SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th June 2014, 23:32

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

The new KFC ad on the TV and the flute noise
Old 12th June 2014, 23:37

Spiders. When I say `annoy` I mean `terrify` really I suppose. They love me though,can`t get enough of me
Old 12th June 2014, 23:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
When trailers say a film is coming out 'June twenty' rather than twentieth. I don't know why, or if it is in fact the correct way, but it just irks me slightly.
It's American, so obviously very very wrong.
Old 13th June 2014, 13:38

Mood
Bored

This weather. It's too hot to do anything. Hope it doesn't get as bad as last year.
Old 13th June 2014, 14:06
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
When trailers say a film is coming out 'June twenty' rathere than twentieth. I don't know why, or if it is in fact the correct way, but it just irks me slightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress
It's American, so obviously very very wrong.
why is the American film Born On The Fourth of July not called Born On July Four? ( prob because it would imply it was the third sequel to Born On July)
Old 13th June 2014, 14:10

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Prunes
This weather. It's too hot to do anything. Hope it doesn't get as bad as last year.
I agree with that one.

And whats with sweating? Whats that all about? Whats the deal with that? Nobody has ever thought to themselves "hmm, I am getting a bit hot, it would be very refreshing now if I could have a good sweat". When you sweat you go from being too hot to being stinky and uncomfortable and unsightly and oh yeah, you are still too hot! And then you have to wash your sodden shirt after every time your wear it unlike the winter when you go weeks without changing shirts (or is that just me?) This is why I dislike summer and why I avoid any and all activities that make you sweat. Including that one. Although that's not really out of choice.
Old 14th June 2014, 00:18

Being hungry all the time. It makes no sense. I eat well - mostly far more well than you'd think to look at me - yet it's still never enough. I'm hungry now, and I've been debating in my head for the past half an hour whether I should give in and have a munch. Trouble is, I've done barely any exercise this week, and despite my family telling me the contrary when I lift up my top and ask them to appraise it, I'm convinced my stomach's getting pretty wobbly. Like I can feel it when I walk, laugh and sneeze, defiantly reverberating, accompanied by a wheezing loop of 'because you're a fatty' in the tune of Pharrel's Happy. It disturbs me.

I'm off to get the Kettle chips.
Old 14th June 2014, 00:27

Mood
Bitching

having no work to do at work
Old 14th June 2014, 16:40

People on ebay asking me if an item I'm selling is in working order when I've already taken the time to compose a comprehensive description about the item, including the fact that it's working perfectly. And then people asking me my location when it's already on the advert.

Why are people so flipping weird?
Old 14th June 2014, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot
People on ebay asking me if an item I'm selling is in working order when I've already taken the time to compose a comprehensive description about the item, including the fact that it's working perfectly. And then people asking me my location when it's already on the advert.

Why are people so flipping weird?
By weird do you mean dumb/lazy? `Cos those are the words that spring to mind when I read that

Seeds (in food) annoy and repel me in equal measure.
Old 14th June 2014, 18:36

Mood
Sneaky

1. ordered a game
2. they send me the playstation version when i ordered the xbox version
3. sent them email informing them
4. they will send out the right one straight away
5. recieve another playstation version in the post
6. *annoyed*
Old 15th June 2014, 23:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
By weird do you mean dumb/lazy? `Cos those are the words that spring to mind when I read that
Indeed
Old 16th June 2014, 00:00

Mates that bring their yawning gf's to watch footie and then pander to their whim by acting uninterested.

Stop being a twat (and don't bring her next time!)
Old 17th June 2014, 15:29

^ Not only that, but where I live, you see abandoned trolley's scattered all over town. I even see them in my village, about 5 miles away from the nearest supermarket. There's lots of them as well. I'm not sure what others think, but trolley's sort of spoil the scenery.
Old 17th June 2014, 15:47

Reminds me of this:

Trolleys don't quite make for the most attractive pieces of public sculpture, I don't think. Sort of nice idea though.
Old 17th June 2014, 16:43

People who throw cash dispenser receipts on the floor when there's bin nearby. Also, people who throw junk food cartons out of car windows.
Old 17th June 2014, 16:55

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by JzMunch
^ Not only that, but where I live, you see abandoned trolley's scattered all over town. I even see them in my village, about 5 miles away from the nearest supermarket. There's lots of them as well. I'm not sure what others think, but trolley's sort of spoil the scenery.
Theres always a shopping trolley in my local river. So annoying. When I went to north Wales recently, I kept wondering why there were no trolleys in the rivers.
Old 17th June 2014, 16:59

Mood
Bitching

people who don't realise the 1 metre gap behind the people at the ATM is NOT there for them to push in
Old 17th June 2014, 16:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Reminds me of this:

