SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th December 2017, 16:34
Membrane

Lightbulb Helpful Apps

Seeing as it's that time of year again, where the days are short and the nights are long, and we need all the help we can get to improve our moods, thought I might post a few apps that could be helpful. If anyone wants to add anything, or want's me to remove/edit anything for any reason, please feel free to let me know. Hope you all have a great festive period, however you're gonna spend your time.

WellMind (NHS/Blue Step Solutions) : "WellMind is your free NHS mental health and wellbeing app designed to help you with stress, anxiety and depression".
Android - iOS

EleFriends (Mind) : "Elefriends is a supportive online community from the mental health charity Mind".
Android - iOS

Catch It (University of Manchester/Liverpool) : "Catch It is a joint project between the Universities of Liverpool and Manchester, to help users better understand their moods through use of an ongoing diary".

Android - iOS

Happier (Happier) : "Happier is a fun social gratitude journal combined with a positive community!"

Android - iOS

Five Ways to Wellbeing (Somerset County Council) : "Live life to the full with this easy to use Five Ways to Wellbeing app. It offers a practical way to help you feel good and function well in the world".

Android

Silvercloud (Silvercloud Health) : "Silvercloud provides a wide range of supportive and interactive programmes, tools and tactics for mental and behavioural health issues".
Android - iOS ** Please note with Silvercloud, you may have difficulty signing in/creating account, you may need some kind of referral. See here for more.

SAM - Self-help for Anxiety Management (University of West England) : "SAM is a friendly app that offers a range of self-help methods for people who are serious about learning to manage their anxiety".

Android - iOS

Headspace (Headspace, Inc) : "Get the most out of your day with the Headspace meditation app. We’ll help you perform at your best through the life-changing skills of meditation and mindfulness".

Android - iOS

Insight Timer (Insight Network, Inc) : "Insight Timer is the largest community of regular meditators on the planet. Our community generates more meditation minutes than any other app".

Android - iOS

*** I'm not affiliated or sponsored by whatever apps get added to the list.
Old 9th December 2017, 16:47

Default Re: Helpful Apps

good apps
Old 9th December 2017, 16:58
Membrane

Even their website doesn't seem to have a create login. Hmmm.

I can see various ways of signing up via various places like universities. Like here.
Old 9th December 2017, 18:33

Mood
Sad

This is a great idea Chocolate Chin.
Old 9th December 2017, 18:50
Banned at own request

This is a great idea

I used Silvercloud but I had to be referred to it by my CBT therapist. It***8217;s quite good though if you can get a referral.
Old 9th December 2017, 18:55
Banned at own request

^ Yes, unless it’s changed since I used it.
Old 18th April 2019, 16:58

Thank you for posting these. I've downloaded the catch it app to try.