SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 21st April 2017, 10:06

Mood
Mellow

Default Summer Gardening

Thought I'd start off a thread on the above topic.

Started cutting the grass again two weeks ago and again today so it doesn't grow into a sheep grazing field by end summer....

Bought slug repellent to find its not suitable for children...or pets. That means a trip out to the flower shop to source appropriate repellent.

Post ur gardening woes/successes here.
Old 21st April 2017, 17:33

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: Summer Gardening

thats nice. someones uplifted my garden rubbish. either its a local gardener or a nbor taking the piss. whatever. i know i didnt phone Eco Collect this week to have them uplift it again. I was going to do it the following week. what is it with this town that folk take joy in making people think they've lost the plot. i presume it was Thurs when I was away from the house most of the day. I've saved £5 so I suppose I shouldnt grumble...!
Old 21st April 2017, 21:22

Mood
Mellow

^ slug repellent from amazon child/pet friendly.

MK - what about starting to grow things in window boxes/indoors to start off small?
Old 21st April 2017, 22:29

Mood
Pensive

I have seen slug repellant in wilkos that's OK for kids and pets.
Old 2nd May 2017, 13:19

Mood
Tired

I find gardening quite a challenge at times, from an SA point of view,
I really wish I had a more enclosed garden, but it's very exposed with low fences and neighbours able to see directly into the garden, with a local footpath going straight past it too,
recently I managed to dig out and concrete in a new clothes airer-dryer, I took time off work to do it, knowing my neighbours wouldn't be around to comment etc.
even then, I was panicky about it and rushed into it without thinking and put it in the wrong place and then had to redo it all and buy another ground spike.
but I still haven't had the necessary courage to go out and put it into the ground and hang clothes on it,.
wtf is wrong with me?

I really need to cut my hedge as the neighbours side is millimetre perfect and my side is like a jimi Hendrix bad hair day, but I can't quite bring myself to go out there and stand and do it,..
wtf is wrong with me?

my garden has tons of weeds needing cut out or pulled out and cleaned up, but I can't quite find the backbone to go out in full view of all these neighbours and start weeding all around the paths and driveways etc.
wtf is wrong with me?

why do I hate being seen?