SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th July 2014, 00:38

Default Re: Random Questions (3)

^ Spud, that's it! I always knew you weren't just a pretty potato face. Hadn't even thought it could be foxes.

^^ No, Jz. I specifically said outside my window. Though to be fair, we do have some decking in the garden which really should have caught something underneath it by now.

And no definitely not a dog. My sister's staying at her boyfriend's tonight...
Old 12th July 2014, 00:48

^ What does the fox say...?
Old 12th July 2014, 00:49

^^ Aha! See, i'm a man of nature, of substance ... vitality..

I'm also watching 'The Ultimate Girls Fail Compilation 2012', which i spotted in the side list thing I was reaching for the tissues to begin with (you know, just in case .. it's possible!) and then realised, every other clip looks as if the girl really hurt herself :/

.. I'll ignore the potato face remark
Old 12th July 2014, 03:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Can someone please tell me what creature it is that makes this noise outside my window often around this time of night?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0IXNHCzjJLA

I've not even messed about with the sound in that recording. I'm in my room, sat on my bed and that's how loud it is from here. The reason I ask is so I can determine which exterminator/poision/size hoover nozzle/incantation/Michael Buble song I need to get rid of it.
I reckon that is Jam, who is stalking you.
Old 12th July 2014, 09:15

^ I wish. I'd bloody stalk him right back. If you hear of a fella from the south being mauled by a fox, you'll know that my curiosity and jamlove got the better of me and that you're the one responsible. I hope you'll be able to sleep at day.

^^ I'd never have doubted you to be such a personage. I don't really understand that tissue remark and therefore will also ignore it.
Old 12th July 2014, 11:17

^

...?
Old 12th July 2014, 15:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
^ I wish. I'd bloody stalk him right back. If you hear of a fella from the south being mauled by a fox, you'll know that my curiosity and jamlove got the better of me and that you're the one responsible. I hope you'll be able to sleep at day.
Old 15th July 2014, 18:02

Do lips have taste buds? just ate something spicy and my lips are on fire so im guessing they must do at least of sorts, also if they do are they covered in the various types of taste buds eg. sweet, sour etc or just one type?
Old 15th July 2014, 20:55

I don't think it's anything to do with taste, but just because capsaicin (the chemical in chilli peppers that makes them spicy) is an irritant. Try rubbing it into your eyes and genitals.
Old 15th July 2014, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnathemA
I don't think it's anything to do with taste, but just because capsaicin (the chemical in chilli peppers that makes them spicy) is an irritant. Try rubbing it into your eyes and genitals.
That sir is a good point, i think ill refrain from rubbing chilli on my genitals or my eyes though .
Old 15th July 2014, 21:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason90
That sir is a good point, i think ill refrain from rubbing chilli on my genitals or my eyes though .
Then you're really missing out on all the fun
Old 20th July 2014, 00:06

Mood
Alienated

On panel shows, I often see panellists writing things down. What do they actually need to write down? I often think they are just ticking off their planned scripted jokes
Old 20th July 2014, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telex
On panel shows, I often see panellists writing things down. What do they actually need to write down? I often think they are just ticking off their planned scripted jokes
Or doing their shopping lists?
Old 21st July 2014, 09:24
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shrek
anyone know how to unblock a website on windows 8?
why is it blocked? Has your isp blocked it?
Old 23rd July 2014, 18:35

Think one of our tropical fishes have dropsy... can i possibly take it someplace to hospitalise it properly because Dad's talking about taking it out to seperate it from the others and i think what he means by that is to flush it down the loo

We haven't got another tank, otherwise i could of setup a recovery/death-bed home for him/her.

****ing sucks cos he's little buddy seems a sad, i've been used to seeing them swimming side by side. I did think perhaps it's pregnant but .. i don't think that's the case
Old 24th July 2014, 22:28

^ I've just had to fetch that same fish out of the tank - looked over and found him/her keeled over

Feel a bit shit and wish i had acted faster rather than sit on my hands. Tis a learning curve i suppose - i've never cared for fish before, so i guess i'll be more alert next time to something gone awry.

