Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st April 2010, 11:21
Banned

Default Lost Season 6

Anyone following? Discuss.

Note: this is for anyone to talk about lost, but specifically those keeping up with it. Treat the entire thread as a *SPOILER* alert if you are not up to date with your lost.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:25

Default Re: Lost Season 6

I still haven't finished Season 3 :rolleyes:
I don't have any of the pay channels and nor do I like buying dvds. But I would like to see it (because I am an itsy bit smitten with Sawyer, lol) when it becomes available to ppl without satellite tv. I'm not going to look at this thread again in case the plot gets given away, lol.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:21

Mood
Lurking

yeh ive been watching it i think its brilliant.the last episode was quality i wondered how richard was like 200yrs old lol it looks like its all going to be about good vs evil cant wait to see how it ends.
Old 1st April 2010, 12:53
Banned

My prediction ever since i saw this

Is that somehow everything is going to wind up intertwined like this

but who knows.
Old 1st April 2010, 23:12
Banned

I see those 2 pieces now (having watched season 6 so far) as Good & Evil which each character having their respective coloured stone in the show.
Old 14th April 2010, 22:11

I thought Season 5 was a big pile of warts, so Season 6 had better be something special after all that TV watching
Old 15th April 2010, 05:43

Mood
Spooky

I'm enjoying Hurley & Desmond playing bigger parts this season.

The latest episode was explosive
Old 15th April 2010, 16:57
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapport
I have no clue what is going on

Locke seemed scared/apprehensive to see Jack?
I read it as he was surprised he was there as he thoguht getting Jack to come to him would be hard and then the menacing grin when JAck looked shocked to see him as they have'nt met since Locke saw ihim in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizrah
I thought Season 5 was a big pile of warts, so Season 6 had better be something special after all that TV watching
Season 5 was the best IMO
Old 24th May 2010, 21:48

*SPOILERS*

Ok, I have seen the ending today, OMFG: DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DIDN'T SEE THE LAST EVER EPISODE THAT WAS ON TODAY...

Best TV show ever I think

Up there with New-BSG and Star Trek TNG/DS9 for me as my favs
Old 24th May 2010, 21:52

I want the last 6 years of my life back

Ok it was good, but they still didn't answer anything
Old 24th May 2010, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by young_al_capone
I want the last 6 years of my life back

Ok it was good, but they still didn't answer anything
Yeah I know and this is what is annoying me at the moment but I think it was the kind of ending that will be discussed and debated for years and years to come and that is exactly what the writers wanted.

It was either that or spend all the time working through a list of questions and coming up with answers for every last little thing and even then those answers may not be satisfactory for everyone so why bother trying to answer them at all?

Unless they plan on bringing a book out with the answers or something? If so then that would be a good business move by the writers
Old 25th May 2010, 02:10

Mood
Spooky

That was it??? A crappy ending with a double dollop of crappy Jack.

What a load of boll-ox
Old 25th May 2010, 10:46
Banned

After thinking on the finale for a day now i come to the conclusion that it was a very good ending. At first i felt it was a cop out but we could'nt have expected them to reveal everything, it kinda takes away the mystique of the show.
I can't remember if i knew what happened correctly when it finished but i think i got the jist of it all now with what the 'flash-sideways' timeline was all about and it seems to all fit now.
The only trouble is you feel with any show you should'nt have to investigate what this meant or what this meant especially with a show finale, i don't expect to be spoon fed but make it a bit clearer please:rolleyes:

Did you lot get it all when it finished or were you thinking 'what was that bit about' etc
Old 25th May 2010, 12:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
After thinking on the finale for a day now i come to the conclusion that it was a very good ending.

Did you lot get it all when it finished or were you thinking 'what was that bit about' etc
Me too, if they had explained everything, that would just lead to more questions, it kept the mystery of lost.

I still want to know what the island is and why its so special, not just that theres some magical light that does bad stuff when it goes out

from what I understand everything that happened on the island was real. The flash sideways, that shows what would happen if the plane didn't crash isn't real, its something like purgatory. The flash sideways/purgatory is a place where time doesn't exist. They all died at different times ( i assume Hurley and ben survived on the island for quite a while , when they were out side the church he said you made a great number 1.... and I guess that the rest of the made it off the island and lived for quite a while too) because time doesn't exist in the flash sideways, when they died, they all showed up at the same time.

they 'made' the flash sideways when they died because they werent ready to except their death yet and move on. when they started meeting eachother in the fake world, they remembered the island and their pasts and realized they were all dead, and were able to move on to whatever was on the other side of the door (presumably Heaven)
Old 25th May 2010, 12:37

what i thought of finale

"I dont understand"
Old 25th May 2010, 19:15

Mood
Angelic

I'm sooooo glad there's a thread on here for this ...... because I am so friggin confused right now!!!!

Just watched the finale and am left with a massive WTF in my head!

Some questions I am left with are:

And there's plenty more where they came from!

I just hope that Fridays 'explanation' program actually does some explaining!!!

It really just feels like the writers thought "Right we've strung this out for 6 years how the hell are we going to explain it all?" And really didn't have a clue!
Old 25th May 2010, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore Eyes

Heres how I understand it
Old 25th May 2010, 20:04

Mood
Lurking

i know daniels mother didnt want desmond to tell people because she wasnt ready lose her son i think, kinda like ben wasnt ready to move on either i rekon he was waitin for his daughter alex.

they should have said the island was like the centre of the universe or sumin that would have explained sum things.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:24

I have a question. How come Michael's ghost was trapped on the Island and couldn't move on? Ok, he committed murder, but Ben did too and many, far worse things. As I recall, Michael eventually redeemed himself by sacrificing his life. Ben did no such thing.

Too many loose ends for my liking. They obviously made it up as they went along.
Old 25th May 2010, 20:27
Banned

What Young Al said seems to be the widely accepted theory of the finale. Alot of things are left to interpretation like what Eloise said to Desmond and why Ben stayed outside the church but by going with the whole purgatory thing i reckon Ben did'nt want to move for reasons of guilt maybe that he could'nt shake off and Eloise not wanting to move on either and wanting to have her son there with her.
The producers always said the shows is about the charecters and the finale proved this cos the Islands secrets took a backstep.
Old 26th May 2010, 14:30

Mood
Sweettooth

Was the name Christian Shepard meant to be a clue from the beginning?
Why did Sayid choose Shannon rather than Nadia?
And that labrador looked nothing like Vincent.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:12

Mood
Blah

I was really disappointed about the ending. Infact series 1 was great and the rest was pretty rubbish imo. I'm a lost lover but where they dreamt up all this stuff from...
Old 26th May 2010, 15:28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by February
Was the name Christian Shepard meant to be a clue from the beginning?
Why did Sayid choose Shannon rather than Nadia?
And that labrador looked nothing like Vincent.
Nadia died earlier on and probably moved on long a go. As Shannon was on the Island i guess as Christian said the people they were with on the Island were very important to each other and i guess most of them have'nt moved on after their death.
Apparently the dog was the real life dog of the actor playing Jack.
Old 26th May 2010, 18:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore Eyes
I'm sooooo glad there's a thread on here for this ...... because I am so friggin confused right now!!!!

Just watched the finale and am left with a massive WTF in my head!

My 'answers':

Old 26th May 2010, 19:01

Its clear during the series that the writers where making it up as they go along, there was never a plan.

They seemed to be concentrating on ensuring the episode of the week was as good as it could be whilst stringing us along and they did a great job too!!

I actually think I enjoyed the finale and I can live without the answers. I think its inevitable that there will be some kind of spinoff show written by someone else. Perhaps this new show will learn from the old one
Closed Thread