SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th May 2006, 18:04

Default Back Again!

Hi

I first found this site back in 2000 when i'd been presecribed paroxetine and saw the words Social Phobia on the leaflet. Since then i've been doing really well SA wise up to about 1 year ago. I moved to Australia by myself (had a friend out there) and things were going great. Then things got a bit hard with my friend and i noticed the SA symptoms coming back. I'm now back in the UK living back with my parents and withdrawing from paroxetine (started citalopram 3 weeks ago) and in a total mess. I insisted on being referred to a psychiatrist so am in the process of waiting therapy. This has come as a total shock to me.

I guess i'm just looking for some support or other peoples experiences especially with paroxetine and anti depressants. Also is anyone aware of any SA supportgroups in the West Yorks area.
Old 7th May 2006, 18:36

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: Back Again!

Hi Daisyju. Sorry to hear that things have got worse for you again.
I'm in West Yorkshire. There is a meet organised for next Saturday 13th May in Leeds if you'd like to join. I'm sure you'd be welcome.
I don't know about support groups though but someone else might.
Old 8th May 2006, 16:36

Hi Wiinie

Thanks. I live just outside of leeds. Don't feel up to the meet though at the moment i'm a nervous wreck sat at home on my own. Think its all the chemical changes happening in my brain. Hopefully in the future sometime though.
Old 8th May 2006, 18:47

Hi daisyju I was paroxetine for 4 years it is a very hard drug to come off it really through me in the deep end and like you i was a nervous wreck. Apparentley paroxetine has one of the worst withdrawel symptoms off the ssri but it does get easier keep in touch with your doc if things get out of control.
Old 8th May 2006, 18:56

Hi Daisyju

Welcome back if that's the right thing to say. I'm on Citalopram also, have been taking it for seven weeks in conjunction with Reboxetine and I must say they seem to help, to date anyway.
Old 11th May 2006, 17:13

Thanks guys for your support.

I really don't know what i'm experiencing at the moment. Paroxetine withdrawal/Diazepam withdrawal/Side effects of citalopram or just little old me not that i'm particularly little or old.

Was interested to hear that you've found citalopram helpful Marcus. I'm pretty sceptical myself. Have been referred for a therapy assessment today by the psychiatrist but that can take 4 to 6 weeks.

Daisyju
Old 12th May 2006, 03:34

I took citalopram for about a year 3 years ago. I found it really knocked me back for the first week or two, couldn't get out of bed etc. Fortunately this did not last and it proved quite effective after that. I also found it very easy to stop by a planned withdrawal over about a month - no probs there at all. Hope it works out for you.
Old 12th May 2006, 11:03

Hello all, I'm new to this site. I have only just realised there is a name to how I feel about being sociable, or unsociable as the case may be. I have been to the doctors on quite a few occasions and they have always put my anxieties down to depression and never even suggested it might be SA. I have been prescribed seroxat before and could not take it as I felt constantly tired. I was also given Lustral (I think this is probably prozac) but this made me feel really nervous and made my anxieties worse. Now after finding this site I will pluck up the courage to go back to my doctors and try to find some alternative medication that hopefully will help. I think I saw that someone of this site is taking Luvox (Fluvoxamine), has anyone tried this one, and does it help?

Sorry I seem to be rambling on, it's so much easier to write than talk.
Closed Thread