SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th April 2020, 01:18

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

^ Quite. Seeing the party that's ravaged public services for so long now declare their love for the NHS certainly sticks in the craw. After waging an insidious campaign of budget cuts and backdoor privatisation for years.

Boris will be an interesting case. We shall see.
Old 14th April 2020, 10:43

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
I wonder if he'll ever again be clapping and cheering after successfully voting to maintain the 1% pay rise cap for NHS staff like he did a couple of years ago.
The NHS related vote will be interesting for sure.
Old 15th April 2020, 21:09

Old 16th April 2020, 00:17

Whether to trim my beard or let it grow wild until the end of lockdown
Old 16th April 2020, 00:30

Go crazy and shave just one side.
Old 16th April 2020, 08:06

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Can't believe I got sunburnt today. Only a complete idiot gets sunburn as an adult. Guess you learn something new about yourself each day in lockdown ha. I also badly burnt three of my fingers by touching a metal dish that is just taken out of the oven. Dunno where my head is!
As a 25 year old male who barely left the house I managed to acquire heatstroke at my old job (we did some event in a park)

I had a nurse coming out to me and everything I was a bit of a state, now that was embarrassing and totally my own stupid fault, sunburn doesnt rank that far up on the idiot list
Old 17th April 2020, 21:07

Right, let's go do a shop, get some booze in ready for tomoz. Really can't be bothered though.
Old 18th April 2020, 22:19

Whether to do the dishes ... whilst drinking.

Should i just do away with myself now?
Old 19th April 2020, 06:13

^ You mention attachment issues, do you mean you get attached to people quickly and feel upset if then don't reply, or communicate with you as much as you feel they should.

With your cousin, you haven't been in contact for long, it wouldn't appear that you have been very close in the past, so it's understandable that she doesn't always reply to your messages, also she may be busy or has forgotten to reply, I doubt that it's anything personal to you, or you have done anything wrong.

Also what does your therapist mean by not checking people out to see what they have done?

Maybe you could ask to see a therapist on the NHS, I don't see any harm in this and you may benefit from this and it won't cost anything. I think you can self refer yourself and they will call you to discuss your issues and let you know if further support can be provided. I would probably do this now so you are on the list for when things go back to normal.
Old 19th April 2020, 12:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Whether to do the dishes ... whilst drinking.

Should i just do away with myself now?
I smashed a glass

One of my favs as well (a half pint goblet)
Old 19th April 2020, 12:38

Wish I could handle criticism better. Was walking home from food shopping earlier and this guy, who was walking in the opposite direction, had a go at me for not social distancing. I asked him what he meant, and he pointed out I should have crossed the road as I saw him coming, but in a really patronising way. Then he swore at me. I just kind of walked off. Such an insignificant, non-event, but I haven't been able to stop replaying it and taking his criticism personally.
Old 19th April 2020, 13:03

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam
Wish I could handle criticism better. Was walking home from food shopping earlier and this guy, who was walking in the opposite direction, had a go at me for not social distancing. I asked him what he meant, and he pointed out I should have crossed the road as I saw him coming, but in a really patronising way. Then he swore at me. I just kind of walked off. Such an insignificant, non-event, but I haven't been able to stop replaying it and taking his criticism personally.
To be honest he sounds like a [lounge-acceptable insult]. Also, couldn’t he have crossed the road?

But I totally understand your point about taking criticism. It takes me a while to stop replaying it (and some things have stuck in my head too). It’s probably best to tell yourself that you know you didn’t intend to do something wrong, so aggressive people like that should be ignored. Easier said than done I know!
Old 19th April 2020, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks
To be honest he sounds like a [lounge-acceptable insult]. Also, couldn’t he have crossed the road?

But I totally understand your point about taking criticism. It takes me a while to stop replaying it (and some things have stuck in my head too). It’s probably best to tell yourself that you know you didn’t intend to do something wrong, so aggressive people like that should be ignored. Easier said than done I know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
^My thoughts exactly, Aleks, Why didn't he just cross the road instead?
Also, why spend time telling someone off? If he was genuinely concerned about social distancing he would have held his breath and moved out of the way as quickly as he could, not spend time opening his big mouth to complain. Silly man.
Thanks for the response guys. Yeah I had all these questions in my head after, like why was he assuming I should have crossed the road, would he have said that if it were someone else walking, like an elderly lady. 99% of the population could easily brush these things off and forget about, not me unfortunately.
Old 20th April 2020, 19:54
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Nigella Lawson is incredibly seductive when she's cooking.
Old 20th April 2020, 19:56

Mood
Lonely

^ she is, I love her innuendos
Old 21st April 2020, 01:43

^ I agree with all of that. The next time the guy treats a random stranger like that he (hopefully!) won't be as lucky as he was with Jam.

@ Jam - Try not to let what happened with that guy bring you down (easier said than done I know). As everyone else said, he behaved badly and if he was so damn concerned about catching the virus then he should have crossed the road!

