SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th December 2006, 18:44
Banned at own request

Default Parable for overcoming SA.

'There were 2 very small pens with very high fences. In the first of the pens there were 10 stupid chickens, and in the second pen there were 10 wise chickens. In both pens the cramped conditions made the chickens tense and frustrated. Tempers flared and people argued and fought, pecking and clawing at one another until it became almost unbearable. Boths groups of chickens decided they had to escape, but while the stupid ones argued about how they were going to do this, the wise ones just sat watching what the stupid ones would do. The silly chickens finally decided they would climb on one another's shoulders until they reached the top of the fence, and then one by one they would escape. Well, the chicken at the top escaped but this meant the others couldn't get out as the tower of chickens was too short for the next one to escape. The chicken that had escaped opened the door from the outside and re-entered the pen, closing the door behind him. "Right", he said, "Looks like we'll need a better plan".

Meanwhile the wise chickens had been watching the stupid chickens rediculous circus act and were rolling around on the floor laughing. The wise chickens got themselves together and copied the stupid chickens' plan, only this time the chicken that got out over the top first opened the door to the pen and left it open while the others escaped. The stupid chickens stared in astonishment as the wise chickens ran off into the distance. "Life is so unfair", said one of the stupid chickens, "if only we'd been in that pen!"'

I hope you found this story amusing. I hope you realised that the stupid chickens didn't notice what was on their own doorstep; that they actually had everything the wise chickens had to escape, right under their noses, only they couldn't see it because their frustration and panic made them impatient. They didn't have the advantage the wise chickens had by waiting and watching from afar and getting a true picture of the situation. I hope you realised I made this story up as I was going along which helped distract me, and I hope you too from your SA problems for at least a few minutes.
Old 18th December 2006, 19:03

Default Re: Parable for overcoming SA.

A very funny story Cheshire Cat!
Old 18th December 2006, 21:53

Made me laugh (and think)
Old 18th December 2006, 22:22

Old 19th December 2006, 10:24
Banned at own request

Hi. If any of you out there own a scanner, i'd love to see some artist's renditions of the chicken's plight. Some illustrations to accompany the story would be nice. Any artists out there?:santa3:
Old 19th December 2006, 10:34

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! :santa3:

a parable everyone should think closely about, whether its about your SA, your job, new goals, the world can be your oyster if you believe.
Closed Thread