Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th July 2007, 15:02

Mood
Breezy

Default Is this unfriendly?

Can anyone tell me what this means?

This may sound like a really stupid question but I'm not very good at reading people. It's about a neighbour of mine who lives in the flat next door. She's in her early thirties and lives alone but has a boyfriend.

I keep getting spring/summer catalogues from this place and I decided to leave one for my neighbour in case she might be interested. Two weeks ago I put one of the catalogues outside her door and left a note.

Now since then she's been coming and going to her flat but the catalogue is still there on the floor outside her front door. It's clear to see so she couldn't have missed it. I'm so sure she looked at it because it seems propped up differently. Why would someone completely ignore that and keep it where I left it? If she doesn't want it should she throw it away (I would and I would also take it inside or thank her, if it happened to me).

Also I've hardly ever spoken to her and when I have done she seemed cheerful but that was a year ago. In the past she sometimes knocked on our door to ask for advice or say she was going away but she's been dead silent recently. I also feel that she's been avoiding my bf as someone (don't know who it is) spreads rumours about him. Maybe I'm paranoid. It just seems a bit odd that if you give something to someone they ignore it and leave it there. What kind of message shall I get from that?
Old 10th July 2007, 16:54

Default Re: Is this unfriendly?

I'd say you're looking to deeply into it. We have shit ( spring/summer catalogues) left outside our house all the time and we usually just leave it there until whoever put it there collects it. Sometimes we've just forgot about it and it's been there months.

And our neighbors can be chatty at times then silent for ages. Maybe their private reasons, or simply nothing, who knows? There's no point obsessing over it, it'll only cause paranoia.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:09
nothing_to_say

Some people are just very private, or suspicious of kindness, perhaps she even has SA.
It's upsetting to have kindness knocked back, but some people just aren't of the mind set to accept it. Please don't worry about it.
Old 10th July 2007, 18:49

I dont think it is unfriendly as like Goddy we get catalogues all the time too so i would not even have bothered looking .

It also seems apart from some people being private , depending on where they are from /past experiences of living places, they can have very differing ideas about neighbour friendliness too.
Old 11th July 2007, 08:03

Mood
Breezy

Hey, thanks for replying and yes I suppose it was nothing. I did wonder if it's just me looking into it too much.
Closed Thread