2019, 16:07
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Freudian personality type

https://www.idrlabs.com/freudian-personality/test.php

Quite accurate . My default mode is placid , but if I get frightened or stressed all bets are off (Or at least they used to be before going on the depot antipsychotic).
Old 19th December 2019, 17:02

Default Re: Freudian personality type

"anal expulsive" lol
Old 19th December 2019, 17:45
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Your Freudian Personality Style is:

Phallic-compensative

Self-controlled, sober, and seemingly mild-mannered, you have great facility with analytical arguments, which you use as a double-edged sword, pointing them as much at yourself as you do at others. Socially, you are a bit impassive and vacuous, and you may attach yourself to someone (such as a significant other or female parent) whom you perceive to be better at social interaction and 'all the emotional stuff' than you are, thus neglecting the development of yourself in that area. Metaphorically, your personality style may be likened to a five-year-old who is aware that he is not the favorite child in the family but at the same time wishes that he were. As a result of this envy, you have developed a compensative attitude where you dismantle the dominance of others by analytically picking apart their activities, laying bare their weaknesses and exposing the special treatment that they have received and the double standards they live by. However, while it may seem like you are just being equitable and even-handed, your true motivations are nevertheless personal envy and a longing to compensate for your frustrated need to dominate. One proof of these ignoble motives that underlie your seemingly noble actions is that you sometimes go overboard in your exposition when exposing the flaws of someone whom you perceive to be 'mightier' than you, and that when doing so you can even become a bit moralistic and persecuting, in marked contradistinction to your usual easygoing self.
Rather interesting, I'm not sure I entirely agree with the description but some of it is definitely me.
Old 19th December 2019, 17:46

I am anal retentive, but I could have easily told you that without taking the test

Quote:
Seeking order and tidiness around you, you are set in your ways and most likely feel that everything you do should be impeccable and above criticism. You are meticulous at your job, a hard worker, and more competent at what you do than most. But your accomplishments come at a price: Inwardly you are beset by incessant worrying and prone to punish yourself in your thoughts when you make a mistake. To avoid the dread of being in error, you establish firm rules and fixed procedures that it takes considerable effort and persuasion to get you to deviate from. Metaphorically, your personality style may be described as the toddler who over-internalized the demands of potty training, striving to keep the fecal matter in, even after it was safe to 'let go.' As a result, the adult you is penny-pinching and has a hard time parting with worn-out objects, even after they should have been discarded. In social situations you likewise have trouble 'letting loose' and come across as disciplined, constricted, and a bit reserved.
The last part isn't true though, I am not penny-pinching and I love throwing stuff away.
Old 19th December 2019, 19:42

Mood
Cynical

Retentive hysteric. Surprisingly accurate.
Old 19th December 2019, 21:55

Anal-retentive

Also not a penny-pincher or hoarder. The rest sounds more or less right though, but then why wouldn't it since it's based on answers I chose.
Old 19th December 2019, 22:19

Mood
Tired

Oral Receptive
Old 19th December 2019, 22:20

Oral receptive
also retentive hysteric
Old 19th December 2019, 23:56

Oral Receptive:

Quote:
Being inherently passive and acquiescent, you often feel tense at the prospect of having responsibility placed on your shoulders and having to fend for yourself. Chances are that you resort to biting your nails and smothering yourself in comfort foods (such as ice cream and milky beverages) in order to relieve this tension. Inwardly, you are afraid that if you don't accommodate others and give in to their wishes, they will get angry and withdraw from you, leaving you with no one in your corner to fend for you. This prospect is inherently terrifying to you, because you feel that you cannot trust your own judgment or "make it on your own." Hence, you worry a lot about pleasing people and obtaining their approval, internalizing their ideas as your own and going to great lengths in order to avoid confrontation. Metaphorically, your personality style may be described as an overweaned infant smothered in breast milk. Due to the overavailability of nurture and care early in life, you learned that you could get by simply by passively sucking down the milk instead of developing your own skills.
Oral receptive - 85%
Retentive hysteric - 77%
Anal Retentive - 50%
Phallic Compensative - 44%
Oral aggressive - 35%
Anal expulsive - 24%
Phallic aggressive - 24%
Classic hysteric - 8%

I would say this is quite accurate although not the over-weaned infant smothered in breast milk bit
Old 20th December 2019, 00:11

Mood
Relaxed

Retentive hysteric
Old 20th December 2019, 09:06

I must say this personality type is very new to me hehe
Old 20th December 2019, 09:36

Nobody else spot the test's heteronormativity with the "I am naturally flirtatious and good at getting attention from the opposite sex" question?

The test is #cancelled.
Old 20th December 2019, 11:22

Mood
Mellow

phallic-explosive
Old 20th December 2019, 16:04

Well I have always thought the top/vers/bottom taxonomy fails to capture the gamut of sexual proclivities. Hopefully the apps catch up.
Old 10th January 2020, 16:53

I think I also have some phallic compensative whatever that is.
Old 24th January 2020, 09:26

Mood
Spooky

Phallic-aggressive... oh dear

(not a fan of them jumping adverts)