Got a feeling there's a dominant/bully fish in there and have recently bought some stone 'caves' for them to hide in or for the bully/doms to make their own territory as the tank is almost completely open.
Old 24th July 2014, 22:33

some fish are definitely more aggressive than others. I think angel fish and sharkies are aggressive fish. My brother has like 4 large aquariums going so I know a bit about it. If you have aggressive species of fish I think the only solution is to separate them otherwise they will literally harass the non-aggressive ones to death.
Old 24th July 2014, 22:53

Set your brother up an account here so i can talk to him

I don't even think that it depends on the species sometimes. Can't a fish of any type, once it has established itself as the dominant character of the tank, start becoming a bit bullying?

There's a boisterous female in there who has a male admirer constantly following her about the whole time - they've spawned a .. school(?) of babies recently, but i think she's been marking the tank as her territory for quite sometime.

Also, what with the weather being hotter, there's been an outbreak of algae appear about the show, which, incidentally, coincided with the infection of the deceased fish. I've been cleaning the filter regularly now, so hopefully that will correct itself sooner or later. I bought one of those magnet 'wipes' and i've been cleaning any fresh spores(?) of algae every other day. Gonna get some Plec's soon too to gobble up the shite..
Old 24th July 2014, 23:05

haha he would probably be able to talk all day about his fish and his girlfriend is much the same too. She wanted to setup some live camera feeds on the tanks and broadcast them across the internet. I guess she loves them that much lol

No there are definitely aggressive species I know that for sure. Sharkies are the worst. There are other fish that aren't aggressive and will live in peace with other species.

When they are mating it's a good idea to separate them. My brother has special breeding tanks so as to protect the babies when they are born. I suppose it stops other species from eating them or eating the eggs.

You can get special fish that keep the tank clean. I think they are catfish like ones that spend most of their time hoovering the glass. You might want to look at what lighting you use also as that might cause algae if it's the wrong type.
Old 24th July 2014, 23:25

Loving the enthusiasm. It's good to know that there are some knowledgeable pet owners out there. My parents.. we won't even go there :/

I'm with you on the aggressive species thing but i thought that some fish have their own instincts/their own personalities.. probably talking shite and it's just a broody female kicking some ass

I'm gonna get some plecs within the next few days. They're the ones that'll clear some of the crap. As for the lighting: there is no lighting.
Old 24th July 2014, 23:39

Yes they probably do have their own individual traits. Ghost knife fish or whatever they are are very timid and like to hide away in caves and poking their heads out every so often. So I think the plant material and terrain you put in the tank does have an effect on bringing out the personalities of individual fish.

Yes plecs that's what they are
Old 25th July 2014, 00:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Loving the enthusiasm. It's good to know that there are some knowledgeable pet owners out there. My parents.. we won't even go there :/

I'm with you on the aggressive species thing but i thought that some fish have their own instincts/their own personalities.. probably talking shite and it's just a broody female kicking some ass

I'm gonna get some plecs within the next few days. They're the ones that'll clear some of the crap. As for the lighting: there is no lighting.
Have you got any of those neon ones? I like those.
Old 25th July 2014, 00:36

You only like them because they look like sweets

But, no, i haven't. (These ones, right?)
Old 25th July 2014, 00:52

Quote:
You only like them because they look like sweets

Quote:
But, no, i haven't. (These ones, right?)
Aye, that be them.
Old 27th July 2014, 03:17

Completely and utterly random question (well that is why the thread is called Random Questions!) - Has anyone got a twin brother or sister here?

I've always wondered what it must be like to have a twin and must say I always wish I had one, imagining how close a relationship twins must have (no GoT jokes though please )
Old 27th July 2014, 09:20

^ No I haven't, but I think it would be very Tywin with all the love making and everything.
Old 5th August 2014, 19:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
Are wifi range extenders any good?
Yeah I've got one and it works really well. It doubles the range.
Old 5th August 2014, 20:20

I'm on BT and it works fine. I know hardly anything about these things though so I don't know if it applies to everything.
Old 5th August 2014, 20:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
The wifi where I'm living is appalling. I think I'm going to have to invest. Do the universal ones truly work for all, or is it a lie and they won't work for BT or SKY?
Get a powerline kit, much better than a range extender.
Old 5th August 2014, 20:36

^ They're pretty simple. Plug one part into the router and a power socket. Plug the other part into a power socket in your room and you'll have a good connection all the tine