SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 2nd April 2017, 01:20

Mood
Bashful

Default I know this sounds pathetic

I am losing my hair and I will go bald, I am sure. I feel like killing myself and I would kill myself if I had a gun. I hate I am going bald when it's diminishing my already questionable looks, how can I get a girlfriend. I made a facebook post that I was going to kill myself and the only reason was because I had no quick means to kill myself.
Old 2nd April 2017, 01:30

Default Re: I know this sounds pathetic

You shouldn't create that kind of drama. Eventually no one will have anything to do with you.
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:07

I totally understand how something like that can feel like the last straw, that tips you over the edge to think 'Right, f-ck my life.'

In truth though, it's perfectly normal and human to lose your hair, it happens to people all the time, and it doesn't affect your worth as a person in the slightest. As has been said, the bald or shaved head look is pretty common and fashionable in its way. I have a hereditary receded hairline that I get kind of ashamed of and paranoid about, and if my brothers are any indication I have a only a few years before it starts thinning out entirely. I periodically clip it short, exposing my fivehead, and I can't tell you how often I've wished I had the guts to just shave it all off and be done with it.

As far as getting a girlfriend goes, I think it's a pretty minimal barrier. In fact, it'd likely make you more attractive to women who have a preference for it. Everyone has their own tastes, and little or no hair is just another flavour.
Old 2nd April 2017, 13:27
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

a female work friend loves bald men, says she would never date a haired man.
one in three men go bald.
gotta learn to deal with this dude
Old 2nd April 2017, 17:26

Mood
Balanced

I know plenty of bald people male and female, some of them are only kids and they are all battling cancer or leukaemia ..... so think on!
Old 2nd April 2017, 20:05

Mood
Pensive

Some men look good bald and plenty of women fancy them. Andre Agassi looked better after shaving it all off I think he had a breakdown from losing his hair its in his autobiography maybe you could read it.
Old 2nd April 2017, 21:54

Mood
Crappy

There is stuff you can take to halt baldness like rogaine and propecia. Dont think they regrow it but they stop it from getting any worse. The only way to get hair back is through a hair transplant or a good wig/weave. Despite what people say about 'learning to deal with it' etc etc, it can be really, really hard for some people.
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:18

I think you can easily pull off the bald look based on your avatar and I think the best thing to do is shave it all off so you can get used to it. Look on the bright side, no hair to mess around with. Nice and easy morning routine, no worries about hairstyles, no need to buy shampoo and no fuss with the hairdressers/barbers.
Old 2nd April 2017, 22:51

Mood
Bashful

I nearly killed myself over it on Friday if I'd had a gun I would have shot myself , or some barbiturates I would have taken them all. I shaved all my hair off and wlked around town shopping I noticed quite a few more girls than normal looking at me, I don't know because I had no hair or because I am weird.
Old 3rd April 2017, 00:33

Don't do anything drastic, mate. How did it feel after you shaved your hair off? Was it as bad as you expected, when you went out? It might actually suit you, if you got a few more looks I don't think something as simple as having no hair would make people think you're weird.

I feel like I look like the weirdest weirdo in the land when I clip my hair short, but after a week or two it starts to feel normal and I stop thinking about it.
Old 3rd April 2017, 04:52

I understand it is a change but it neednt be a bad one. You have options: eg. grow a beard / wear a hat. I sometimes feel jealous of bald guys who can wear hats without it looking like an affectation.
Old 3rd April 2017, 05:34

Mood
Sweettooth

From a girl's perspective, I have personally been really (really really) attracted to men with a shaved head, and I know that my friends would say the same. It is a change to adjust to but I don't think that it would stop you from getting a girlfriend. I would agree with what umm said about having the options to try a beard or a hat as those can be very attractive too
Old 3rd April 2017, 16:19

I started going bald about 20 years ago in my mid 20s.

It was a pain at first, but you soon get used to it. Just shave it all off and to hell with it.

Only real down side is that if youre outdoors a lot in the summer like me, you have to slap on the suntan oil and and/or wear a hat.

But basically just shrug your shoulders an forget about it. These things happen....
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:04
Banned at own request

It's probably best just to shave off all your hair, i'm not yet bald but as soon as a bald patch appears i'll just be shaving the rest of my hair off.
My hair started to recede, very gradually, about 20 years ago. Don't have a bald spot yet but when that finally happens I'll just have to shave the rest of my head, not really looking forward to having to do that, but it will be the only option realistically.
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:37

Shave it, clippers no guard all over.

I have gone grey, so it's either Just For Men or the clippers. Clippers all the way. It's very liberating.
Old 3rd April 2017, 17:48

Mood
Mellow

It's not your hair, but I know where you're coming from. A while ago I genuinely wondered if I would ever get a girl again, but when we look at ourselves in the mirror, it's through rose tinted specs.

It's funny, because one of my friends had a similar hairline (think Rafael Benitez when he was younger), I took the piss all the time out of it, but he loved a laugh and was open in his emotions. I can't recall him ever being without a woman, even when he broke up with one there would be more.

Certainly when it comes to guys I think stuff like confidence and body language easily trumps any perception of what society considers attractive. For instance I know one guy who had the 'look' but was poor with women, now unhappily married.

I know it's difficult to feel positive if you are in a rut but change can happen and all is never lost.