SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th December 2023, 20:17

Default Re: Not caring what other people think of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara 94
Why do you think no one will love you the way you are?
Because I completely lack the qualities other people look for in a person, and my attempts at improving have been unsuccessful.

It's not even about love. Nevermind love, nobody respects me. That's what it's all about really, respect. And that affects pretty much every aspect of my daily life. Going to work is horrible because I'm surrounded by people who see me as shit on their shoe. I can't do anything fun with others, I can't even do the basic stuff. Every time I'm with another person I feel like they see me as the lowest of the low. And it doesn't get any easier the more I do stuff, it's getting more difficult to keep forcing myself to do it all every day.

I'm not uncomfortable with criticism, I'm used it, and I'll hold my hand up and admit that I have all these horrible character flaws.

I'm very defensive, but it's the only way I can get through each day. It's either that or be a doormat. It's definitely the lesser of two evils.
Old 14th December 2023, 22:54

Default Re: Not caring what other people think of you

@Merry - perhaps my post wasn't very clear. I was trying to say I felt lucky that I get taken under wings, and wasn't at all saying that it happens to every woman! I know a lot of women with SA who have excellent support networks. I also know a lot of women with SA who have experienced hostility and bullying etc. but luckily I've never experienced it. (Well, only online!!)