SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th May 2008, 14:58

Default I dont know

Just another rant about things

A while ago I ranted about how I aint severe enough to be offered any councelling or cbt apparently.

I aint enough of a 'risk' because I aint suicidal. (Who said that anyway??) Something about other people need more support to cope with their life and whatever.

Ok I havnt cut myself or hurt myself in that way in like.. 13 years. I feel almost penalised for that. I dont consider suicide as an option so I get punished for it. Thats how that feels. (No wonder people brag about suicide HA you have to if you want support -_- No offence to anyone..)

My current lifestyle isnt great. Infact towards the end of last year I was doing better than I currently am. Since then I have had a massive brake up with my ex which has hit me hard. I aint looking for sympthy but I fvcking aint doing aswell as I was. I can deal with a brake up but what my ex did to me really hit me hard because she was trying to hurt me. Which she did.. it effected me quite harshly that I had to give up college as I felt too nervous and that.

Mistakes put behind me I moved forward and trying to put things back together but the truth is all I got is voluntry work which is much less and less difficulty than it was before. Im doing easier things so I can cope better. I dont feel great most the time..

I got this woman telling me I aint suicidal and my problems arnt severe enough eh. Dont punish me for it ffs my life is still pretty shite. I barely go anywhere or do anything. That aint a life either. Its just asmuch punishment as not being capable to go out. Which I do understand very well and I am telling you that its just asmuch punishment only being half incapable as it is fully incapable. Its probably easier hiding away than being half out the door.

Do you really think its 'smart' leaving a nutcase to sort there own problems out or have them pay for something instead. Funny thing is I feel nervous phoning her up because she is always talking about how I aint severe enough nowadays that I miss appointments and that. Which im quite certain she considers as being lazy in some sense. (Not being paranoid) Truth is she just makes me nervous anyway and she is starting to tell me my own problems. Its make me avoident and I get distracted easilly that I forgot certain things. Even when I setup reminders I get distracted easilly. Especially whenever I am meant to remember makes me nervous I think I probably forget on purpose so I dont have to do it. Yesterday was a good example I needed to do a phonecall. I had the phone ready and I felt fine but then something happened which distracted me. After that I forgot about the phonecall completely.. I didnt intentionally forgot though. Iv told her otherwise and I think its a bit more complicated than she understands but then she obvious dont listen.

I just dont need this hassle tbh im trying to make things better but the support thats meant to encourage me has become a burden. Without it though I feel less motivated than when someone is giving me a kick up the ass. I dont want to take a step down to be cuddled I just need outside influence to progress aswell as my own.

Like this. As a example, this doesnt make me nervous but as an example. Lets say I wanted to set a goal towards eating in a restaurant. On my own perhaps I could achieve it but without a decent plan its as likely to succeed as someone starting excercise for the first time. On the otherhand if you got someone setting you goals your a hell alot more likely to stick at it. Im not saying I am dependent on other people because im not but it sure makes things progress better when I do. Otherwise I tend to avoid or forget things easier than when someone is kicking me up the ass to do something. Before you know it if I dont have someone doing this I might find I havnt gone out in a week. =S Then I get kinda demoralized that I havnt been out which makes me avoident.

Anyway I aint feeling very strong to stay positive lately.. My insecurities have certainly creeped back big time. I donno why I struggle so hard to do simple things anymore.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:37

Mood
Mondayblues

Default Re: I dont know

That's terrible that they won't provide the support for you! Especially when you've worked up the courage to go out there and ask for help, and you're wanting to do something about your problem. I'd bloomin complain if that was me. Things like that make me so angry. You're just needing a little bit of guidance, it's not asking for much really.

I have to dash when writing this, but I really hope you get some support offered to you to help with your situation. Good Luck with it, I hope it works out for you.
Old 7th May 2008, 15:54

Mood
Gloomy

Feel for you Baz- thats really not fair in my eyes. A similar thing happened to me- apparently my doc thinks I'm not serious enough to warrant medication for depression, even though he suggested it in the first place and I've been having symptoms for about 3 years. Likewise I have to be suicidal........ So when I'm at the point of killing myself, I go get some medication? How logical. He's gonna feel like a right t**t if I top myself

I go private for therapy, how do you do it? I don't think they turn you away so readily if you go private. If you don't really get on with your counsellor, then try a different one. I didn't click with the last one I tried- could never imagine opening totally up to her.

Hope you get things sorted
Old 7th May 2008, 18:04
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ßazza
Just another rant about things

A while ago I ranted about how I aint severe enough to be offered any councelling or cbt apparently.

I aint enough of a 'risk' because I aint suicidal. (Who said that anyway??) Something about other people need more support to cope with their life and whatever.

Ok I havnt cut myself or hurt myself in that way in like.. 13 years. I feel almost penalised for that. I dont consider suicide as an option so I get punished for it. Thats how that feels. (No wonder people brag about suicide HA you have to if you want support -_- No offence to anyone..)

