SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th April 2007, 22:54

Default Re: The Crush *An Update*

Well, actually, maybe SA doesn't protect me, because I think it's because of SA why a lot of bad things happen socially in the first place, you make the wrong decisions, your judgement is all off, you don't know how to react, and like Pal said he was all anxious and feeling desperate and then just blurted it out to her in the wrong way. If he or anyone else didn't have SA then we would've had more of a cool head in that situation and would've handled it better, in fact we'd be able to handle most social situations a lot better and things would go a lot more right for us socially.

Do you know what I mean?
Old 26th April 2007, 23:08

/\

I think it's difficult for anyone to ask someone else out, i would suspect theres always nerves. Evan non SA sufferers have feelings, i sense from a lot of people that they believe that non sufferers can just do whatever they want, whenever they want and never have to suffer the consequences.

Got rejected? Meh, shrug your shoulders, walk off. I know people who are very self confident with women who get extremely nervous whenever they actually ask someone out or express their feelings for them. It's difficult for whoever does it.

Pal was working against the clock, the desperation came about because she would be gone soon and he felt he had to do something. That made what he was doing evan more difficult.

My point is that it isn't easy for anyone, we all get hurt, we all suffer. We all have to pull our socks up and get on with things.

Would life be easier if we didn't have SA? Obviously, but whats the point in evan thinking about it. We have SA, it makes things a little harder. That means we just have to try evan harder to get what we want.

EDIT: I think this topic has been covered enough, i'm stepping away from it now.
Old 27th April 2007, 00:12
muppet

But dont you think maybe that a girl might reject someone cos she actually really likes them but cant or doesnt want to go there (aka the boyfriend) and for that reason is actually treating you differently to everyone else and perhaps much worse than everyone else as a form coping with the situation?????? (ie, she is trying to distance herself and her friendship as a form of self preserverence!)
Old 27th April 2007, 18:46

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet
But dont you think maybe that a girl might reject someone cos she actually really likes them but cant or doesnt want to go there (aka the boyfriend) and for that reason is actually treating you differently to everyone else and perhaps much worse than everyone else as a form coping with the situation?????? (ie, she is trying to distance herself and her friendship as a form of self preserverence!)
I'd like to think that were true. Certainetly there were moments when i felt that could be the case but what's done is done, i'll probably never see her again and even if i do we'll probably never speak.

Sad but what more can i do?
Old 27th April 2007, 18:48

Mood
Cool

I can certainetly say that if there's anything to be learned from this situation it's that i need to tackle this phobia and i need to tackle this relationship fear i have, if i don't then it'll only make me more miserable and i'll end up stuck in this shell.

Perhaps not falling for spoken girls could also be a lesson learned.
Old 29th April 2007, 15:47
Gecko

Hope you are feeling better now, Pal
Old 29th April 2007, 18:33

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ubiquitous_Gecko
I'm making progress.

I keep slipping into this very heavy depression and i'm finding it extremely difficult to simply forget about her but i do seem to be slowly getting over it.

I think what's got to me the most about all this was her reaction after i told her. Logically i knew she'd blank me and keep her distance but emotionally i just wasn't prepared for it. It also doesn't help after hearing more about her boyfriend who, from what i've been told, is a confident, loud, very assertive, very good at his job, pub going type.

Did have a bit of a confidence boost though after a woman (a very attractive woman) started making eyes at me in the pub the other night. Of course the SA kicked in and i couldn't act on it but it did give me some hope.
Old 1st May 2007, 12:24

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ubiquitous_Gecko
Thaks for your concern by the way Gecko, i meant to thank you earlier but it slipped my mind.
Old 1st May 2007, 13:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal
I'm making progress.

I keep slipping into this very heavy depression and i'm finding it extremely difficult to simply forget about her but i do seem to be slowly getting over it.

