Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th December 2022, 16:57

Mood
Balanced

Default Reflecting on 2022

Between Christmas and New Year I always like to reflect on the year just gone and think about the good and not so good of 2022.

I think about personal things as well as things that happened in wider society.

Highlights
Finally graduating as an undergraduate in April
Wales qualifying for the World Cup in 64 years
Starting a Masters Degree

Lowlights
Wales performance at the World Cup
More physical health issues this year than normal
Dropping out of teacher training

I tried to keep the list balanced even though I could put down so much more challenging stuff from 2022.

Is anyone else like this? Anyone got any of their own? (They don't have to be personal)

Goodbye 2022 and Hello 2023
Old 30th December 2022, 17:38

Default Re: Reflecting on 2022

there's some answers here:
https://www.social-anxiety-community...t=94182&page=3

Been a mixed year for me. But I hope to make 2023 a bit stronger.
Old 30th December 2022, 18:57

Highlights
* Attending sauk meets and not chickening out at the last minute!
* Almost completing my masters studies (finish in Feb)
* Making a gnome out of clay
* Discovering podcasts (after initially not understanding what all the fuss is about)

Lowlights
* my ears getting worse
* struggling with covid anxiety, particularly at the beginning of the year - but that seemed to have a lessened a bit after catching it and from being out and about more
* general anxiety being generally annoying and flaring up regularly
Old 30th December 2022, 19:11

covid anxiety- ain't that the truth
Old 31st December 2022, 10:34

^ it can be all consuming
Old 9th January 2023, 11:34

Mood
Spaced

Thumbs up Re: Reflecting on 2022

I'm going a bit late into this thread, but I feel like it's great to reflect on things to better ground yourself.

What good things happened in 2022:
-Oh boy, so much has happened. SO MUCH. Literally moved to this country from America on the day of January 3rd! I celebrated my England-versary by buying discounted rum cakes from my new job (how can I say no to 10p).
-On that subject, it's pretty amazing to think of all I went through to get here. Getting a visa throughout much of 2021 was immensely stressful, but from what I hear it may be even worse now (even though it was in the middle of the COVID pandemic and I had huge delays!!!). The fact that I made it through that whole ordeal, adulted myself appropriately to fill out paperwork and make appointments and go on medication, I'm amazed and proud of myself! Also the whole process of moving internationally with all my luggage and getting out of my apartment, I don't know how I did it haha, but I did!
-Got officially MARRIED to my husband FINALLY!!! After 15+ years of a long distance relationship.
-Said goodbye to my dog. This is also the "bad" part of the year, but honestly I just feel so grateful that I could say goodbye to him before he passed away... I really feel like he was waiting for me.
-Made steps to combat my anxiety. It's hard for me to make that leap, so I'm proud of myself for making the small steps towards helping myself.
-Got my very first car and it's cute as hell. I bought a yellow mini cooper clubman 2008 early in 2022. I don't drive, but my husband zips around with us everywhere. Love it. Maybe someday I can be able to drive it in the future.
-Got a new job. It's ... a sucky place to work not gonna lie lol! But hey it's something. XD
-Reconnected more with my Dad. I've had a complicated history with him, but after moving I feel like I've been able to connect better with him in some ways.

The bad of 2022:
-Moving was a bit too stressful for my anxiety-riddled brain to handle! So I've been having some pretty bad dips in anxiety and mental health as a result. :/ Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to finally be here, but I think the shock was a lot to handle for me. I'm on meds though as I mentioned above ^ so things are getting better for me.
-Got COVID from the first plane ride to here. -_- It almost ruined our court wedding (as it was still strict at the time), but our officiator helped us out bless her. The symptoms weren't bad for me as I've been triple vaxxed, but the stress of not knowing what was going to happen to our plans was so immensely stressful. I cried so much.
-My dog passed away. As I mentioned above. ^
-Anxiety!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's all the big stuff.

I hope everyone has a great year! For me it's the year of the rabbit (my year ) so I know it's going to be so good. Have a good 2023 everyone!!!
Old 9th January 2023, 11:39

^ sorry to hear about your dog... at least you had a lot of good things happen last year too.
Old 9th January 2023, 11:43

Mood
Spaced

Thank you. It was really rough to say goodbye, but it's a complex feeling of gratefulness that I was granted the chance to say goodbye to him before his passing.

And yes, definitely!
Old 9th January 2023, 18:36

Mood
Notamused

^^^ Congratulations on getting married. I wish you all the best. 15 years yikes! that's tough, I only managed one for about a year and a half. Didn't work out...

Sorry to hear about your dog, must have been a huge loss.
Old 9th January 2023, 19:03

Mood
Notamused

Highlights:
Moving from a third floor flat in a rough area into a ground floor flat with a small garden in a better area with people who are friendly. Had I stayed where I was I wouldn't be typing this.
My sister and brother in law helping us move, they did most of it as I was unable for various reasons.
Still living (I guess it's a highlight)

Lowlights:
Chronic health issues.

In hell...