SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 21st January 2011, 00:52

Default Re: What is a woman's expectation of a date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim
I think you know me well enough
After reading some of your comments ITT, I can definately say I don't know you at all.
Old 21st January 2011, 00:52

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMouse
Aww, poor you, I bet it's usually the 18 stone munter friend doing the dragging away n'est pas?
No they are the ones I'm chatting up
Old 21st January 2011, 09:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfemptyglass
Just bringing us back to the dating part, I would like to say I expect there to be no fights on the date. No one hitting any one, no one starting on strangers, no one getting killed. Is that too much to ask?
Sounds reasonable to me, but then I never start fights because I am physically pretty weak and so I would lose.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:18

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by seth brundle
i'm just one random **** off a website for nutters.

Old 21st January 2011, 14:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by hux
I don't do it anymore but when my SA was very bad, i would never say a word to anyone opening a door for me (male or female) i would just walk on in terror and hope they didn't look at me, notice me, force me to talk - i'm surprised women on here with SA haven't considered this - i would have thought there might be some greater insight
Maybe this should be a separate thread (in Basement I would imagine, since it is bound to attract the extremes of opinion): "Is SA a justifiable excuse for bad manners?"
Old 21st January 2011, 15:06

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
Maybe this should be a separate thread (in Basement I would imagine, since it is bound to attract the extremes of opinion): "Is SA a justifiable excuse for bad manners?"
I've often come across this Dory,.. you too?..

people misinterpret my reluctance in social engagement as a rebuff of some sort and take offence,.

whereas, from my side, whatever I've done has always been done more or less entirely in consideration of the other person, and done to respect my perception of their sensibilities.

one of my neighbours was always asking me in for coffee, or something,
she was always asking if I wanted a hand in the garden and so on,..
I always said no as i was thinking of what horrible company I was and so was sparing her from enduring that, and out of sympathy for her, as she may have found it a better all-round experience to be alone, rather than have the creepy ineptitude that is me for company,
I always declined her offers of help as I didn't want her to be burdened with my work-load as well as her own,..so, in my mind, I was always thinking of her best interests,..
it wasn't until several years later that she inadvertently let it slip that she had always taken these refusals of coffe, cake, beer,..whatever as a negative rebuttal, and was often offended by my behaviour,..
Old 21st January 2011, 18:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfemptyglass
Just bringing us back to the dating part, I would like to say I expect there to be no fights on the date. No one hitting any one, no one starting on strangers, no one getting killed. Is that too much to ask?

jeez you must have been on some shocking dates!
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:12

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
That would mean dodging all late bars/clubs as they're full of the scum that D/docus described.
You've hit the nail on the head.

[GeneralizationAlert] Late-night bars/clubs are a meat-market of loutish poseurs and peacocks whose alcohol intake has stripped away whatever veneer of civility they might have originally possessed. [/GeneralizationAlert]

Of course I'm not referring to people on this forum who go to late-night bars/clubs.
Old 23rd January 2011, 14:25

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover
[GeneralizationAlert] Late-night bars/clubs are a meat-market of loutish poseurs and peacocks whose alcohol intake has stripped away whatever veneer of civility they might have originally possessed. brought out what was there beneath the surface[/GeneralizationAlert]
Old 23rd January 2011, 23:27

^ What's the difference? The veneer of civility has been stripped away to reveal what was lurking beneath the surface.
Old 24th January 2011, 09:42
Banned

Mood
Lonely

Take her to the pictures and try and get her to have a drink before and after to loosen up the nerves. Nothing too heavy for a first date you don't have to be a charmer or anything. In fact your awkwardness may work in your favour if she is the sort of person who doesn't like flash git's or charmers. Say whatever comes into your head as long as it's not offputting or sexist or anything like that.
Old 24th January 2011, 12:59

Mood
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelFendersson
^ What's the difference? The veneer of civility has been stripped away to reveal what was lurking beneath the surface.
people tend to use drunkeness to excuse their twatish behavior. its not the alcohol that makes you a twat, it just makes your twatishness manifest for all to see.
Closed Thread