Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th December 2012, 20:28

Mood
Bored

Default Re: anyone single still?

I'm another one no partner altho I do have a very good text friend I would like someone special to just hang out with and just watch dvds but as been mentioned before not that easy to get out and about but hopefully as they say there is somebody out there for everyone maybe mine just got lost or is too stuborn to ask for directions
Old 7th December 2012, 21:45
Banned

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca-boo
I have no partner and no friends
You've got me as a friend
Old 7th December 2012, 22:01

Quote:
And you've got me as your partner LMAO
Old 7th December 2012, 22:20
Banned

Mood
Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy J
And you've got me as your partner LMAO
I added as a friend on my status afterwards in case there was any confusion
Old 8th December 2012, 00:43

Mood
Dreaming

I'm not panicking yet (I'm nearly 25 but still wanted to post here!), sometimes I get bothered about feeling unwanted, undesirable, not a keeper but I don't feel like I have to settle down yet. I think I'd be ok in around the next 7 years if I still didn't have anybody but it's nice to get some interest at times. If I found someone were it seemed we were meant to be together that would still be good.
I want friends mostly, they've made it feels like it's less important to try and get a partner. I used to feel like I needed a boyfriend, I'm not sure why, maybe it was because I thought that was what everyone was aiming for in life. I just want good company though and someone I can share my thoughts and worries with. I guess I still get times were I'm upset about being single.
I'm not too bothered about being settled down or married by a certain age anymore, since a lot of marriages don't last or people end up feeling stuck with each other. I would like to experience some relationships while I'm young though. I guess when I'm older and if everyone my age around me seems to be married and have kids I might feel a bit left out but there will still be a few others the same way. I just want to have people around me, I don't want to feel all alone.
Old 8th December 2012, 00:46

Mood
Musical

Me myself and I

think that will be the case until i die now
Old 8th December 2012, 00:51

Mood
Melancholy

I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact I'll be single for the rest of my life. Stranger things have happened though, I guess. Though I can't see me getting past my problems and having trust in someone.
I have far too many issues to unleash on anyone - particularly somebody I cared for. I don't really have anything to offer, so tend to just focus on trying to be a good person. Most days I fail at even this.
Old 8th December 2012, 10:38
Banned

Mood
Scared

Yeah im a single pringle in need to mingle. Im not interested in a relationship, unless the girl was someone very special. I need to get myself right first, have my freedom and fun then settle down.

Right now Im just to bloody shy to do anything on that front, it comes with the SA territory.. Small steps though. Once the shyness goes and I gain strength (like Heman) Im gonna be a lady killer...... and why not.
Old 8th December 2012, 15:27

I wish I didn't care!
Having been on 2 dating sites for 3 years it's beginning to feel like I can't even give myself away ! Obviously no woman out there has reached a point so low as to give me a go.
Oh dear
Old 8th December 2012, 15:30

I'm single atm but I kinda want to be. No stress and icky cooties boys
Old 8th December 2012, 15:35
Banned

Mood
Scared

I wouldnt mind a couple of FB's (no not facebook friends ) Something casual with a couple of big bummed beauties.

Next year will be my year.
Old 8th December 2012, 15:38

Yeah, sick of it to be honest. I feel like I need someone to give me motivation to get up in the morning. If it wasn't just about me I'd have to and want to keep doing better in life.
Old 8th December 2012, 19:43

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Hi becca I'll be your friend
Old 9th December 2012, 10:20

Mood
Cheerful

I'm Single, with no real friends so spend most of my time with my two cats on my own
Old 9th December 2012, 13:33

Location: I grew up in sunny Cardiff and moved to Exeter in 2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRH1987
Yeah, sick of it to be honest. I feel like I need someone to give me motivation to get up in the morning. If it wasn't just about me I'd have to and want to keep doing better in life.
Im the same.
Old 9th December 2012, 23:28

Mood
Sneaky

i'm still single, can you believe this?! or perhaps do something about it..?
Old 10th December 2012, 00:34

Mood
Mellow

I'll be your girlmanfriend Seth, we can have a meaningful relationship online!
Old 10th December 2012, 08:53

still single and getting grey hair ....nightmare.....LOL
Old 10th December 2012, 21:11

35 here, and never had a relationship of any kind. Not even a sniff. I would say that no-one was ever interested in me, but I've been told that someone once was, I was just too oblivious to notice and eventually she got bored of me being clueless. She even asked herself into my flat once, when she knew it was just me there. I thought she was after my flatmate and was puzzled when she wanted to come in even though he wasn't there. I can't believe how ^&*$$ naive I was.

Anyway, if anything I'm too conscious of being single these days. But I heard some good advice - be friends before you get into a relationship. Now all I have to do is make some friends. One step at a time :|
Old 10th December 2012, 21:34

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegrey
I can't believe how ^&*$$ naive I was.
I have alway been clueless when it comes to the opposite sex giving me signals that they are interested, so much so that everyone came to the conclusion that I must be gay.

