SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th November 2015, 19:09

Mood
Tired

Default Social withdrawal; how do you overcome it?

How do you stop the gravitational pull of the desire to not contact people, to not do anything socially from sabotaging your life? How do you regain the desire once it goes. Can it become a life sentance?

Here are a few reasons why I sometimes get reclusive spells;
  • General toning-down of motivation and desire
  • heightened expectations of negative outcomes from social situations or of doing poorly
  • embarrassment of not having don very much in recent weeks
  • fear of not having much to talk about, again due to not really having any stories of interest, and of things having not changed very much in recent weeks
It seems that the more depressed you feel, the more your comfort zone seems to shrink and close-in. Here's an overview of my comfort zone and what gets progressively more difficult and off-limits as my mood drops; pro-active steps, such as joining meet-ups, online dating and re-connecting with acquaintances I haven't been in-contact with for ages.

If anyone's had any of the avoidance-driving problems, are there any tips? I've at least identified what the problems are, the question is, are there any actual solutions to these problems I've recognised?
Old 28th November 2015, 19:10

Default Re: Social withdrawal; how do you overcome it?

For me, I just had to adapt.