SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 11th December 2006, 23:12

Default Jobcentre CBT

I had a rather embarrassing experience at the job centre today. I have signed up for a condition management programme. It's run by the NHS, but based at the job centre. Some very well meaning man pushed a sheet of paper at me about CBT and it just felt so horridly insufficient and basic. I burst into tears and couldn't stop. It was very embarrassing. I think my hormones have gone a bit berserk at the moment as I seem to be crying lots.

Anyway, has anyone else been through a condition management programme via the job centre? Is it any good? I somehow feel as if I will have an unqualified person probing about in my already f*cked head, and I am not so sure it is a good idea. The man I will be seeing at the jobcentre is a phsyiotherapist who has had a basic training in CBT. Eek. I think I might run away.
Old 11th December 2006, 23:18

Default Re: Jobcentre CBT

Is it linked to finding a job or just based at the job centre?
I am seeing some one at the job centre soon to look at different options, loke becoming self employed ( plus help with funding that),Different training courses i can go on etc
Old 11th December 2006, 23:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL'S UP FOR IT
Is it linked to finding a job or just based at the job centre?
I am seeing some one at the job centre soon to look at different options, loke becoming self employed ( plus help with funding that),Different training courses i can go on etc
Hi Als' Up for It, hello

Nah, it's not about finding you a job. It's an NHS programme, which is based at the jobcentre. The guy made a point of stressing that he is not DWP staff, and that he is not going to force me into work or anything. I believe that. After my performance today he said "Well you are a long way off from being able to work anyway" which made me feel a bit

Generally I think the job centre is great. I have a really great personal adviser. Seems there is lots of help for people on IB. If you are on job seekers you seem to be a bit screwed.
Old 11th December 2006, 23:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewoman
After my performance today he said "Well you are a long way off from being able to work anyway" which made me feel a bit
i had a doc say that to me once. i was worried about a dwp medical and in trying to reassure me she said "theres no need to worry, there's no way they'll send you out to work in that state". at first i thought, "yay, they she doesnt think im faking it!", but then i was like "........oh."
Old 12th December 2006, 09:19

Mood
Sneaky

sorry to hear about the nasty episode FW...

i reckon you should run this past your usual therapist, and see what they think. if they are trying to something particular with you then the job centre thing might just be interference.

how great to be so completely invalidated by someone who is supposed to help you, and all based on one meeting. it is for us to say that we should forgive them for they know not what they do.

(ie they may be a bit fick)

*sniffs snottily*
Closed Thread