SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th November 2007, 18:53

Mood
Brooding

Question Going on hols with my agoraphobic boyf - any advice?

He'll be getting on a plane which he absolutely hates and I'm going to have to be really reassuring, calm and understanding as he's actually managed to bite the bullet and come on holiday with me for the first time in three years... so I actually feel pretty humbled that he is making the effort for me. I think it's a very sweet thing to do and must show how much he cares.

HOWEVER... I will be pretty annoyed if he can't relax completely and enjoy himself a bit while we're there. We're only going for four days to Rome and it should be great, but I know that all he will be thinking about is the flight back! Any advice on how to reassure him and calm him down in case things get too bad?! Or will I just have to try and remain sympathetic and not lose my rag if he ends up being all surly and ruining the holiday?
Old 16th November 2007, 19:08

Default Re: Going on hols with my agoraphobic boyf - any advice?

I do know that agoraphobics don't like surprises. They like to have a set plan when out and get more anxious if plans are suddenly changed at the last moment. one good thing about being in a completely new environment is that your boyfriend will have no memories of past panics there (memories of past panics can make you anxious). Hope you both enjoy yourselves.
Closed Thread