Trolleys don't quite make for the most attractive pieces of public sculpture, I don't think. Sort of nice idea though.
That's great, but I bet the local Tesco was pissed when they find out what had happened to all of their trolleys
Old 17th June 2014, 21:53

Yolo. That really annoys me. It's like a cheaper version of Carpe Diem.
Old 19th June 2014, 13:18

When one of the handles on a shopping bag snaps mid way home .
Old 19th June 2014, 18:51

Mood
Balanced

The culture of "professional fouling" and flagrant play-acting that seems to be accepted as a part of football. Its pathetic.
Old 19th June 2014, 19:30

Mood
Balanced

I have just discovered this programme called Mythbusters, where a bunch of science dorks test out the validity of popularly held beliefs or sayings (e.g. they did a pretty silly experiment to discover if you could literally blow someones socks off, and another experiment to see if there is such a thing as deadly quick sand).

Anyway its a fun show but its annoying that they don't seem to understand the meaning of the word myth.

A myth, by definition, is a widely held belief that is false. If their experiment shows that the widely held belief is in fact false, then they claim that they have "busted the myth". That is bollocks. If you "bust" a myth, then you are proving that the myth is false, which means that the popularly held belief is not a myth, that is, the popularly held belief is true. What they have in fact done is confirmed the myth.

On the other hand, if their test suggests the popularly held belief is actually true, then they say "the myth is confirmed". Again, pure bollocks. If you confirm a myth, you are actually saying that the popularly held belief is indeed a myth, that is, is false.

The show should be called "popularly-held-belief busters". Although admittedly that is a shit name for a show.

Its possible I am overthinking this.
Old 21st June 2014, 12:28
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

This was a news story a few weeks ago that annoyed me.

A girl aged about 13 (I think) wouldn't stop talking in class so the teacher put sellotape over her mouth.
Opinion in that great intellectual discussion that is the Metro was divided over whether the teacher was a hero or if he'd humiliated the girl (I think that just sending her outside would be enough, no need to humiliate her in front of her mates).

The bit that annoyed me though was that schools, particularly primary schools, are obsessed with girls being 'bubbly' and actively encourage them to chat and giggle all the time. So the poor kid was only doing what she'd been encouraged to do and been praised for all her life, and got punished for it.

They can't have it both ways! At least teach them that sometimes there is a time and a place to be quiet and listen to what others have to say, but don't encourage them to giggle away all the time and then suddenly decide to punish them! Poor girl must've been very confused.
Old 21st June 2014, 13:39

This forum runs on American spelling or can I change my language settings somehow?
Old 21st June 2014, 15:09

Bit annoyed that i've not seen any boobage in my current job (courier).

Was greeted by an elderly man today who answered the door in just a pair of white y-fronts. He apologised and explained that i had caught him mid-shave, while he tried signing his name on the handheld. Unfortunately, he couldn't see where to sign it all too well and spent a fair bit of time adjusting his body position to get a better view. Now, If i really wanted to, i could have feasted my eyes on a large portion of his scrotum because whilst he was moving about i noticed a gap keep opening up because the elastic must've been loose. It was gruesome.

I've had several other instances of this kind - all fecking males - but nothing quite as bad as today.

Robin Askwith indeed..
Old 21st June 2014, 15:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Are you using G-Chrome?

It's set to American spellings. If so then:

click on the three little bars at the top -> settings -> show advanced settings (at the bottom in blue) -> language and input settings

Then you have to click add to add English (UK)

Then you have to click on 'use this language for spell check' or something.

Long winded, or what!?
Yes thank you very much. That worked!
Old 21st June 2014, 23:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
I've had several other instances of this kind - all fecking males
Hmmm, think I'll become a courier
Old 22nd June 2014, 15:55

People who try to inflict their own personal beliefs onto others and think that their way is the only right, acceptable and 'respectable' way REALLY REALLY annoy me
Ordinarily, I would try to spend as little time as possible with people whose opinions are so different to mine, but if they are family members that you love it's not so easy If I want to be Agnostic and not condemn people as immoral heathens because they've had sex outside of marriage and don't dust their bloody skirting boards every week then it's my f****** choice!!

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest
Old 22nd June 2014, 16:07

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
People who try to inflict their own personal beliefs onto others and think that their way is the only right, acceptable and 'respectable' way REALLY REALLY annoy me
Ordinarily, I would try to spend as little time as possible with people whose opinions are so different to mine, but if they are family members that you love it's not so easy If I want to be Agnostic and not condemn people as immoral heathens because they've had sex outside of marriage and don't dust their bloody skirting boards every week then it's my f****** choice!!

Sorry, I needed to get that off my chest
I think I might know how you feel, as my family members have VERY different views to me. They have fairly ridiculous right-wing views, and I find it incredibly frustrating. Have no choice but to live with them at the moment though.