SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th March 2010, 16:52
Banned (at own request)

Default Re: Do you feel like you've been too open on the forums....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzaiten
The original question was "Do you feel like you've been too open on the forums?" so my answer is a resounding yes.

I have chatted with some nice people on here but I didn't feel comfortable with what I had written so I deleted the posts.
iv done that too , deleted posts. iv had a couple of thread starter ideas but wont
Old 7th March 2010, 16:57
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

I have had a few people give some nice support and to them i felt really thankful at the time.But the overriding feeling i had from seeing the amount of responses versus page views was not a good feeling.

I remember once i had a friend who complained about another friend 'unloading his depressing shit' because he had 'his' own problems.

Pretty much how i feel others will think if i want a rant on here.
Old 7th March 2010, 16:58

Mood
Fine

I dont mind saying what I think on the forum. The fact that I'm tempted to go to meetups would make me more reluctant posting some of my issues.
Old 7th March 2010, 17:47

Possibility of going to future meetups also stops me posting as openly as I could be plus sometimes I don't feel like coming across as miserable sod (which could well be true but I'd rather stay in denial )
Old 7th March 2010, 20:49

Mood
Thinking

i've only been here for one day, but can't ever really imagine myself being too open on the forums-i can imagine posting a lot, but not necessarily giving too much info away about myself-i still find it really uncomfortable talking about myself/feelings etc as even though we are all in the same boat, i still find it embarrassing to talk about my life and how i feel-maybe i'm still in denial a bit or something. I think if i ever did become more open, then it wouldn't be something i would be worried about or ashamed of, as getting stuff out in the open, even if it is online, is better than keeping it holed up inside.

i think i still have the fear of asking a question, or needing support, and people reading it and thinking *yawn* and going off to the next topic-i'm embarrassingly sensitive, even to online stuff, which is why i probably wouldn't put myself in the position of being too open-rejection hurts too much.
Old 8th March 2010, 01:27
Banned

probably possibly am i bovered not really it's great having an appalling memory most of the time i have no idea what i've posted in here. but i'm pretty sure there's been plenty of these -
Old 8th March 2010, 01:33
Banned

Overal I feel better since I created this thread tbh.
Old 8th March 2010, 01:44

I think on forums its best to give people the benefit of the doubt and be kind, because there is allot of doubt and unknowns when all you have to go on is a few posts.

I enjoy talking to people on the sauk chatroom when im in the mood for it allot more than the forum, not cos people arnt nice here but you dont really get to know anyone or gain much of an insight into their personality. Of course if you meet someone in real life you then again get a more complete picture of someone.
Closed Thread