I think what's got to me the most about all this was her reaction after i told her. Logically i knew she'd blank me and keep her distance but emotionally i just wasn't prepared for it. It also doesn't help after hearing more about her boyfriend who, from what i've been told, is a confident, loud, very assertive, very good at his job, pub going type.

Did have a bit of a confidence boost though after a woman (a very attractive woman) started making eyes at me in the pub the other night. Of course the SA kicked in and i couldn't act on it but it did give me some hope.
I'm just curious about what a woman making eyes at someone really means. Was she just staring at you for ages, or did she keep looking over and then looking away again or what?
Old 1st May 2007, 18:02

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross PK
I'm just curious about what a woman making eyes at someone really means. Was she just staring at you for ages, or did she keep looking over and then looking away again or what?
She sort of looked at me with what i'd call "seductive eyes", then looked away, then looked again, then looked away, then she sort of fixed her gaze when she saw me looking back. That was the moment the SA hit of course and buggered it all up for me.
Old 10th May 2007, 23:16

its hard to let things go pal innit, iv had seval long term relationsips all of about 3 or 4 years at a time, infact only been single for bout year and a half altogether in 16 yrs but my last partner was a measley 6 months and breaking up was the hardest ever, a f****** killer, hard to let someone go when they gave you so much to hold on to, and still see her around which makes it doubly hard although i act all nonchalant like of course! but inside im it does ease though, so chin up, we'll both come through the other end eh
Old 10th May 2007, 23:41

Mood
Cool

^ It's like a mate of mine said to me the other day. It's going to take a long time for me to just forget about her and move on, they'll always be some emotion attached to her as i did fall for her in such a big way but get over her i will.

Unfortunetly i walked past her about a week ago while she was happily hand in hand with her boyfriend, which stung a little, but at least she's clearly happy.
Old 10th May 2007, 23:58

my ex pops in to my shop prob once a week for a fag and a chat..........its sooo hard, she was in today, as soon as she walks in my heart still jumps, she prob thinks i dont think of her like that anymore cause im so indifferent, but friendly if you get my jist, little does she know!!! im prob too stoic for me own good, least she not with anyone else or i shall surely die
Old 11th May 2007, 00:10

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NES-SKI
my ex pops in to my shop prob once a week for a fag and a chat..........its sooo hard, she was in today, as soon as she walks in my heart still jumps, she prob thinks i dont think of her like that anymore cause im so indifferent, but friendly if you get my jist, little does she know!!! im prob too stoic for me own good, least she not with anyone else or i shall surely die
Inside i've been screaming for Sharon to know just how badly this has actually gotten to me but on the outside she probably doesn't have a clue.

Sad really.
Old 11th May 2007, 00:25

but sometimes you just have to turn up ya collar and get on with life!! easier to say now than 4 months ago lol!! are we a cupla softies pal?? no one goona treat me like that again *makes a hard looking face and sucks teeth*
Old 11th May 2007, 00:43

Mood
Cool

Quote:
but sometimes you just have to turn up ya collar and get on with life!! easier to say now than 4 months ago lol!! are we a cupla softies pal?? no one goona treat me like that again *makes a hard looking face and sucks teeth*
Presicely.

Unfortunetly i have to go to her place of work tomorrow, which is also my parents place of work, so the chances of me seeing her again are pretty big.

Ho hum, such is life.
Old 11th May 2007, 01:00

their loss! thats what we gotta keep reminding ourselves eh, goodluck tom mate
Old 11th May 2007, 01:03

and up the saints for saturday - i know how you love 'em
Old 11th May 2007, 01:08

Mood
Cool

Quote:
and up the saints for saturday - i know how you love 'em
I'm a Liverpool supporter.
Old 11th May 2007, 01:26

i remember... i support my local team - i sup-port my local team
Old 11th May 2007, 14:37

Mood
Cool

Quote:
i remember... i support my local team - i sup-port my local team
I have an excuse, i wasn't born in Southampton!!
Closed Thread