SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 21st January 2006, 16:37

Default 3 Weeks in....

Well so much for my new year plan. Things are still the same. I dont know what im doing wrong, I need a job badly but it never seems to happen- Im always checking the jobcentre sites and joining agencies but its like the second they see something is 'wrong' with me - im nervous or shy or whatever, I dont hear back from them.

Ive even ignored completely my SA and have applied for jobs like being on tills which scares me but I HAVE to have a job soon or my overdraft will run out.
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:23

Default Re: 3 Weeks in....

Hi ,

Yes new year is a bit like that. We make these vows to ourselves and then before we know it it's three weeks in and nothing seems to have changed.

However what seems to have changed is that you are applying for every job you can. That is something to your credit. if you have determination and stickability then given time you will get somewhere! it's just the waiting.

Don't give up.

Moth
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:27

I just cant stand the constant days where I have NOTHING to do and noone to see. I try and get out the house so I get on the bus into town and think 'now what?'.

It hurts being lonely but when youre ashamed of yourself for always being in the house its even worse.
Old 22nd January 2006, 19:32

Hi next exit

I know this is not what you want to hear but have you tried voluntary work - i know of people who register for something voluntary and then get a job - or have a few months of voluntary work and then get a job or a course or something! Have you a CVS in your town? Maybe going there might help?

Moth
Old 22nd January 2006, 20:30

Sorry but my main concern is money. I need it. If I get a full time job I may look into it but right now its of no interest to me.....
Old 22nd January 2006, 20:36

Yep.

i know where you are coming from. However money was my concern for ten years and I ended up several steps back from where i wanted to be.

VoluntaRY WORK can help with the sefl confidence issue you describe but keep going and get a job - that's the hard way - rejections and then a job - more difficulties and rejections as you try to work through the difficulties - when you come out of the other side - stronger or worn down with the struggle!

Either way - it's not easy. Best of luck and don't give up whatever you decide.

Moth
Closed Thread