SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th June 2023, 10:24

Default Feelng happy with my age

I used to hate the idea of getting older. I pass for younger and look younger (Im 48) but now Im very accepting of the aging process. I take life as it comes. I dont think age matters. We will all get older. I find that people seem to sense my comfort and my interactions are much more natural.
I compare myself in the sense of that I never got married and yet think I would have made a loyal companion.
As you get older you get more perspective on life and so let us not worry about age. Health is important and leading a good life!
Old 8th June 2023, 05:22

Default Re: Feelng happy with my age

I'm basically the same age, and I can't lie the ability to have an extra 20 years (potentially) ahead of me, that level of energy again and yeah maybe look a bit younger definitely appeals if anyone has a magic wand and is offering . However overall I try and celebrate aging and be grateful- it's a privilege not a right, and actually feels sometimes like an accomplishment. Still here, still hanging on
Old 8th June 2023, 19:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I feel happier in the sense that I feel I can be more me as i've gotten older.
But mostly it's a depression that hangs over me regarding my age as I haven't achieved anything. I have a (very part time job) that I don't like and am unsuited for and rubbish at mostly. Certainly have no thoughts of progessing with it or taking more hours on. And I can't persue what I would like to do. I have somewhere to live but not a home. And I have no family.
So I look at my 44 years and thing yeah waste of time really. And theres no chance at 44 of turning any of it around.

(sorry for the doom and gloom post! )
Old 8th June 2023, 19:31

^Hell yeah, we've seen some sh*t and are still here to tell the tale, how lucky are we?? Any wrinkles or crinkles or grey hairs are like battle scars. Like you say physically (both fitness-wise and aesthetically) I'd love to be 25 again, but only if I could keep all the stuff I've learned, who I am as a person now. I'm honestly starting to hate the phrase anti-aging on stuff, even tho ofc my own vanity means I'll still slather it on. Why can't we be pro-aging though?
Old 8th June 2023, 19:45

Mood
Lurking

I'm now 55 and still haven't achieved anything, and now am just ticking by till I retire in 12 years time or sooner. I looked at retiring now, but I would lose 60% of my workplace pension because I am retiring 12 years before my retirement age of 67. When they crunched the figures they would give me about £7.5k a year until I die. So I have no option but to continue working in a job I don't like and didn't want. It was this or redundancy 12 years ago.

I wish I had had the go in me in my younger days to have tried and achieved some of the things I really wanted to do. But now anxiety keeps me trapped in a relatively safe job, because I just couldn't cope with the whole changing jobs thing.

It would be nice to have a a significant other, but that will never happen now. Growing old and lonely seems to beckon.
Old 8th June 2023, 20:59

I had a good job but now cant work due to my illness so work from home. I feel sad sometimes as I miss my work colleagues and am in bed most of the time. So I did have a good life when I younger and wonder whether I can get out again. I hope so. Each day I try to walk a little more and feel like Im getting there!
Old 9th June 2023, 22:25

This thread sent me on a Sondheim spiral, because it made me think of the song, I'm Still Here.

I don't really feel this, because I haven't really lived, or achieved anything tangible. I still could, but I'm unmotivated again. Even low-achieving women often have children, but I always associated them with having to achieve stuff first in my particular case, and anyway I went off the idea big time. However I would not physically want to be 25, but that's because of my own particular issues, and mentally, no way, that 24 to 25 span was the worst time of my life thus far so it makes me shudder. Stuff of nightmares, I was never the same again! I much prefer being this age, even after everything I've said. Hang on, I've contradicted myself!