SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th April 2020, 22:23

Mood
Nerdy

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Poor you Nanuq, you're doing all of the right things, I hope you feel better soon.
Old 11th April 2020, 12:51

Mood
Dreaming

A little stifled but ok. The humidity is bleh

I got called maud pie though which is cute as i share the following traits as the pony thing
Loner
Writes depressing poetry
Wants a pet rock
Old 11th April 2020, 16:28

@ Nanuq How are you feeling today? I hope things will start to improve for you soon as it sounds like you've been having a truly horrendous time of it

I've been feeling poorly for the past week. I haven't got a temperature or any of the well know symptoms of the virus but I have definitely got some sort of infection. Painful blocked sinuses, watery eyes, phlegm constantly stuck in the back of my throat, sore throat on one side only and today an upset stomach. I'm currently waiting for Amazon to deliver some anti mucus medicine. I would normally brush this all off as just the usual infection but of course these are not normal times. I was just reading about some ex footballer who sought out antibiotics for a minor infection, was by chance tested for Covid 19 which came back positive. Not everyone with the virus feels seriously ill - apparently some have no symptoms at all - so I'm starting to wonder if I should be continuing to go out once weekly for my essential shopping while feeling this way. I don't want to totally isolate myself and the rest of my household because I've got a little bit of an infection but the thought of spreading something to others that could result in something very serious is a tad worrying.

If only there was a simple way of testing for the virus at home
Old 12th April 2020, 08:51

Popped back for a bit to see how everyone is doing.
I don't really use this place much if at all now.
Old 12th April 2020, 09:40

^ How are you?
Old 12th April 2020, 22:05

Mood
Dreaming

Like a turtle going back inside its shell. Had a zoom thing but felt inept. Its all a pants awkward feeling. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.
Old 12th April 2020, 22:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglypuff
Like a turtle going back inside its shell. Had a zoom thing but felt inept. Its all a pants awkward feeling. I wouldnt wish it on anyone.
That's rough. I'm having a very similar thing. We had a zoom thing this evening, I used the excuse of getting my son to sleep but that was done relatively quickly and I could have joined in but hid on the 'safe' side of the laptop drinking and filling myself with self loathing.
Old 12th April 2020, 22:59

Mood
Tired

Depressed
Old 13th April 2020, 05:30

Mood
Fine

Spaced. I haven't been able to get my meds due to everything that's going on, nearly fell over getting out of bed
Old 13th April 2020, 11:20

Mood
Cynical

^ In most areas pharmacies have delivery services and a list of volunteers who will deliver meds to people who can't get out, maybe you could phone your pharmacy and find out if you can get your meds that way?
Old 13th April 2020, 16:18

@Nanuq are you feeling any better today?
Old 14th April 2020, 09:00

Mood
Fine

^^ It was a cock up at the surgery. For some reason the website said I needed to collect the prescribtion instead of it being delivered to the pharmacy, but they couldn't find it. All sorted now though

Doubt I'd qualify for delivery, I'm hoping to be volunteering myself once they've worked through the first 750k applicants
Old 14th April 2020, 10:31

Mood
Dreaming

Very kind of you odd
Old 14th April 2020, 16:00

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
^^ It was a cock up at the surgery. For some reason the website said I needed to collect the prescribtion instead of it being delivered to the pharmacy, but they couldn't find it. All sorted now though

Doubt I'd qualify for delivery, I'm hoping to be volunteering myself once they've worked through the first 750k applicants
Ah that's good, you don't want to be falling over without your meds!

That's good of you, my Mum has volunteered and is delivering shopping and prescriptions to a few people in her area who have to completely isolate. Good thing so many people have volunteered to help!
Old 14th April 2020, 17:33

Mood
Alienated

^ that’s a really great thing of your mum to do Dougella! (Although hope she is keeping safe!)

——

I’m feeling quite overwhelmed, as I’m sure many are. Often I can take my anxious thoughts and rationalise them and feel better. Not always, but often. Now however I’m struggling to stop the anxious thoughts. I’m worried someone I know could die from this, and deeply worried about my future.
Old 14th April 2020, 17:58

Mood
Cynical

^Thanks, because she works in education she already has the criminal records checks done so I guess she's seen as already a trustworthy person. I have been worried about her though! She says it's nice to have something to do while she's off work and feels like she's helping in some way.

I think a lot of people are suffering from anxiety at the moment, even those who don't usually, understandably. All we can really do is take precautions and just go day by day and deal with what's happening right now. I am finding distractions like TV shows and music helpful though, to forget for a moment what's happening.
Old 14th April 2020, 18:32

Mood
Tired

A weird sort of anxiety that's really hard to explain so I won't try lol
Old 14th April 2020, 22:29

Mood
Lonely

^ same add depression with that.
Old 15th April 2020, 10:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbs16
^ How are you?
Well enough thank you Newbs. How are you doing?
Old 15th April 2020, 12:28

Ugggghhhh... I agreed to do a Skype BBQ thing with the fella and some of his close friends, which I wasn't especially keen on given that I don't really know them and they've been a close group for years, I won't be able to BBQ myself here and I just feel a bit of a dick participating in stuff like that from a room by myself. I assumed it would be from around 7 until 10ish but just found out we'll be starting at 4pm.

