SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th October 2022, 20:32

Default New meds

Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok. It’s been a while since I posted. Just over 4 weeks ago I went to my Doctors about my sertraline meds not working as well as they had been. I noticed my mood was up and down, overthinking and anxiety getting worse when I was out.

My GP took me off the sertraline gradually, the first few days of weening off the meds were ok then I started to get headaches, bouts of dizziness, very vivid dreams and worse than normal forgetfulness, is this normal for coming off antidepressant meds? I have been back to the doctor and explained the withdrawal symptoms, to be honest, he wasn’t too interested but recommended I start on 75mg of venlafaxine per day, which I have looked up and appears to be for generalised anxiety disorder and depression. Anyway, I will give it a go and see if there is any improvement.
Old 29th October 2022, 20:38

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: New meds

Yes those symptoms are pretty normal for antidepressant withdrawal unfortunately, although it tends to be better the slower you decrease the doses.
Venlafaxine is a common one that people with anxiety and depression are prescribed. I am on that one and have found it helpful, but always worth giving it atleast six weeks to see how it goes.