SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th May 2008, 20:32

Default Stupid confrontations/conflicts whatever

I have alot trouble confronting things online. Like right now e-bay has suspended my account without a decent explanation besides suspecious activity. Which is bullshit, no one has got into it.. something flagged and locked it down but whatever it was is bullshit.

Anyway, I have to keep sending them messages back and forth and it makes me feel really anxious. Things like this always do. Whats annoying is I know I am within my rights to be very annoyed at them. I am in the right here and whatever there reasons they 'have not explained WHY' they have locked it down, they 'have not told me clearly what the fvck im meant to do' about it either.

Its the same when I need to message a e-bay member for whatever reasons, perhaps something was damaged. In all my experience of this it has been fine! Mostly they send out a replacement or such. Always a positive experience. Yet I am constantly anxious messaging people like this to complain. I feel like a twit to be messaging them even though I am in the right to do so.

Its highly annoying and stressfull for me. I have it with all companies whenever I need to sort something out, banks etc too. They send me these prewritten responses that piss me off. They rarely have 'any' relevance to my problem so I end up writing another message which makes me anxious again.

E-bay recently was a good example. I am NOT a stupid user. I am a very experienced with computers, I freakin built mine and know how to use websites lol... I asked e-bay WHY my account suspended and my first reply was.. 'if you need help resetting your password' bla bla bla. Eh?! No... Then they give me links about what to do if your account is suspended. It gives you information to do if 'this or that' etc. Except they didnt tell me WHY it was suspended. It was useless. I keep sending them messages, talked to them live, but they are idiots ergh.

It stresses the hell out of me and even though I am well within my rights to send them messages to resolve this issue. It doesnt 'seem' that way to me though. I feel like im 'wrong' to feel this way. I know logically I aint but I get anxious anyway.

In rl if a bank fvcks up I get angry, I dont take no shit, I dont take no shit online either but I still get anxious about it. Annoying. Its quite stressfull for something that holds no real importance. Im trying to be patient but they keep sending me crap about stuff that doesnt help me. I just want my account back.. and to stop patronising me.

Maybe its my ego worried it will be damaged by people thinking I am stupid. It may 'seem' like a problem a inexperienced user has but it aint. If they dont tell me what the problem is or what to do about it then how the hell am I meant to sort it out. Especially if they keep sending me stuff that doesnt help..

This is about the anxiety involved with sending such messages. Im always worried about reading their responses, nearly always piss me off because they talk down to me. I want a personalised message admitting they are ******* and to unsuspend my account.
Old 19th May 2008, 22:53

Mood
Cool

Default Re: Stupid confrontations/conflicts whatever

Is this a general fear of confrontation or specific to online? Could it be a general lack of assertiveness?
Old 19th May 2008, 23:40

I think its more related to online. But. I also suffer worse anxiety in general online than in rl lol.

Iv always had difficulty waiting for messages and replying etc. Its a hightened anxiety compared to the forums because its a conflict. I am having to complain about something and I dont like doing that much.

Unrelated, e-bay have asked for id and stuff.. =/ I will read it properly tomorrow. No way I am providing such information. They can either unsuspend it with some basic information about myself or I leave.

All I do with the bloody account is buy things. Any new member doesnt have to provide proof such as a passport photocopy =/ No way I am either thats for damn sure! They have confirmed no buying as occured within last few weeks so the account wasnt stolen. Just a very random occurence tbh.. I broken no rules. I can access the account but I cant buy things like I used to. I been with same account for many years with a 100% positive rating, no one is upset, everything paid eh.

Got to spend ages with my case defending myself againts something that I got no clue why I should be bothering to defend myself againts. Stresses me because every message I send makes me anxious. Every message I recieve makes me anxious.
Old 19th May 2008, 23:52

I want my bloody rating lol. They asking for a photocopy of my passport eh.. I aint giving them that?! Who they think they are lol?! They are nuts if they expect that from me.

They can have my name and address etc, not my passport 'photo' I.D. *disgusted look*

Yes I need a holiday, I need to read it properly, perhaps I can tell them to bugger off when it comes to such personal information.

Im fortunate I have learnt to remove worries from my life and be selective when I worry about them. Its still stressfull each day, coming home, checkings e-mails, and dealing with such things as this though.
Closed Thread