SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd February 2018, 01:50

Default Re: Do you look your age?

Well I***8217;m not as good looking as I was in my 20***8217;s. I really was in my prime back then. God I was a Stallion! But now Damn you father time! Although at least I can take comfort in knowing that I am not alone in feeling this way and that my fellow 30+ members are also starting to resemble the actors from the film Cocoon. I also think we should embrace our age and not give in to society***8217;s obsession with looking youthful. So I say throw away your hair dye and let your untrimmed nostril hairs flare with delight!
Old 22nd February 2018, 03:45
Banned at own request

I think perhaps I do now, each bath I have leaves a fur-ball at the plug and what i see in the mirror each day looks more and more like my dad. I dont really mind but yeah, I see time passing very clearly. I actually prefer me old/aged/hairy. Youthful me looks strangely chubby faced and wrongly cherub like.
Old 22nd February 2018, 15:09

Mood
Balanced

I think you could knock a few years off...the hair dye helps.
Old 25th February 2018, 08:45

It depends how closely you look at me. From across the room I probably look a little bit younger, but up real close I probably look a little older than my age.
Old 26th February 2018, 16:50

Mood
Nerdy

Nope I've always looked young. I don't think being low in confidence helps.

My counsellor told me I look 19, which is oddly specific I'm 30 and people are always shocked when I tell them.
Old 26th February 2018, 18:26

^I think I still have very young body language.

In my last job one of the kids told me I was just like a 'big kid' and specifically a '14 year old'

That really got to me, I still have the body language of a 14 year old. I'll bet someone very good at psychology could link the age I seem to be mentally stuck in, to the age where I was brutally bullied and stopped progressing in a normal way.
Old 27th February 2018, 12:51

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Yes. I look old and tired.

I've never forgotten the time in Sainsburys when I was minding my own business, packing my groceries and the checkout girl suddenly went "You look knackered!" - I mean, wtf I just laughed it off, but I couldn't stop thinking about it for ages - the thing was, I wasn't even feeling particularly tired at the time. The only conclusion I've been able to draw from this is that 'knackered' is just my general ambience.

i just hoped i could open your mind up to another possibility that maybe the checkout girl was just talking shit? ive worked checkouts and suffered a fair few out of body experiences as i watch myself say the most unbelievably stupid things to people, through a mixture of being catastrophically unsuitable for the job and also transcendentally bored.

i can kind of laugh now as i think back on how i would sometimes find myself making fun of someone's groceries in bizarre and highly detailed ways, yknow, to their face, as they were buying them from me
Old 27th February 2018, 14:18

Mood
Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
^I think I still have very young body language.

In my last job one of the kids told me I was just like a 'big kid' and specifically a '14 year old'

That really got to me, I still have the body language of a 14 year old. I'll bet someone very good at psychology could link the age I seem to be mentally stuck in, to the age where I was brutally bullied and stopped progressing in a normal way.
Yeah can't imagine that'd be great for your self esteem!

Not the nicest example but when I was at the funeral directors with my Mom arranging my Dad's funeral, the woman asked me if I had taken time off school.. I was 28! She told me I had a young manner about me.

Oh well, I'm sure you've had people tell you that you'll appreciate it when you're older, maybe we will within the next few decades lol
Old 27th February 2018, 16:09

In selfies I look like I've just stepped out a fountain of youth. Lolita eat your heart out. In real life shots, like a middle aged rat bag. It's hard not put ones entire modelling collection online or the wolves decend to cry catfish. Hard times. Yeah I look about my age- give or take a couple of years, either side, depending on the filter. Seriously though, those unexpected family shots can be quite ego crushing. I always knew my family didn't like me.
Old 27th February 2018, 21:53

I look a lot like I remember my mum looking when I was growing up. Which is not surprising I guess. I suppose that thing of women turning into their mothers is true in my case. But the body language does take a few years off.
Old 28th February 2018, 06:10

