SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th December 2009, 01:05

Mood
Fine

Default Re: How many people have met there soul mate on here?

I think they do exist, sorry, I also think I may of just met mine (not off this site or internet)

Old 25th December 2009, 06:47

Mood
Spooky

I don’t believe in soul mates, and I think the concept of ‘The One’ is a little naive. I would pity the person in this world that had drawn me as their soul mate, and good luck finding me.
Old 25th December 2009, 12:59

Mood
Inspired

In any group even one for "shy" people some people do get together . Theres a suprising number of relationships , even marriages in SA-UK. Doesnt seem to be an advantage or disadvantage if both people have SA.
Old 25th December 2009, 13:59

Mood
Fine

I had a long term relationship with someone I met off this site a few years ago (I doubt he comes here anymore or at least he says he doesn't)
It failed mainly on the grounds that I was drinking too much in order to combat SA. Doh. lol
Looking back, we were just two screwed up people living together, it would never of worked drinking or no drinking.
Old 25th December 2009, 16:23

I haven't met anyone off of SAUK, let alone my soul mate; I don't believe in soul mates anyway. I'd feel exceedingly sorry for any woman who fell in love with me, I can be a right stubborn unbearable person to live with at times. Any relationship I enter into will only end in tears
Old 25th December 2009, 23:57

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx777
Iplus can you imagine 50 odd socially anxious men chasing one socially anxious woman? That's the ratio approx...
No offence to the "singles group" on here but it's rather pointless considering the ratio of men/women.
Is that a ratio of men to woman here? there's more men.
As i thought more woman than men suffered with SA.

Or maybe you refer to single ladies / single men?
Old 26th December 2009, 15:41

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiance
i just had a quick look at the singles group. it is pure sausage fest!
the ratio of male to female is about 5 to 1

i don't know who made the group, the intentions were probably good... but in reality it was always gonna turn out this way wasn't it.

sucks for men,
great for women though. take your pick lol
The group was made by Lamb. I think I read in one of her posts that she's been sending invites out to woman to join, but by the looks of it they're just not interested lol.
Looks like SA women have no interest in dating SA men.
Old 26th December 2009, 15:52

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Ll
Is that a ratio of men to woman here? there's more men.
As i thought more woman than men suffered with SA.

Or maybe you refer to single ladies / single men?
As far as I'm aware, more women suffer from SA then what men do, but more men end up seeking help for it as it can f*** them up more then women due to society expecting men to be all masculine and what not - needless to say suffering from SA and being masculine don't go very well together.

Hence why the majority of long term singletons on here (like myself) seem to be guys.

Not that for one minute that I'm suggesting women on here have it easier then men lol (perish the thought!).
Old 26th December 2009, 15:57

Mood
Mellow

Quote:
Looks like SA women have no interest in dating SA men.
Umm, sorry to be blunt but the reason people come to this forum is about social anxiety obviously, not to be picked up for a date. Dating is the last thing on most people minds when dealing with social anxiety and other related problems.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:33

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by afx777
Umm, sorry to be blunt but the reason people come to this forum is about social anxiety obviously, not to be picked up for a date. Dating is the last thing on most people minds when dealing with social anxiety and other related problems.
Actually, one of the main reasons I joined this site is in the hope that I'd eventually make some friends with 'my own kind' so to speak, and yes, also because of the remote possibility that maybe, just maybe, I'd finally get some dating/relationship action out of it somewhere along the line.
From reading through some of the above posts it's clear that it does happen from time to time on these kind of sites.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:38

A real man? No, we want UNreal men. Only the best will do:

PS. I have made many many good friends through SA UK, it's been wonderful in terms of me improving my social life and social confidence.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:43

Mood
Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Because like any other woman, SA woman want real men and can you blame them? I don't.

Then again, a few SA couples have succeeded, but it's still not the norm.
So are you implying the majority of SAUK men are not "real men"
Old 26th December 2009, 18:49

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Because like any other woman, SA woman want real men and can you blame them? I don't.

Then again, a few SA couples have succeeded, but it's still not the norm.
I don't blame them to be honest. I can see why nervous men wouldn't be a great turn on for women, even SA women.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:51

Quote:
Part of being a real man is being assertive and socially confident, and to lack that in comparison to most men, is obvii going to be lacking in appeal to the opposite sex.

There are plenty of real men on SAUK too so it obvii doesn't always follow.
Surely you can't presume to speak on the entire behalf of the opposite sex on what they find attractive? Even the concept of a 'real' man is nonsense.
Old 26th December 2009, 18:53

Mood
Spaced

Cynic knows everything about human interaction and the thoughts of both men and women, why would you even think to argue with his gospel truths?
Old 26th December 2009, 18:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex76
I don't blame them to be honest. I can see why nervous men wouldn't be a great turn on for women, even SA women.
The SA is not presumed to be part of their personality. That's like saying a man in a wheelchair is unattractive to ALL women. Sure, it might put some women off, but certainly not all.

The attitude of SA men never getting anywhere in life is a very unhealthy one and one that never seems to go away on this forum. :rolleyes:
Old 26th December 2009, 18:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastra
Cynic knows everything about human interaction and the thoughts of both men and women, why would you even think to argue with his gospel truths?
Old 26th December 2009, 19:05

Quote:
There is a Singles group on here (of which I'm a member of), but there are only 27 members on it and most of them seem to be guys.
Where is this singles group hiding out?
Old 26th December 2009, 19:11

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
The SA is not presumed to be part of their personality. That's like saying a man in a wheelchair is unattractive to ALL women. Sure, it might put some women off, but certainly not all.

