SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 5th December 2006, 11:50

Default Flirted with a girl at work!

Its the first time in years that a girl has showed interest ....she is working in a temporary role for two weeks, but the thing is i started talking to her and made a joke about psycho customers that were hasseling her ...but i was being natural as if i was chatting to a friend ive known for a long time, yet id only just met this girl, anyway later she came back into the room and we shared sarcastic remarks to each other across the room while everyone was watching, and she would walk past and smile at me ...i could tell there was some chemistry because she kept wanting to be playful etc

anyway the thing is im not working again for after two weeks, so i probably wont see her again, and yet from chatting to her about music, films and we were also exchanging the same tv show lines to each other ....there was a real buzz.

i cant just walk in on a day off and greet her during work in front of everybody...it would be a little too weird, i would have to be subtle and i know as soon as i approached people would stirr things up and say "is she your girlfriend now"?! because i have those kind of work companions

so its an extra BITTER/sweet for me, i couldnt stop thinking about it for the entire night i came home from work

i just want to get to know her as a friend because we related on many levels, and she was also a little goofy and says things that dont always make sense, so she has these little charming insecurities.

ARGH! i wish i hadnt turned up to work at all.
Old 5th December 2006, 11:58

Default Re: Flirted with a girl at work!

ASK HER OUT ASK HER OUT ASK HER OUT ASK HER OUT

Why? Because life is too short. It doesn't have to be a date. Why not go to your workplace at the end of the working day and meet her outside and ask her, if you are not working at all until she leaves. You could just say you have forgotten something important and have come to pick it up. And then you can pick her up too!!!!!!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 12:08

ooh! i could wait outside at finish time, but isnt that a little obsessive, its almost stalking territory, god i'd also hate to think ill never meet her again too, its tricky, fact is im a fool for not giving her an email address/number that night, she finished her shift suddenly and was told to leave early so i was left high and dry.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:14

I have another idea, if she works at a desk you could go into work before everyone gets there or at lunch if they all have it at the same time and leave your number on her desk in a regular envelope so no one else can see it. Or you could go in pretending you have left something there and ask her out when no one is looking or sneak it in her coat pocket!!! Aren't I sneaky!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 12:20

haha that is a mad idea, could sneak a paper note into her apron pocket, they used to call me white lightening at soccer training ...but she's a waitress at my second part time job ..so she walks around everywhere and takes orders, she is running around for the entire shift with other staff

the great thing is it started off as us meeting like we had known each other for years n years ...
Old 5th December 2006, 12:32

GoldFish and his girlfriend sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Sorry couldn't resist!!!
Old 5th December 2006, 12:42

Mood
Inspired

I think that " instant known each other for years effect " is the clearest sign of liking somone. You often see SAers on here tying to guess from very small clues whether somone likes them but this is more like a neon sign!
and is how many succesful relationships start. Dont get your hopes up too high it may not lead any where but I would definitly think you should give it a go.
Old 5th December 2006, 12:49

your james bond, cant you contact mi6 and sort me out a rescure plan for this crisis?! ...as long it doesnt make the next days tabloids

thanks hardy: its just an awkward situation for me now, and its difficult to not dwell on it ..maybe i could just be happy with that as an enjoyable moment and move on, it was an alarm bell going off but i can choose to make it stop and forget about it
Old 6th December 2006, 10:28

this is really getting me down
Old 6th December 2006, 17:02

Mood
Inspired

dont get down because you are thinking of what it might have led to. think of it as a significant step forward. an example of something that will be fairly routine once your SA improves.
Old 6th December 2006, 18:04

Is there any way you can fake a genuine reason to go into work? If you pretend you've lost something, for instance, it would give you a perfect excuse to mooch about until you 'accidentally' bump into the girl. Or could you fake a reason to be outside your place of work at the time the girl finishes?

If you really don't see her again, it's obviously disappointing, but at least you can now say that there was a girl you had some chemistry with at work. It's to your credit that you got that far. There are probably otherwise perfectly confident and social people who would have spent the time just being wistful and never actually striking a connection.
Old 11th December 2006, 12:59

apparently she has finished now and wont be returning
the chances of meeting again are minimal

ill have to try and forget
Old 13th December 2006, 16:06

Don't forget for the moment!

Can't you get her number off a colleague or boss? You could even make up some story about how she lent you something and you need to give it back, if it made you more comfortable? :D

If you can get her number, you are probably in a slightly easier situation - if you ring/text her and nothing comes of it, you don't have the embarrassment of seeing her again or your colleagues gibing you (if they are the sort). Just tell her that she's a laugh and you'd love to meet up sometime! You've got nothing to lose, but a lot to gain if it works out!
Closed Thread