SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th June 2011, 09:18

Default How did you meet your partner & how did you express your feelings ?

How did your partner know how you felt ? Did you just build up to it through going out or did you do one thing or gesture to tell them ?

Please keep this sensible eh! No silly replies.
Old 28th June 2011, 09:28

Default Re: How did you meet your partner & how did you express your feelings ?

Well. I met Tom (my girls dad) through an ex...I was seeing Jaay, Jaay was a dealer, Tom was a customer. Tom came to collect. I was there (Feburary) he kept coming back to see me...Would turn up at the pub ect and walk me home. Come November we were together. Lasted 14 yrs.

Jay (my last ex) we went to school together. Hated eachother.
We got talking last yr on fb through a friend.

He asked if he cold 'pop' round for a cuppa <<Oldie but a goodie!!

He came round, We had a chat. I thought 'Yeah fine we're just friends' He then ran into trouble with his wife (yes I said wife) he asked to meet me over the park. We went. He then txt'd me an said "I wanted to kiss you"

I laughed it off. Then he asked to come round to my house after doing a set. I said yes...

Morgan wasn't well and was being sick. He txt'd me when he was outside, I ran down to the car and told him he couldn't come in as Moggy moo was ill. As I was running back to the house. He grabbed me and kissed me...I went bandy.

The end!
Old 28th June 2011, 10:18

I met my partner here. We chatted online for a while and things developed from there .
Old 28th June 2011, 10:31

Think I might have gone into a little too much detail.
Old 28th June 2011, 11:18

Mood
Notworthy

Met my hubby when I was 16 at a YTS scheme and it was lust at first sight,he was dressed in a shirt,suit pants and tie(also very muscly) and looked lush!!!!!It took all of five days to fall in love with him,19 years later still together,god you get less for murder(joke)
Old 28th June 2011, 11:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira34
Met my hubby when I was 16 at a YTS scheme and it was lust at first sight,he was dressed in a shirt,suit pants and tie(also very muscly) and looked lush!!!!!It took all of five days to fall in love with him,19 years later still together,god you get less for murder(joke)
Aww Thats nice.x
Old 28th June 2011, 11:40

Mood
Notworthy

Aw thanks katie xx But he can be a right misery at times lol!!
Old 28th June 2011, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira34
Aw thanks katie xx But he can be a right misery at times lol!!
Aint they all!!

Glad you found your night.
Old 28th June 2011, 14:33

Mood
Chatty

Alcohol. Always.
Old 28th June 2011, 14:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by wd40mk17.4
Alcohol. Always.
Aww, so romantic
Old 28th June 2011, 20:43

Mood
Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
Aww, so romantic
That's me
Old 28th June 2011, 21:14

Mood
Bored

I met my ex at a job interview. We both applied for the same job and after the interviews were over I just asked him if he fancied going for a drink.
Old 28th June 2011, 21:20

I met my bubs on a social networking site, we had a bit of 'banter' over the forums then I thought i'd message him and we talked/texted for a whole week and then met up :D
I practically see him every weekend from saturday to monday <3 nomnomnomnom
Old 28th June 2011, 21:27

Mood
Angelic

Aww after reading these, I want to meet someone!!!! Peoples romantic tales always make me happy :0)
Old 1st July 2011, 18:25

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelie Bin Bird
Think I might have gone into a little too much detail.
no i love details!

more pls everyone
Old 1st July 2011, 18:31

Yer know, I'm pretty amazed as to how many people are in relationships (or have had) on this site.
Old 1st July 2011, 18:34

Mood
Dreaming

^ no i'm mush now

seems there's lots of girlies making the first move, brave!
Old 1st July 2011, 18:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Leader

Our first meeting was at a sci-fi convention; he bought me a book and I gave him a dinosaur
Haha. That has put a big smile on my face.

I met my ex on Teamspeak when I used to play competitive COD back in the day. She knew one my friends who I played and came on randomly one day while we were playing and I laughed at her cos I thought she was a 12year old boy. Got her MSN to apologise and the it went from there. Now that is embarrassing.
Old 1st July 2011, 19:00

Err, mine isn't as story book romantic as some of the others, sorry.
I'll keep it as short as I can.... well I'll try anyway.

Well it was more of a case of my ex finding me. I used to be quite active on DeviantArt, and put up a lot of my work (which most I've removed now). And I got a random "thats good" comment from someone and thought nothing of it.
Half an hour later I got a friend request and it was the same person who posted the comment, so I accepted just to be nice.

I then got a note (PM) saying thanks for accepting, blah blah blah. Tells me her name and asks me a few questions on my submissions.
We get to PM'ing for a day or two then the messages get more personal, like telling me where she lives how she suffers from depression and such, then she adds me to MSN.

