Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th May 2020, 09:04

Mood
Bored

Default Boring job

Has anybody got any tips on how to cope with a boring job such as mine, as the job is repetitive I don't have to think about what I am doing, so my mind wanders and I am thinking about different things,and because of anxiety and related issues these thoughts are mostly negative, so I have eight and a half hours to think about things, I try to think positive, but eight and a half hours of no distractions and just living in my head is erm doing my head in!
Old 9th May 2020, 11:03

Default Re: Boring job

Are you able to get away with wearing earphones, or at least one discreet earbud?
Old 10th May 2020, 21:51

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen.
Are you able to get away with wearing earphones, or at least one discreet earbud?
Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately not allowed to wear earphones, supervisors etc around so can't even be discreet.
Old 10th May 2020, 22:39

Mood
Tired

I find that music helps me through my day,
I usually have Spotify on all day on my PC,

Other than that, I sometimes try watching my breath mindfulness when I remember, that is.

I get the bored thing too,...sometimes a boring job can feel soul destroying, so I sometimes try and do something for myself, like a side DIY project or looking up the odd instructional video or article online,

Can also be good if you can squeeze in some form of exercise into your working day,.. just makes it feel like you've got something else going on for yourself rather than the company
Old 11th May 2020, 00:21

It depends on your role, what is it you do OP? I've done various sorts of pretty menial work, but the general thing that works for me is doing the best job I can, and throwing myself into the work as much as I can.
Old 11th May 2020, 06:58

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Kzov
It depends on your role, what is it you do OP? I've done various sorts of pretty menial work, but the general thing that works for me is doing the best job I can, and throwing myself into the work as much as I can.
Thanks for the replies.
It's a factory repetitive role.
Old 12th May 2020, 01:08

^ can you get involved in any other bits of the work? Or ask more questions, as a start?

Maybe make more effort with interacting at work? It needn't be that much to start with, just asking more questions about people. Their weekends, evenings, hobbies, where they're based, and so on.
Old 13th May 2020, 07:03

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Kzov
^ can you get involved in any other bits of the work? Or ask more questions, as a start?

Maybe make more effort with interacting at work? It needn't be that much to start with, just asking more questions about people. Their weekends, evenings, hobbies, where they're based, and so on.
Thanks for the reply.
I can talk to people during breaks, but while working am not able to.
Earlier this year I was thinking about leaving, but now with what's going on I don't know, when business's started to shut down I was hoping for a bit of a break, but the company didn't close so have had to keep going to work.
Old 13th May 2020, 23:52

^ No worries :-)

hmm, it's a tough one. I'd err with sticking at the job, because of everything that's going on, as you say. And it's always easier to get another job when you're already in one.

What kind of worries are you having? Maybe it would help to try and address them? Have a plan for how you'll take some action with what you're worried about?
Old 31st May 2020, 10:51

Mood
Bored

Thanks for the reply, my worries are people take people away and i feel better.