SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 6th December 2006, 12:29

Default And I thought things couldn't get much worse.......

Oh god as if I didn't feel lousy enough it now seems I've caused problems for a friend and lost his friendship in the process..... I feel like my legs have been taken out from under me. Why the hell do I do this to myself? I trust people? I let them in, believe in them then I go and **** things up and lose them... is it all bloody worth it anyway?
Sorry for the rant...... I need to go to work and face the boss now.... i've just had enough.
Gael
Old 6th December 2006, 12:52
Ruby1

Default Re: And I thought things couldn't get much worse.......

I can relate to those feelings chuck, i went at least 10 years with not a single friend, until i found sauk a few years back and found some of the nicest folks you could ever wish to know, but even then it opened up so many feelings that i hadn't had to deal with for so long....'they haven't spoken to me for a while have i upset them' 'should i pm them but then will i appear too pushy and needy' 'do i seem like i'm cold and don't care enough' 'i miss them terribly' sometimes it seems a lot of effort just to do what other folks seem to find easy. Throw paranoia and mood swings, low self esteem into the bargain and it's sure can be hard. I'd still say having friends is soooo more than worth it, me lifes so much brighter now.
I know your having a tough time today Gael maybe things aren't so bad with your friend (i know when i feel awful i convince meself i've stuffed up my friendships) hopefully it won't have to come to that. The biggest thing i'm getting from your post is that the fact your upset by the thought of losing this mate shows what a caring person you are and i think they're lucky to have you as a friend.
Old 6th December 2006, 13:33

Gael

I think you are a caring person also! Could you not call your friend and try to patch things up??

After all, if you think the friendship is 'over' then you have nothing to lose by calling and trying..who knows, things might not be as bad as they seem..

Good luck, hope things went better with the boss
Old 6th December 2006, 22:21

Thanks guys. At the end of the day my having contact with this person is going to cause them problems... I'm not worth that.
Gael
Closed Thread