When girls have been very direct with me and asked me out, there have always been a pack of girls giggling nearby, so I always assumed it was some cruel joke they were playing on me.

It probably was, but sometimes I wonder.
Old 10th December 2012, 22:10

Mood
Sneaky

my revelation of the past few years is the idea that no matter how much of a scumbag i see myself as, some women are actually capable of being attracted to me.

when you can't imagine this in any shape or form its hard to understand or see signals.
Old 10th December 2012, 22:28

Mood
Tired

I'm not a scumbag - it's the scumbags that seem to have the most sucess with women.

But then I wouldn't want to attract the kind of women that thinks scumbags are attractive.
Old 13th December 2012, 21:34

I don't think I'm capable of having a girlfriend
Old 29th December 2012, 21:52

Mood
Alienated

no partner, 1 friend who i see about 6 times per year at mine for a coffee & catch-up = no social life. i would so love to visit a pub on a quite night for a few pints but dont have the confidence to do it alone, such is life i wish
Old 1st January 2013, 20:31

Mood
Gloomy

I have no partner but a few friends. I do think tho, that as you get older your friendships change as most people do have partners/a life and aren't always free to share experiences. I may be rather cynical here, but I also find people aren't always that reliable. I don't go out socially, and the last three years have been particularly difficult for me. However, I try not to let SA interfere too much and I have no problem in traveling abroad or holidaying alone. I have always gone out alone even when I was younger, although then I had a bigger social circle so I always managed to tag along with someone.
I have been told in the past that men fancy me, but could never work this out, I suppose like others have said, I just can't read signals; I've also had some bad experiences with men which just reinforces my belief that there's sommat wrong with me. I don't think anyone would want me now ( being fat and middle aged) so I am trying to come to terms with a life alone - I think in the past I had always secretly hoped I would find someone, but not now.
I think life is for living and still intend to do as much as I can when I am able to, on my own. Not having a partner doesn't stop you from appreciating beauty, exploring, trying new things, or having a meaningful life.
Old 24th January 2013, 08:29

Mood
Fine

Yes I'm single, I'm 34 never had a serious relationship, just some flings.
I do have some friends.

I really am very different from those people who say they are loners and better without other people. I certainly don't need other people to make me happy, however when I'm in a good mood being with other people can be great.

Having friends is about giving something of yourself back it's not all about sucking the life out of them.

It's easy to meet people, just join a meet-up group, learn to climb, learn any sport.

I'll go to Salsa tonight, although none of those people are my friends it's still fun.

Mark
Old 24th January 2013, 15:03

Exclamation Re: anyone single still?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexip
I'm not a scumbag - it's the scumbags that seem to have the most sucess with women.

But then I wouldn't want to attract the kind of women that thinks scumbags are attractive.
They***8217;re not really scumbags. More like***8230; jerks. The thing is, nice guys end up friendzoned because they don***8217;t sexualise their approach. They don***8217;t want to give offence, so they come off as asexual, somewhat akin to a statue or a pillar box or something.

Jerks treat women the way they do because they have gotten into the habit of going for what they want, and then handwaving a dismissal the instant they don***8217;t get it.

I used to be that nice guy. I***8217;m not a jerk now, but I see more play than I used to do. I only kissed a woman when I turned 23, and had to wait until 28 before I had sex for the first time.

Think of that person you really really yearn for, and how long it takes even to initiate a conversation with her (months perhaps!). A ***8216;jerk***8217; will simply walk up to her, flirt, and ask her out. If she turns him down, he***8217;ll move onto the next woman. He doesn***8217;t develop deep crushes on any particular woman unless he***8217;s actually going out with her.

That was ***8212; and still is ***8212; the hardest thing for me to grasp: that it***8217;s all a numbers game and you have to get shot down in flames before you make any progress. Which is even worse when you suffer SA.

Quote:
Hai apna dil to awaara...
That song is immortal!
Old 24th January 2013, 21:09

Mood
Pensive

single and no friends
had bfs in the past never lasted longer than year usually end because it goes no where as i cant meet there family/friends do anything social with them
Old 24th January 2013, 21:42

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodanshi Helcarver
They’re not really scumbags. More like… jerks
i wouldn't even say jerks....they're just confident

Quote:
That was — and still is — the hardest thing for me to grasp: that it’s all a numbers game and you have to get shot down in flames before you make any progress. Which is even worse when you suffer SA.
learning to approach women brought me 2% success.....but i'd say learning to deal with rejection brought me 98% success
Old 24th January 2013, 22:52

Mood
Bookworm

Quote:
The thing is, nice guys end up friendzoned because they don’t sexualise their approach. They don’t want to give offence, so they come off as asexual, somewhat akin to a statue or a pillar box or something.
I think this is more or less right, though more precisely what's happening is that the guy self friendzones, if I may add this distinction . He feels (on some level) he has to de-sexualise his approach because he thinks no woman could ever possibly want him. Which is more a matter of dismally low self esteem than, necessarily, kindness, isn't it.