Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th April 2015, 20:57

Mood
Spooky

Default Got There in the End

When I first discovered this site I was single and ridiculously shy and a little pathetic – but I was somewhat positive and kept myself occupied with various hobbies.

Since then I was in a relationship for two years with an alcoholic who forced me to watch her try and kill herself day after day, often forgetting who I was whilst I cleaned up after her. Then I entered a new relationship with someone that made me give up all my hobbies and friends, she was very abusive towards me (and don’t judge men bullied by their partners unless you’ve been there). She kicked me out when I lost my job whilst she then declared her love to other men.

I was finally free of her and started to see other people but then she discovered she was pregnant with my child and thus dragged me back to her, and she contacted everyone I was talking to and convinced them that I was cheating on her with them. She was carrying my child so I stayed with her anyway.

The abuse continued, I looked forward to working just to get away from her, but then I started getting bullied at work by my supervisor, so the only escape I had in life was travelling back and forth to work and home. I wasn’t allowed to drink so I couldn’t even use that as an escapism like I used to. I was dead inside, I know people say that a lot these days but I really had just given up, the only thing I had in my life was my daughter, other than that I just worked, cleaned, worked, cleaned.

I let myself get into this situation because all my life I have done. I’ve always let people walk over me, make me feel stupid, and ugly, that I actually believed I was lucky to have these girlfriends because at least on the outside, I looked normal.

I am pleased to say this is all behind me now. I’m no longer with the girls mentioned above. I met someone, she rescued me, and I’ve never been happier in my life. She is my love and my best friend, and I have my hobbies back now.

I guess the positive in all of my previous relationships is that I’m confident now, it made my mind stronger, I don’t feel ugly and stupid anymore, and I genuinely don’t feel the need for people to tell me so. I recently found myself standing up to people that have tried to bully me, I’m not shy or afraid to make a scene in order to stand up for myself.

I’d say that my social anxiety is mostly gone, I still have my moments, but I never run away from anything now, physically and emotionally. Also I still get to see my daughter quite often.

I just wanted to say that I recently heard a quote that made me smile, and its simplicity just adds to its charm.
I wanted to share it.

“Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end”
Old 30th April 2015, 21:04

Default Re: Got There in the End

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Boo
I am pleased to say this is all behind me now. I’m no longer with the girls mentioned above. I met someone, she rescued me, and I’ve never been happier in my life. She is my love and my best friend, and I have my hobbies back now.
This part really made me smile

I'm glad things are going so well for you.
Old 30th April 2015, 21:10

That's awesome, Boo. Really glad things are going so well for you, and I love that quote!
Old 30th April 2015, 21:25
Banned at own request

Quote:
(and don***8217;t judge men bullied by their partners unless you***8217;ve been there)
word ! True Dat, and all the things people say when they agree but wont say why.

Nice one and thanks for posting it, people need to hear the good results. That is a really good quote.
Old 1st May 2015, 01:00

Mood
Lurking

I remember you from some time back on sauk.

It sounds like you've been through an awful lot, so it's great to hear how much better things are for you now.

No one with any clue about life would judge you over being bullied by those ex-partners. I've also been on the receiving end of some pretty horrendous mental and physical abuse and violence from some previous girlfriends, so I can vouch for just how awful a situation it can be to deal with. It's a vile and horrible thing to deal with, no matter what sex we are and what sex the perpetrator. I'm just glad to hear you are out of all that now.

The inspiring thing I take from your post is how those experiences not only did not break you, you came back stronger.

It sounds like your new love is a keeper. I wish you both all the happiness in the world. All the best for your future together.
Old 1st May 2015, 02:05

Glad things are on the up for you
Old 1st May 2015, 10:29

Mood
Spooky

Thank you everyone for the kind words I wasn't expecting a reply lol
Old 2nd May 2015, 09:32

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am so pleased that you're now happy and your life has improved well done, it couldn't of been easy but you have come a long way x
Old 2nd May 2015, 13:59

I found your experiences really very moving to read and the fact that you came through all of those horrendous times a much stronger person is truly inspiring. I wish you and your lovely partner and of course your little girl a happy future together

The quote "Everything will be okay in the end. If it's not okay it's not the end" actually brought a tear to my eye. Thank you so much, Random Boo, for sharing your story here