Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th July 2011, 18:53

Default Re: 'Elle' magazine article

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggydog
I once went to the 'Shyness clinic' (anyone else been there?!) and the first thing the guy said was,' What makes you think you're so special?' Jeez.
I have never been there, but I remember some years ago (maybe 10) hearing bad things about the place and disparaging remarks about Walter Friedman who I think runs the place. I attended the first ever SAUK meeting, and I am sure Friedman was there giving a talk. I remember thinking (and I wasn't the only one) that he didn't seem to really understand SA. That said, his clinic is still running, so maybe they are doing something right...
Old 20th July 2011, 18:59

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: 'Elle' magazine article

I read this - it's written form a non sa perpesctive so perhaps that gives us an understanding of how we are perceived. The term selfish imoplies is controversial as it suggests acertain level of ignorance with regards to mental illness- if you can't see it it isnt there and is infatc your fault ignoring the human difference/ genetics and herediatry dispositon to it. The again if they are "normal" it wouldnt hurt to try and see things from their point of view to aid your own recovery if you have a desire to be socially accepted?
Closed Thread