SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 24th October 2005, 19:45

Default Desperate Hello

Hi, I've never been a fan of chatrooms or forums in the past, always think I will sound stupid/boring as in life. Sadly I'm in a desperate state as I have spent a year in my house, well almost I have had about 3 social nights out. I have absolutely no friends as I can't phone people up even to say 'hi' so have lost contact and when out with people I just cannot join in with conversations because of the SA. Feel like the saddest person and just pretend to colleagues that I have a social life.
It's been helpful to read that others are the same and I'm not the only one on a permanent saturday night appointment with the telly!
Would like to speak to people here and meet up with the groups tho none are local at the moment.
At the moment life's a little bleak, no friends = no cinema, pubs, restaurants, no meeting new people, no dating, just me alone for evermore.
Old 24th October 2005, 20:36
Jamie

Default Re: Desperate Hello

Hi there. I can relate to what you're saying. At my last job, the most dreaded question of the week would always be "so, what did you get up to at the weekend?" I would then skirt around the question, thinking say anything but 'oh, i watched the telly...and walked my dog..and errr...' I know they thought it was odd how uneventful my social life was, even commenting on how it wasn't exactly atypical of an 18 yr old. This just made me feel even more of an outcast.

--Jamie
Old 25th October 2005, 00:36

hello,welcom
Old 25th October 2005, 20:26

Hello KittyK

Welcome to the site

I have made lots of friends from here through msn and email and have met some in real life. I attend a local SA support group which is very good although you said that there is not one in your area.

Put a message in penpals, I am sure you will get a response. I hope you get as much out of this site as I have.

Claire
Old 25th October 2005, 23:47

Welcome to SAUK, kittyk.
Old 26th October 2005, 11:50
Slobin

Heys there ^_^

Don't think that because you can't find things to say in the *gasp* 'real world' out there you're a dull or boring person...I say approximately three words a week to my housemates and otherwise communicate through an elaborate system of nods and generic hand signals because I feel too darned inadequate to do anything else, but that doesn't stop me from cashing more than my ha'penny's when online =D It's far easier to get away with saying nothing but looking smart while you're doing it when you don't have to deal with facing people and witnessing their dawning expressions of incomprehnsion. In short, hope you can find some people to be friendly with around here and enjoy your time on the boards!

I wish you happy shiny luck wishes =D
Old 27th October 2005, 19:53

Thanks all, it's lovely to virtually meet so many funny and lovely people, I'll feel less lonely on my own now knowing there are other's out there.
Old 27th October 2005, 20:03
Shallah

Hello kittyk welcome to SA-UK
Old 27th October 2005, 22:09
Intro Guy

Welcome to SAUK!
Closed Thread