atomic kitten needs vet

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7684017.stm
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:46

Mood
Notamused

Default Re: ooh dear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloaca
Are you drunk? you're slurring your words.
Old 23rd October 2008, 14:58

Mood
Sneaky

she sounds to me like she's had a stroke!

presumably she hasn't though.
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:42

Mood
Notamused

Looked as drunk as a skank to me, possibly it could be radiation sickness though...
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:51

It could well be that the antipsychotic medication she takes was responsible for her slurred speech. Shocking, eh?
Old 23rd October 2008, 15:51

I saw the interview on TV yesterday morning and it was shocking stuff. She arrived at the studio just as the show was going on air, and she was the opening guest. So she went on air without the presenters actually knowing what state she was in. I think it was a shock to them when they started talking and she was slurring her words and looking totally sloshed. She put it down to medication, but who knows the truth?

I've no idea what the truth is, but it was terrible interview for her. she came over really badly, and surely one of her entourage should have stepped in before she went on air. They/she left her wide open to media scrutiny and very negative press.

I don't particularly like the woman, but it was painful watching her die a death on screen. She looks like she needs help, and maybe better management around her.
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:22

Mood
Spooky

Media attention and numerous stories in the chav mags are what she lives on.

Christmas has come early in the Katona household.
Old 23rd October 2008, 16:56

^
^
I know what you mean. And I doubt this episode can damage her career further because going by all accounts her life/career has been pretty much in tatters of late anyway. However, what this will do to her already fragile mental health is another matter. She's hot news again, well for a week or two, so maybe no publicity is bad publicity. But at what eventual cost I wonder?
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:01

Mood
Apelike

I can't believe they let her do the interview in that state - what were they thinking?
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:08

Mood
Notamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey
I can't believe they let her do the interview in that state - what were they thinking?
A litle bit of controversy is a good thing I suspect.
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Monkey
The interviewers didn't know she was in that state initially, because Katona was late arriving and only just made it as the show was going to air. She was first on in the schedule so they went straight into interviewing her. Her partner was with her though, so who knows what he and anyone else who was with her were thinking in not taking her to one side and advising her to cancel or go on later when she had got herself together.

The interviewers stated today that had they known the state she was in they'd never have let her go on air. They'd have checked out what was wrong then put her on the show later in the morning if everything was ok with her.

Katona seemed oblivious to her slurring until it was pointed out, so maybe it was her entourage or partner who should have advised her far better.

Mind you, both Katona and This Morning have gained massive publicity through all this.
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:13

Mood
Notamused

She's no Oliver Reed that's for sure.

Old 23rd October 2008, 18:14
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

She's clearly not at all well and hasn't been for years. Over the past few years she's been in and out of The Priory at least five times.

Not a very happy soul and I don't think she ever will be, sadly. Painful viewing.

I wonder how the eldest two girls cope with remarks made at school about Mummy?
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:55

Mood
Apelike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malecon
The interviewers didn't know she was in that state initially, because Katona was late arriving and only just made it as the show was going to air. She was first on in the schedule so they went straight into interviewing her. Her partner was with her though, so who knows what he and anyone else who was with her were thinking in not taking her to one side and advising her to cancel or go on later when she had got herself together.

The interviewers stated today that had they known the state she was in they'd never have let her go on air. They'd have checked out what was wrong then put her on the show later in the morning if everything was ok with her.
I didn't realise that she had arrived just before she went on air. Still, as you say, you'd have thought that her husband might have pointed out to her that it was a bad idea to do the interview in the state she was in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malecon
Mind you, both Katona and This Morning have gained massive publicity through all this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepford
A litle bit of controversy is a good thing I suspect.
I guess that's the reason nobody stopped her. She doesn't really have a career any more (other than making crap adverts for Iceland) so I guess she needs to get publicity somehow. It'll probably be a nice little earner for her when the "Kerry Katona - My Interview Hell" articles appear in the chav mags next week :rolleyes:
Old 23rd October 2008, 18:56

Mood
Cool

If what i've heard about her is true i can't say i have a lot of sympathy. :rolleyes:
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:06

Mood
Notamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet bloke with quiet cows
Indeedy, the mags are like pigs in shit when this stuff happens.
Does anyone here buy these crappy mags ? Own up so we can hurl abuse at you
Hold on, aren't we writing about this, is it so much different? Mags only put in what sells...
Old 23rd October 2008, 19:29

Mood
Notamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet bloke with quiet cows
Yes, but only in a superior intellectual way
Old 24th October 2008, 11:59

Mood
Sad

I read Heat magazine! *waits for abuse to be hurled*

Although in my defence, I think it's the best of the crap gossip mags. I can't stand ones like Hello and OK that take themselves so seriously.

Speaking of which...has anyone seen that advert for one of these mags on TV where the front cover is "Jordan wants to be put to sleep"...wtf? :S Does she mean put down like an animal? (Let's hope so...)
Old 24th October 2008, 20:00

Mood
Apelike

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmedown
I read Heat magazine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmedown
Does she mean put down like an animal?
We can but hope.
Old 24th October 2008, 22:20

I can't say I view her with sympathy mainly because I don't know her, but why are the media so quick to deride her and make her this weeks celebrity in the stocks? yeah ok I know, it sells, it makes money, it gives us a laugh?

It's not the fact she appeared drunk or drugged on tv that disgusts me, its the perverted joy of the media who revel in her downfall. Am I the only lone soul who thinks the media in this country, and I suppose I mean the tabloid press though more media seem to follow that route, has reached a base level.
Old 24th October 2008, 22:36

Philip Scofield was very direct about laying the blame with her husband/agent/whoever took her to the studio, but I think they should have brought the interview to a close much earlier (like Wogan did with Bestie and Ollie). Of course the production team didn't end it because they knew they were onto gold dust...
Old 24th October 2008, 22:50

thats what I dislike - gold dust has become misfortune and exploitation and unhappiness combined when once it was a highly sought-after commodity reflecting beauty and often craftsmanship.
Old 24th October 2008, 23:01

It was surreal, but does it really deserve so much publicity? I mean, seeing it plastered all over YouTube (YouTube being a global website) and on online news, I was expecting something amazing, like Kerry vomiting on Phillip Schofield's face, or something, but no, I was faced with a - probably drunk - Kerry Katona, slurring her speech and being a bit arsey.

Yawn.
Closed Thread