Mood
Relaxed

I've noticed over the last month or so, that I'm starting to get that older person skin, where it goes leather like with wrinkles, only just starting out, but clearly visible.
Old 28th February 2018, 09:47

^yeah, old skin is weird. I hit 40 & went from being smooth to suddenly having all these lines running down my chest (or décolletage as the French say) like a raggedy old sun worshiper, even though I've never sunbathed much)
Old 28th February 2018, 16:52

I have no idea! I don't think I want to know. Sometimes I get all worried that I look like I'm 50 and other times I worry that I look like Michael Jackson. It's a "What'll it be this week?" thing. Currently it's my eyebrows, which hasn't happened for a long time.
Old 28th February 2018, 18:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
^yeah, old skin is weird. I hit 40 & went from being smooth to suddenly having all these lines running down my chest (or décolletage as the French say) like a raggedy old sun worshiper, even though I've never sunbathed much)
I used to have those, but they went away when I lost weight.

I have grey hair, which I don't dye anymore, and I think that people I know probably think I have aged a lot in the last couple of years. I don't mind that though. My theory is that it is better to look younger close up than people may expect given the grey hair. Don't know if I do, but maybe.
Old 16th March 2018, 11:09

Mood
Crappy

Nope have been told i look 13 before. Meh im 30 today..
Old 15th May 2018, 22:01

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairytales
I'm 25 and look about 18 or younger. I don't think I've ever NOT been ID'ed for booze.
I know its technically a good thing, and I'll appreciate when I'm 40 etc etc... but it does make me feel like I'm often not taken seriously, especially at work.
Ha. I am now 29 and wish my post 4 years ago was still true!! I am now ID'ed nearly all the time
Old 15th May 2018, 22:44

I was looking for my previous post in this thread, I think it must have been deleted when I banned myself a while back! I'd always looked younger than my age, which was an advantage when travelling on buses and getting into football matches at child prices, but it seemed that once I hit 50, everything caught up with me (especially when I stopped shaving my head, allowed my hair to grow back and realised I was completely grey).

However, despite the fact that I think I look my age, people around me (those who don't already know that I'm 56) seem surprised when they learn that I'm not in my mid-40s and recently, when I was on a free walking tour in Bratislava, the guide was talking about the current President of Slovakia, who is 55; the whole group looked visibly shocked when I remarked that he is younger than me! Also, last year on a trip to London, I stayed at a hostel which has an upper age limit of 40 but they didn't query my age when I checked in (I'm not saying that they thought I was no older than 40, but it seems that they considered me to be within an allowable margin - when I left, they said it would be good to see me again); perhaps I don't look as old as I think I do when I look in a mirror (which isn't often, as I hate seeing my own reflection!).
Old 16th May 2018, 02:51

I get ID'd at EVERY bar where the staff don't know me. I'm nearly 30 but I apparently, according to door men must be lying about my age because I'm "definitely an 18 year old" lol.

Been refused in loads of places when I've forgotten my ID. It's really annoying.
Old 17th May 2018, 12:30

Mood
Blah

I have always looked younger than my age one boss I ha d in the past thought my husband was my dad,which is crazy as my husband is actually 3 years you get than me ***128512;. I think I look about 8 years younger than I am now.
Old 17th May 2018, 12:32

Mood
Blah

I used to get that too.Enjoy it while you can, I got asked for id in my 30s but now in my 40s and disappointed I don't get asked anymore ***55357;***56834;
Old 25th June 2018, 20:46

I think keeping the weight off is a massive factor in looking your age or younger, also how you dress.

Also if you're mature in the way you act, i find people will assume you're older too.

I think I look my age (30) or maybe a bit a younger :-) this is largely due to me dressing like someone in their twenties still and I can be a bit immature - people are always really surprised when they find out I have a 6 year old
Old 3rd July 2018, 09:50

Mood
Sad

I'm 60, look older but still get called ' young man' or ' good lad' on occasions.Strange!