SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th September 2017, 20:50

Mood
Dead

Default Need a hug

What do you do when you just need a hug from someone to help you feel that little bit better. When you need someone just to be there to comfort you. But you realise there is no one to hug. No family, no friends, no partner and you are completely and utterly alone in the world. Anxiety has pushed away all the people who cared for me. My anxiety of being completely alone has made it come true. I thought I was beating it. But it seems it tricked me and just found other ways to come out other than the attacks.

I know I should try to go out and make friends but that isn't going to help right now. And I know there are people on line that will say they are here for me but unfortunately, it's not the same as having someone in real life to have that contact with. I have never felt so alone :-(
Old 13th September 2017, 20:58

Mood
Relaxed

Default Re: Need a hug

Yes, it's difficult when you need some one on one time.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:02

Mood
Dead

I've never felt like this and I genuinely don't know what to do or how to handle this feeling for needing that human contact from someone who cares
Old 13th September 2017, 21:21

Mood
Sad

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. I don't know how to help - I just know how you feel. Even though I have friends, they almost never hug me. I must give off a vibe. And I never initiate because it feels too awkward for my body.

The other day I was talking to my friend who lives abroad and telling her how lonely I felt and how, like you, I really need contact from someone who cares. I started crying as I messaged her, saying I just wanted a hug but no one ever hugs me.

You're not alone in this feeling...but hopefully it will at least come and go and there will be times when you can be ok.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:29

Mood
Dead

Thanks Reeba. I know how to deal with anxiety or the mild bouts of depression. I know I just have to ride it out and the feeling will pass. But this, this feels different.
Old 13th September 2017, 21:40

Mood
Musical

I feel very lonely when i'm feeling down, which then makes me think of how little i have in life, but i try to fill my time with an interest of mine. Any way to keep yourself from thinking a lot and hopefully lift your mood. I hope you feel a bit better in yourself soon.
Old 13th September 2017, 22:06

Mood
Dead

I've been spending my time just watching my favourite films which is okay while they are on but then hitshe that I'm watching them on my own.
Old 13th September 2017, 22:30

Mood
Dead

^ that's great. People are often too proud or scared to asked for hugs. At least one good things can come out if this
Old 13th September 2017, 22:50

Mood
Musical

I hug my dog sometimes, but he soon wants to get away and sees any attention as a chance to get some more food out of me.
Old 13th September 2017, 23:12

Mood
Dead

You're very lucky to have a dog. I'd love one but I'm a rented property and I'm not allowed any pets
Old 13th September 2017, 23:13

Mood
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by john smith
I can relate. Never thought I would actually feel lonely as I have been by myself pretty much my entire life but living in a small flat by myself for 3+ years now it does feel lonely at times.
Feeling lonely was the one thing that scared me when I was growing up. And I can't believe that I've found myself here feeling it.
Old 14th September 2017, 07:01
Banned at own request

I feel the same. Apart from my two kids I never get hugs and it just isn't the same, obviously as a tight squeeze from another grown up. Sometimes it's so bad I have to hug my pillows.
Hope this feeling passes for you Brokengirl, or some nice kind empathetic soul gives you a huge hug. Take care
Old 14th September 2017, 09:16

Mood
Spooky

I'm also hugless, not sure what the answer is. Although I'm thinking maybe there's a market here for Rent-a-Hug if anyone is interested
Old 14th September 2017, 10:30

I can't offer an easy solution to this, but I notice some posts talk about watching films and TV as a distraction from loneliness. Just speaking personally I find that's fine, but it's very passive, and if there's anything a bit more creative, or physical, or engaged that you can do, it can make you feel more fulfilled. You don't need to be good at this thing, just interested enough to give it a go. At the end of the day you can say to yourself, well I started learning to draw/to learn Spanish/join a gym/do that online course on climate change/volunteer at that hospital etc. etc. etc. It makes a day feel less lost and wasted, and I believe it takes some of the sting out of loneliness. And if might lead to great things!
Old 14th September 2017, 14:00

Mood
Dead

Thanks everyone for trying to help. I really do appreciate it. But actually I don't deserve it. Any of it. I'm aware now it's because of me. Because of the way I behave. I've booked myself in for counselling even though I cant really afford it right now. And it's not till next Tuesday so I just hope I don't go completely crazy before then.
Old 14th September 2017, 15:12
Banned at own request

You do deserve all the nice things people have said, because it's not YOU that behaves a certain way, it's the ANXIETY.
I had a friend that pushed me away and I would still be friends again if they wanted to because I know they were just scared and frightened of being hurt.
Don't blame yourself for Brokengirl, and you will always find support here. Take care
Old 14th September 2017, 22:56

Mood
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo
You do deserve all the nice things people have said, because it's not YOU that behaves a certain way, it's the ANXIETY.
I had a friend that pushed me away and I would still be friends again if they wanted to because I know they were just scared and frightened of being hurt.
Don't blame yourself for Brokengirl, and you will always find support here. Take care
Surely that's because you know that the they pushed you away because of the anxiety. Most people don't understand that
Old 14th September 2017, 23:43

Mood
Alienated

Distractions basically

Half of me wants to act all manly (whatever that actually means) and say I don't need no damn hugging I don't have any feelings or anything like that!

The other half of me is trying to accept I'm very very very lacking on human interaction, and I'd frankly not mind receiving some hugs as I don't remember the last year I had one.

But, I don't really see how

So yeah, distractions
Old 15th September 2017, 04:57

I hope things improve for you soon.
Old 15th September 2017, 09:37

Mood
Dead

Toxic, I don't think there is anything wrong with a guy wanting a hug. It doesn't make you any less manly

Thanks newbs16. But I can't see things improving anytime soon
Old 15th September 2017, 10:48

Mood
Musical

That's a good positive step booking in for a counselling session. I hope it goes well and that it helps you feel clearer on how to move forward. Your wellbeing is the most important thing over anything else at the moment, and finding the best way to lessen/combat the anxiety. One step at a time.
Old 15th September 2017, 11:18

Mood
Dead

I actually went to the samaritans walk in centre yesterday and that helped a lot. Keep me going till Tuesday and in the mean time I can work out what it is I want to work through with her.
Old 15th September 2017, 11:36

^ That is very brave of you, well done.
Old 15th September 2017, 12:06

Mood
Dead

I didn't know about them either until I Google them to find the number. And something else I didn't know about them, I always thought they were there for people that were suicidal. But they aren't. They are there for everyone who is just generally feeling low and needs to talk to someone. I wish I had known that before.
Old 19th September 2017, 20:38
Banned

for what it's worth, hugs
Old 20th September 2017, 02:25

Mood
Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbander
for what it's worth, hugs
Thanks. I'm still in need of one
Old 20th September 2017, 12:33

Mood
Lonely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenGirl
Thanks. I'm still in need of one
I know what you mean .... just sometimes wanna talk or vent or just have a hug ... i do have family but not sure why their concern just doesn't resonate properly

I'd started having a kinda whatsapp friendship with someone who was similar to myself (same position, same feelings) and that was great for a while

Hope you find your hugee
Old 20th September 2017, 12:56

Mood
Sad

Sending massive ((hugs))

Sometimes a hug ***129303; will do it's a shame my man don't do hugs .... As I love them ..