SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th March 2013, 11:03
Banned at own request

Default Is it possible to sync your ipod onto a new itunes without loosing your music when ..

you have no backup data

Everything on my pc was recently deleted and my pc began to work again. However, I want to put a new album on my ipod through i tunes but I've realised although most of my songs are backed up some favourites aren't and I can't lose them.
Old 28th March 2013, 11:21

Mood
Bored

Default Re: Is it possible to sync your ipod onto a new itunes without loosing your music whe

Can't you just copy the files off of the iPod and import those into iTunes from your computer? If not, then Apple are shit, because pretty much every other MP3 player since they first came into existence has worked like that.
Old 28th March 2013, 13:55
Banned at own request

Default Re: Is it possible to sync your ipod onto a new itunes without loosing your music whe

How, I have a 3rd gen ipod shuffle which doesn't have any inbuilt buttons or screen.
Old 28th March 2013, 14:21

Mood
Sad

I remember back in the day, i got a new PC and didn't have any of my old music collection. I hooked up my Ipod, found all the files on it, dragged them onto my new PC and then used a program to convert them all back to MP3's
Old 28th March 2013, 14:26
Banned at own request

I can view my ipod files on itunes and even play them I think but I can't seem to copy it onto the pc. I don't know what I should save the song as.
Old 28th March 2013, 14:27
Banned at own request

I might see if dragging my songs from itunes to pc works.
Old 28th March 2013, 15:46

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova1984
I remember back in the day, i got a new PC and didn't have any of my old music collection. I hooked up my Ipod, found all the files on it, dragged them onto my new PC and then used a program to convert them all back to MP3's
That would absolutely obliterate the quality.
Old 28th March 2013, 15:57

Mood
Sad

They didn't suffer too much if i remember correctly but it was a long, long time ago now. I ended up jus starting again and keeping back ups of everything, easier and safer.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:00
Banned at own request

I kept everything that isn't on cds I own backed up apart from a really good album someone sent to me online.
Old 28th March 2013, 18:16

Location: I grew up in sunny Cardiff and moved to Exeter in 2004.

How do you back up songs on your itunes/ipod? Can someone explain in really easy terms coz im 29 years old now so im not as computer literate as you young groovy kids.
Old 28th March 2013, 19:53
Banned at own request

Just save ur music on a hard drive or memory stick