Kill me now.
Old 15th April 2020, 16:42

Struggling a bit at the moment. Feel like I need to constantly keep my mind occupied on something other than myself, but often the will or the energy or the interest isn't there, and then I immediately drift into despair. I can't do anything but get back into bed and lie there wishing I was dead, until hopefully at least I can drift off to sleep for a couple of hours.
Old 16th April 2020, 09:53

^ I know that feeling. Hope you feel brighter, Merritt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Ugggghhhh... I agreed to do a Skype BBQ thing with the fella and some of his close friends, which I wasn't especially keen on given that I don't really know them and they've been a close group for years, I won't be able to BBQ myself here and I just feel a bit of a dick participating in stuff like that from a room by myself. I assumed it would be from around 7 until 10ish but just found out we'll be starting at 4pm.

Kill me now.
So I did it and it was absolutely fine - I even had fun (!?). Lesson learnt: stop overthinking.
Old 17th April 2020, 16:47

Mood
Breezy

^Forgot to eat. I don't think that's ever happened to me in my entire life.
Old 17th April 2020, 16:57

Mood
Breezy

Getting low again. Distractions not working.
Old 17th April 2020, 17:12

Ugh...awful. My mother fell this morning while walking the dog and broke a bone near her pelvis. She was in agony and is now on a hospital ward. It’s hard to think of someone you love frightened and in pain. The ambulance took her away at lunchtime. I know what’s she’s like - it won’t be herself she’s worried about but me and my sister. Sometimes, I wish she was harder and more selfish. Meanwhile, my sister’s husband has the coronavirus (from nursing a patient), so she is having to isolate from him within the house. She’s very close to my mum, and this has really upset her, but neither of us can visit.
Old 17th April 2020, 17:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
Oh no, what a horrible set of circumstances

I hope your mum is comfortable and will be able to come home soon. Wishing her and your brother-in-law a speedy recovery x
Thanks. I just spoke to her on the phone. It’s horrible to hear that frightened little voice at the other end. God knows how people are coping with loved ones who have cancer
Old 17th April 2020, 17:35

Hopefully they will let her go home tomorrow or Sunday. She is in terrible pain, and I think she is also dosed up on some kind of painkiller, so her voice was a bit muddled It’s so horrible watching your parents get old and frail. Unbearable.
Old 17th April 2020, 18:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
Glad to hear that she will be home sooner rather than later, she's lucky to have you to worry about her
Thanks Nanuq Now I have the additional fear that she’s going to catch the damn virus while she’s there. Ugghh
Old 17th April 2020, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moksha
Ugh...awful. My mother fell this morning while walking the dog and broke a bone near her pelvis. She was in agony and is now on a hospital ward. It’s hard to think of someone you love frightened and in pain. The ambulance took her away at lunchtime. I know what’s she’s like - it won’t be herself she’s worried about but me and my sister. Sometimes, I wish she was harder and more selfish. Meanwhile, my sister’s husband has the coronavirus (from nursing a patient), so she is having to isolate from him within the house. She’s very close to my mum, and this has really upset her, but neither of us can visit.

Oh no, your poor mum
It's never a good time for an older person to suffer a broken bone but not being able to visit them because of the virus makes it all the more stressful for loved ones. I'm so glad that she may be back home with you tomorrow as, under the current circumstances, I think she will be safer recovering at home than in hospital! I'm wishing your mum and your brother-in-law a speedy recovery

@ Nanuq - I'm glad to see that you are feeling up to posting.
I do worry when forum members go quiet especially now when everyone is having such an incredibly tough time physically and mentally because of the dreaded virus

Feeling quite bleak about the future at the moment.

My elderly mum had to come out of isolation yesterday so she could have a blood test at the hospital to check if the cancer has progressed. Anyone would think I was taking her on holiday, bless her, as I drove her to the hospital. Being stuck indoors with only your thoughts for company can be soul destroying as many of us here well know. If my mum escapes catching the virus the cancer will eventually get her - perhaps sooner rather than later - as chemotherapy has been cancelled for the foreseeable future. I had at least hoped, before the pandemic, that we'd be able to do a few nice things together before her health totally deteriorated but I feel that the virus has snatched that opportunity away from us. Still, I shouldn't complain when thousands of people are losing loved ones so suddenly and well before their time.

Keep hoping this time is all a bad dream and that I'll wake up to find that everything is as it was this time last year
Old 17th April 2020, 18:45

^^ I'm really sorry to hear that your mum had a fall and has broken a bone near her pelvis, do you know what treatment they are planning to do.

Hopefully your mum will be away from others and safe and cared for well in hospital.

Take care, wishing you and your mum all the best.