My current lifestyle isnt great. Infact towards the end of last year I was doing better than I currently am. Since then I have had a massive brake up with my ex which has hit me hard. I aint looking for sympthy but I fvcking aint doing aswell as I was. I can deal with a brake up but what my ex did to me really hit me hard because she was trying to hurt me. Which she did.. it effected me quite harshly that I had to give up college as I felt too nervous and that.

Mistakes put behind me I moved forward and trying to put things back together but the truth is all I got is voluntry work which is much less and less difficulty than it was before. Im doing easier things so I can cope better. I dont feel great most the time..

I got this woman telling me I aint suicidal and my problems arnt severe enough eh. Dont punish me for it ffs my life is still pretty shite. I barely go anywhere or do anything. That aint a life either. Its just asmuch punishment as not being capable to go out. Which I do understand very well and I am telling you that its just asmuch punishment only being half incapable as it is fully incapable. Its probably easier hiding away than being half out the door.

Do you really think its 'smart' leaving a nutcase to sort there own problems out or have them pay for something instead. Funny thing is I feel nervous phoning her up because she is always talking about how I aint severe enough nowadays that I miss appointments and that. Which im quite certain she considers as being lazy in some sense. (Not being paranoid) Truth is she just makes me nervous anyway and she is starting to tell me my own problems. Its make me avoident and I get distracted easilly that I forgot certain things. Even when I setup reminders I get distracted easilly. Especially whenever I am meant to remember makes me nervous I think I probably forget on purpose so I dont have to do it. Yesterday was a good example I needed to do a phonecall. I had the phone ready and I felt fine but then something happened which distracted me. After that I forgot about the phonecall completely.. I didnt intentionally forgot though. Iv told her otherwise and I think its a bit more complicated than she understands but then she obvious dont listen.

I just dont need this hassle tbh im trying to make things better but the support thats meant to encourage me has become a burden. Without it though I feel less motivated than when someone is giving me a kick up the ass. I dont want to take a step down to be cuddled I just need outside influence to progress aswell as my own.

Like this. As a example, this doesnt make me nervous but as an example. Lets say I wanted to set a goal towards eating in a restaurant. On my own perhaps I could achieve it but without a decent plan its as likely to succeed as someone starting excercise for the first time. On the otherhand if you got someone setting you goals your a hell alot more likely to stick at it. Im not saying I am dependent on other people because im not but it sure makes things progress better when I do. Otherwise I tend to avoid or forget things easier than when someone is kicking me up the ass to do something. Before you know it if I dont have someone doing this I might find I havnt gone out in a week. =S Then I get kinda demoralized that I havnt been out which makes me avoident.

Anyway I aint feeling very strong to stay positive lately.. My insecurities have certainly creeped back big time. I donno why I struggle so hard to do simple things anymore.
my opinion is that SA is best being cured by the individual suffering with SA.

with CBT u can identify ur own thought patterns and beleifs and u can apply the techniques urself
Old 7th May 2008, 18:25
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Is there any way you can find a new counsellor? If it's a practice, is there another one you can go to?
Old 10th May 2008, 14:28

I can go to anyone who I pay. I havnt paid for any sessions before. Some people might not agree but when overcoming mental issues its really important to talk to an outsider. When your mental its impossible to fully assess your situation tbh. Even if they aint very skilled with sa or know what it is they might pick up on things you dont notice. Of course if they do thats alot better if they know what they are doing.

I will put it on hold for the moment and look into something paid.
Old 10th May 2008, 19:15

Hello Bazza, can't you go back to your doctor and ask for a CBT therapist? It doesn't matter whether your suicidal or not, if something is restricting your life you have the right to be referred to whoever you want surely. I went back to my doctor and asked and i had to wait maybe six months for cbt, i live in east london. I have been seeing the woman since january, its not been mind blowing but she's introduced me to the book 'Overcoming low self esteem' by Melanie Fennell, ive been working through it and theres some good information so ive jotted the important bits down in a note book that im gonna refer to when im feeling negative. Push harder for CBT from your doctor and checkl out this book.
Old 11th May 2008, 14:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mis fit
Hello Bazza, can't you go back to your doctor and ask for a CBT therapist? It doesn't matter whether your suicidal or not, if something is restricting your life you have the right to be referred to whoever you want surely. I went back to my doctor and asked and i had to wait maybe six months for cbt, i live in east london. I have been seeing the woman since january, its not been mind blowing but she's introduced me to the book 'Overcoming low self esteem' by Melanie Fennell, ive been working through it and theres some good information so ive jotted the important bits down in a note book that im gonna refer to when im feeling negative. Push harder for CBT from your doctor and checkl out this book.
I am actually ganna do that. I tried phoning up an appointment this week but something was wrong with the computers.. so basically asked me to phone up later. I got to wait till monday. I also want to ask about sleeping pills anyway as I never got around to it.

-

Unfortunatly I had to leave college so I cant use any services they might of had.
Old 11th May 2008, 18:18

Mood
Crappy

mental health services are crap
Closed Thread