SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 25th September 2019, 16:59

Default What to do

Honestly I am struggling.

I just don't know what to do.

Waiting for a phone call or letter to go and see a psychiatrist after being referred from my GP.

I've also just signed up for a social anxiety meet up group and am waiting for
a response from the organiser to register me before I can access the group
properly and put myself down to attend meetup events.

Whilst I'm waiting for these things I'm just sat at home feeling depressed,
anxious, unable to concentrate.

All I do is sleep and browse the internet.

I just want somebody to talk to about my problems. I want something to happen. I don't know what to do. I want to meet up with one of you guys in real life. Have a chat about things, listen to your issues, have some one to listen to mine. I'm so alone. Just to get out the house and have a drink and chat with somebody with similar problems that I can be comfortable with.

Just stuck inside the house ruminating and feeling isolated, lethargic and pointless.
Old 25th September 2019, 17:07

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: What to do

You could try looking in the meet up or pen pals sections to see if there's anyone or any groups in your area? Or even start your own thread if you don't find anything, you may well get some responses.
Old 25th September 2019, 17:13

Hi, I'm usually quite busy in the day, but I wouldn't mind if you sent me a PM, if you feel it would help. I don't know if I could be of much help tbh -- it does feel awkward -- but I don't like these feelings and I'm sure there are others out there who would feel the same.

It sounds like you need to sort out your mental health issues also, and then maybe talk about your interests and hobbies or use humour, those are the things that have led to friendship in my past -- and my strongest relationships so far. I'm really not someone to learn from in this regard however.
Old 25th September 2019, 17:57

Mel's right, change usually takes time and many things only roll forward slowly. But you have started the wheels rolling, and that's great.

Some other good suggestions in this thread. Take care.