Thinking and wishing I lived somewhere nice where I had lovely walks right on my doorstep. I'm so jealous of all those people on Instagram who keep posting photos of their beautiful homes in beautiful countryside settings. When all of this is over, I'm going to move somewhere like that. Yeah right
Old 21st April 2020, 08:27

Mood
Fine

What you should've done Jam is...

I'd be the same, going over it in my head for at least a month
Old 21st April 2020, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
This dude doesn't know anything about you, so don't take it personally. You seem like a stand up dude to me.

This guy is a one-off prick. I have been food shopping many times, and walked past people. No one said nothing. The likely hood of you getting corona from walking past someone is virtually zero, unless they start coughing all over you.

If this guy was genuine, he could've spoken to you In a polite tone. So that shows you all you need to know about his character.

Eventually he'll say it to the wrong person, and get battered. Take comfort in that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Consolida
^ I agree with all of that. The next time the guy treats a random stranger like that he (hopefully!) won't be as lucky as he was with Jam.

@ Jam - Try not to let what happened with that guy bring you down (easier said than done I know). As everyone else said, he behaved badly and if he was so damn concerned about catching the virus then he should have crossed the road!

Thinking and wishing I lived somewhere nice where I had lovely walks right on my doorstep. I'm so jealous of all those people on Instagram who keep posting photos of their beautiful homes in beautiful countryside settings. When all of this is over, I'm going to move somewhere like that. Yeah right
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddity
What you should've done Jam is...

I'd be the same, going over it in my head for at least a month
Thank you guys, I really appreciate your words. You're all so kind.
Old 21st April 2020, 13:50

^ Why was the onus on you to cross? Why couldn't he? Sounds like a capital T-wat.

He was probably jealous of that god chin or something. It makes me want to heckle you in the street, among *other things.

*many

Edit: as in many other things make me want to heckle you. Fault of style I'm obviously far too busy to correct. Not intended as any more of a come on than usual.
Old 21st April 2020, 15:56
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hmm.. well just got off the phone from the pathfinder CPN. We did a kind of care plan, not that I need care but more in the form of What's important to me, what support needs etc.. The aim is to try and see if I can see a Psychologist, though another option is for perhaps a psychology intern to go through all my notes and review everything and come up with a formulae? which would then be reviewed by a consultant. Of course none of this may happen as they may reject me. Was good chatting with her though, although I won't be seeing her regularly as I don't have any need to she has said I can ring her/txt her at present if I need to. So fingers crossed I might - might - get an actual diagnosis beyond my rushed one 10? years ago. You never know....
And if so I might by a miracle actually get some appropriate (non CBT) help.
Though I'm not pinning my hopes at this point I have to say.
Old 22nd April 2020, 20:05
Banned

I just bought half tank petrol at £1.06p/litre. I can't use most of it, but hey...
Old 23rd April 2020, 12:38

Mood
Dreaming

Incoming boring thing but i thought everyone turned their pillowcases inside out and put them on their pillows, the amount of people that just stuff them in is surprising
Old 23rd April 2020, 17:24

Mood
Lonely

Fresh bedding is the best feeling ever!!....I however didn't know about the turning of them inside out and I have been reminded now that I need to buy some new pillows, as mine are flat as pancakes and are probably the reason my neck hurts so much.

I'm thinking are ice cream vans meant to be out and about?
Old 23rd April 2020, 17:37

Yeah, the turning pillow inside out thing sounds odd... how does that even work? Do you roll them on like a condom? It sounds like more effort than putting them on like a sock.
Old 24th April 2020, 11:52

Mood
Dreaming

you need to go 40 seconds in but yeah i guess it is a dull condom method. i like it though as i shake my pillows to give them a good plumping whilst i'm doing it.
fresh linen is the best, i always want to curl up or stretch out in it.

happy i've learnt how to do the youtube thing but its a bit of a faff with removing from before and after the equals symbols. cant be fussed ha
Old 24th April 2020, 11:59

Thanks - makes some sense. "How easy and simple is that?" Still seems like it would be easier and simpler to put it on the regular way - she only got a third of it on before just pulling it up like the normal method.
Old 24th April 2020, 15:57

Nah I'm not convinced.
No matter how plump, pillows should always go straight in the regular way, missionary if you will - much easier.

The inside out corners I've seen being done a lot for duvets, even that one is not my preferred way, but it does work
Old 24th April 2020, 18:16

Got up today and saw that a cat (I assume. Could have been an eagle or a pig) left a dead pigeon outside my back door. Should I be annoyed or flattered? I sometimes have a staring contest from my kitchen window with a local ginger tabby, maybe they thought I need a bit of meat on my bones.
Old 25th April 2020, 00:20

^ yeah, the fact that I'm still not really missing work at all is just a bit concerning. I'm basically not missing the people either - they're a nice enough bunch, but the grief and hours of being a manager outweighs it. At least you're missing the people. It'll be to be able to see them again, whenever that is.

----

I'm thinking about an explanation of the fundamental idea of calculus I read earlier: transforming something to infinity, then breaking this infinite range down into an infinitesimally small part, then focussing on this part instead. wtf.
Old 25th April 2020, 00:30
Banned at own request

Brighton is a weird place.