We were pretty much talking non stop for a few weeks and I didn't think much of it other than friends in all honesty as she was living with her boyfriend.
But when she started giving me compliments saying I looked cute on my profile picture and webcam, and how I was nice. I felt a bit awkward but just said thanks anyway as I thought she was just trying to be kind. I knew for a while that her boyfriend was very abusive to her and a few days later she gets the courage to kick him out.
As soon as he moves out about a minute later she flashes her knockers on webcam, I just pretended not to see the first time just to see if she would do it again (), I think thats probably the most non bullcrap way of saying you really like someone that has happened to me, but it worked!
So basically we meet two weeks later and I was a rebound guy in the end, but we did go out for quite a while and met up, etc. The long distance was a problem though as she lived right on the South coast and I'm up North so it was expensive.

Not very romantic and it might sound a bit sleazy but I've had to shorten the whole thing and didn't want to put in personal details about it all, but partners whether good or bad come from the most unlikely of places at the most unexpected times I find.
Old 1st July 2011, 20:40

Well where to start with what has happened to me? You won't believe it but here goes nothing:

I'm bisexual (it is however rare that I like a guy, I like girls a hell of a lot more). Aged 15 being stupid I kind of let one close male friend know how I felt (i liked him), he tells everyone (literally) and I was bullied to a point where I was considering suicide (before this I'd been liked as a friend by many many people). This made me go massively into my shell. It also demolished my confidence.

For the next couple of years moving on from school I have struggled beyound belief with getting a girlfriend. I have had a fair amount of interest but I literally can't look females in the eye since what happened to me at 15 years old.

After I left school I think a lot of people picked up on the fact that I have no self asteem (they don't no I'm bi, or have ever told a guy I liked him thank god). This led to further bullying which dragged me to my lowest point in my life so far.

Theres my love life for you. I defy anyone to beat that (what I've explained doesn't do it justice!!).
Old 30th July 2011, 11:53

I met my boyfriend via both this site and last.fm (through the sauk group on there) we messaged for ages about music mostly and we would recommend stuff to each other just totally as friends. He then helped me when I really needed it and in return I helped him overcome his problems too, this lead to us talking on msn then on the phone (oh that was scary ). After a good while we realised we may have feelings for each other. So we arranged a holiday in London together for my birthday. We stayed in a posh hotel, went to the theatre, had lots of meals out, visited loads of touristy places, was the best birthday ever. Luckily we did have chemistry an got on really well still

We're still together now even though he lives near London and me in Liverpool but hopefully that will change soon (god help him) Coming up to 2 years in August now

As for expressing feelings, it is something we both find very hard, even now but we both understand each other in that respect.
Old 30th July 2011, 12:06

Mood
Alienated

geek time

met my ex through WoW

had no desire to meet anyone, was minding my own business in a low level area and some assholes was abusing someone trying to do quests so i stepped in and killed them all so the person could continue , basically they kept trying it on and i kept killing them for like 3hrs till they got bored (yeah i really had nothing better to do...there was no indication the character was being played by a girl or anything i was just being nice)

Well we got talking...then it was MSN and whatnot and thats that

Kinda weird how it came about...although on reflection it feels a bit of a waste of 6 years..but whats done is done!
Old 30th July 2011, 12:18

Mood
Cloud_9

Expressing my feelings to past ex's i did by text or msn, never to the face as i was embarassed and shy, but i think now that i'm older and if...IF!! i do find a boyfriend and he shows interest in me and i show interest in him, and we begin to like eachother, i shall tell him my feelings to his face, as now i have nothing to lose, so if i say it and he doesn't feel the same way i can brush it of my shoulders and say, well least i tried.
Old 30th July 2011, 13:12

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic
had no desire to meet anyone, was minding my own business in a low level area and some assholes was abusing someone trying to do quests so i stepped in and killed them all so the person could continue , basically they kept trying it on and i kept killing them for like 3hrs till they got bored (yeah i really had nothing better to do...there was no indication the character was being played by a girl or anything i was just being nice)
This is awesome! Superhero steps in to protect the damsel in distress.
Old 30th July 2011, 17:11

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimistic
This is awesome! Superhero steps in to protect the damsel in distress.

suppose it kinda was, ahh i actually miss it

and as for how did i express my feelings, no i cant do that...they have to tell me then im like Phew..im not a creep and i did actually feel something too..ok now we can progress!

..although its been so long since that happened...meh
Old 30th July 2011, 18:44

Met in high school through mutual friends. Had a year or so apart until we saw each other again through a social event I think. Started meeting up more regularly until I finally said I liked him through fb lol He said he'd been waiting for a nice girl to ask him out.

So there we are.
Old 30th July 2011, 19:01
Banned

Mood
Shoveit

I met someone off here and got to know her quite well. Unfortunately it had a rather sour ending.

Things started off rather well, and because our lives were both empty we became close quickly. Then she admitted that she had intimate feelings for me. I reacted very badly to this and my fondness for her turned into... a sort of abhorrence. I'm ashamed to say it but I started to bully and upset her a lot. Eventually she took an overdose, was taken to hospital and had her stomach pumped and was then packed off to a hospital somewhere where she was put on suicide watch.

We did talk some more when she came home (and I found out what had happened to her), we argued a bit and then ceased contact due to mutual enmity. Haven't heard from her in years.
Closed Thread