The attitude of SA men never getting anywhere in life is a very unhealthy one and one that never seems to go away on this forum. :rolleyes:
I never said it would put all women off - I'm not as cynical as Cynic!
What I'm saying, and where I'm agreeing with Cynic to an extent is that I don't blame the one's that it does put off.
But I'm certainly a very long way off giving up on getting anywhere in life.
Old 26th December 2009, 19:13

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannysbabe
Where is this singles group hiding out?
If you click on my profile you should beable to get on it that way
Old 26th December 2009, 19:31

Quote:
I never said it would put all women off - I'm not as cynical as Cynic!
What I'm saying, and where I'm agreeing with Cynic to an extent is that I don't blame the one's that it does put off.
But I'm certainly a very long way off giving up on getting anywhere in life.
Point taken.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:04

SA UK majority:
Cynic: :monkey:
SA UK majority: Cynic are you listening?

Cynic:
Old 26th December 2009, 20:06

Quote:
C'mon. It isn't rocket science. Men look for x in a woman, and women look for y in a man. It all comes down to natural selection - something which *no* human being will ever overcome.
What x and y are depend on the individual man/woman.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:06

Mood
Inspired

I have only ever fancied 1 guy from this forum. Infact 2, 1 for personality, 1 for looks (he was rly fit in my eyes) but i stopped talking to 1..because of my own stupidity. I realised we didn't click when we spoke anyways, i was far too quiet, and it would've gone downhill. And i just really liked him i think anyhow, maybe not in a 'i wana shag you' way.

With me i only mean in a friendly way, if its possible to fancy someone, in a kinda not 'i wana shag you' way but 'i like you coz yr nice'

So tbh i doubt i'd meet anyone with sa, on any sa forum, any sa thing at all, for me it's been hard to find people i have got on with (i've hardly lookd) but i am hardly looking anyways.

Maybe if i realise well when i realise nobody normal will ever accept me, then i would look for sa people.

Btw, i don't think any man even wants a shy lass. It's just too boring & awkward. Okay i am not always quiet, but if any other people are on the scene i soon shush, puts everyone off. :rolleyes: i mean what the hell would they all tyhink. Because they wouldn't know i had sa, i'd just say i was shy. Most people that don't know what this is probably haven't a clue what it is.

Btw, cnic! shoosh, your views are depressing. I hope that one day i do find a man, i think most here want to find someone as well, most people are probably lonely, putting everyone down by saying we aint got what every guy or lass wants is not helping tbh, it might be what you think..but actually i'm not sure i agree now. There must be a chance for everyone on here, it's only social anxiety fs. We can all overcome it if we try a think
Old 26th December 2009, 20:15

Mood
Inspired

Quote:
Not even nervous, but under-confident is a dealbreaker for +90% of women.
Okay where does that stat come from? Head of cynic?

Need evidence cynic!

I would go with an underconfident man, maybe that is what i like, for them not to be too confident. popular, lad type..oh noo..i wuld hate that..if that is all i could get (wrong a lad like that wouldnt come near me) then i'd give up

I must be in the minority according to you..honestly though 90%.

I tbh havnt got any fantasy man in ma mind, coz it's someone i havnt even met yet..for all i know i could meet a lad tomorrow. I won't but ygm.
Old 26th December 2009, 20:37

Mood
Inspired

Bloody hell.

Quote:
Plenty of guys like shy lassies.
Okay.

Quote:
But realistic.
Yeah..

Quote:
I haven't put anyone down.
Well, i felt that when i read it, maybe others did, then again maybe they didn't

Quote:
Mibbe, except me of course.
Shuuush
Old 26th December 2009, 20:37
Banned

Quote:
C'mon. It isn't rocket science. Men look for x in a woman, and women look for y in a man. It all comes down to natural selection - something which *no* human being will ever overcome.
Your 'notion' of a 'real' man is basically stupid. Obviously what you have in your head about what women look for in a guy is different for each women yet you have grouped all women together thinking they are looking for the same qualities in a man!
You said that men will like shy women but why can't women like shy guys who are'nt that extroverted.
You should stop trying to view or base relationships and what women want in general with your own personal experinces with women which i guess has'nt been good due to your past postson them which i have read.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:37

Mood
Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2oShawtyo9
i don't think any man even wants a shy lass
Admittedly, I don’t set out looking for a shy lady friend, but I do like shy girls. Unfortunately I’ve never met a girl that likes shy men; I have heard they exist though.

I do believe that a ‘typical’ girl (as I don’t want to generalize) will tend to be more attracted to confident men. It’s the whole caveman thing; where ladies want to mate with the strongest leader of the pack who is most likely to support and protect her and so on.
Alas, a strong leader I be not.
Old 26th December 2009, 21:44

Quote:
Next time you're in a bar or a club, just look at how "different" the men and women are. They all come across like clones to me. :rolleyes:
But I'm guessing somehow that most of us here don't visit many bars or clubs. I don't understand how you clump everyone, especially 'women' together in such a homogenous way, when every person is manifoldly different and uniquely nuanced
Old 26th December 2009, 21:44

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Next time you're in a bar or a club, just look at how "different" the men and women are. They all come across like clones to me. :rolleyes:
Of course they do if you don't even bother talking to them, and besides I usually go to rock/indie places where that is most definitely not the case. If you base your opinion on such a narrow range of experiences then it is inevitable that it won't apply to everything, the only problem is that you have to actually go outside that comfort zone in order to be proved wrong (and you seem to have little interest in that anyway, I just wish you could stop bringing other people down).
Closed Thread