SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 8th May 2008, 10:29
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Unhappy 24 but look 34

So i'm 24 years old, I've got two major league lines running across my forehead, the corners of my mouth have serious lines. My eyes look tired and have bags despite comfortable hours of sleep. I hate it. Girls my age think i'm some kind of old pervert and god forbid if I look at an eighteen year old.
Old 8th May 2008, 17:21
Banned (at own request)

Default Re: 24 but look 34

I think maybe you are being a little paranoid? From your pic you definitely don't look 34 and you look attractive. Maybe you have dry skin? Do you moisturise? Also perhaps you could modernise your hair a little and I don't know your wardrobe, but do you wear clothes that the average 24-year-old would?

I really don't mean to be rude at all, just trying to help.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:11
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
If you had loadsa £££ then most 18-year-old birds would throw themselves at you.
Gosh, you really are cynical.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:27
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Well firstly it's a very good photo. My skin is pretty poor from stupidly picking acne as a teenager thus scarred. I do use moisteriser but scarring is scarring. I recently shaved all my hair off and look older still.
Old 8th May 2008, 18:28
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
And realistic.
What you have failed to comprehend is that a lot of 18-year-olds have enough money of their own. Why do they need a bloke to subsidise them?!
Old 8th May 2008, 18:45
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
In this corporate profit driven world, there is no such thing as "enough", besides they want to elevate their standing to their peers, so why not.
But via your own admission your entire psyche is cynical therefore your thinking is not really rational : )
Old 8th May 2008, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSAguy
So i'm 24 years old, I've got two major league lines running across my forehead, the corners of my mouth have serious lines. My eyes look tired and have bags despite comfortable hours of sleep. I hate it. Girls my age think i'm some kind of old pervert and god forbid if I look at an eighteen year old.
sounds like the SA talking. wheres the exSA guy, come on, don't let those negative thoughts push you around. you look good.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:17
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Well firstly it's a very good photo. My skin is pretty poor from stupidly picking acne as a teenager thus scarred. I do use moisteriser but scarring is scarring. I recently shaved all my hair off and look older still.

You can have the scars removed; I'm sorry I can't remember the substance that is used by the doctors (maybe retinol?) . My cousin had it done due to acne scarring and the difference was amazing. Your skin will be very fragile for a while and you won't be able expose it to sunlight. However, basically the top layer of the skin is removed which leaves you with unblemished 'baby' skin.
Old 8th May 2008, 19:45
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

My doctor is useless lol i'm happy to look into it mind. If you could find out more i'd be extremely happy
Old 8th May 2008, 20:38

Mood
Crappy

do you smoke / drink / had lots of sun exposure?
I saw my 1st wrinkle at age 24 around my mouth, it just got worse from then on, now I look older than my age, I think it is due to alcohol and not eating healthily.
Old 8th May 2008, 20:46
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Don't smoke, rarely drink and don't see much sun. I had a lot of stress as a kid
Old 8th May 2008, 22:59

Im 25 and people usually tell me i look younger then that, however i dont agree. Its probably just because im rather short and skinny. I have some scaring from acne aswell as excema and i definitely feel like its aging me. Not only in the way i look but also because it makes me so god damn sick and tired of struggling with it.

Think retinol is one of those ingredients they put in anti-wrinkle creams, might be worth looking into. But make sure you do lots of research if you are thinking about trying to do something about scaring and such, as you will prob have to turn to private clinics.
Old 9th May 2008, 00:37

Quote:
If you had loadsa £££ then most 18-year-old birds would throw themselves at you.
Sorry to nitpick, but neither myself or my mates were remotely interested in blokes with money at that age. And we were pretty average 18 yr olds I'd say. Gorgeous, arrogant blokes who we knew would treat us like sh*t, yes...money, no.

Anyway, Ex SA guy, Jules is right, sounds like the SA talking. If you've had negative responses from the opposite sex, I doubt it's a looks thing..maybe more a confidence thing? Say what people will, confidence IS attractive.
Old 9th May 2008, 01:02
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
Sorry to nitpick, but neither myself or my mates were remotely interested in blokes with money at that age. And we were pretty average 18 yr olds I'd say. Gorgeous, arrogant blokes who we knew would treat us like sh*t, yes...money, no.
Ha ha! That is so true. I was going to write something similar. ExSAGuy, I will ring my cousin and find out what she had done; but it is entirely safe and she looks very young for her age.

However, you really do not look 34, it is, as people have said, the SA talking. However, if removing your scars makes you feel more confident then go for it.
Old 9th May 2008, 02:12

when i was in my early 20's i had really long hair and use to tie it back all the time, i was always told i looked older than i was, the hair has got shorter over the years, i smoke drink, use sunbeds occsionally, people generally think im younger than i am now, gimme another 10 years though and ill be a wrinkle old prune maybe you've not grown into your face yet, if that doesnt sound too mad
Old 9th May 2008, 04:25

Mood
Crappy

Perhaps people age at different rates at different times of the year etc, I've been said to look 6 years older than I am and my mate looks about 10 years younger than she is even though we are the same age. maybe my face will stay the same for a few years while hers ages, and we may end up looking the same age
Old 9th May 2008, 06:58
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

I'm more worried about the two major line wrinkles on my forehead but well I'll look into it. Thanks people
Old 9th May 2008, 07:42
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
I'm more worried about the two major line wrinkles on my forehead but well I'll look into it. Thanks people

Well I'll still ring my cousin for you. However, you could have botox if it bothers you that much.
Old 9th May 2008, 07:44
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
My thinking is driven purely by logic.
Logic is system of valid reasoning.

"She arrived at a philosophy of her own, all made up of her private notations and cynicisms" (Henry James)

Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread ExSAguy - that's the last I'll say on the matter.
Old 9th May 2008, 07:50
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayed
Logic is system of valid reasoning.

"She arrived at a philosophy of her own, all made up of her private notations and cynicisms" (Henry James)

Edit: Sorry to hijack your thread ExSAguy - that's the last I'll say on the matter.
Lol no it's ok cos of the bickering I got some good replies. Thanks
Old 9th May 2008, 07:54
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Lol no it's ok cos of the bickering I got some good replies. Thanks

Ha ha! Cool.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:27

If i'm honest you look in your mid twenties, I have similar probs have scars on my face from operations I had to have as a kid they've healed a lot but are still noticeable.

I know what you mean about the photo though cos ppl say i look ok but then i'll say it's a good photo, I've had women and blokes (don't ask...lol) in clubs say I look fit.. but i'll say you're on pills so your horny and everyopne looks great (hell i though i looked like the ****ing don when i looked in the mirror on them LOL), and i've had people tick me on speed dating but i'll say but the lights were really dim at the time... etc etc lmao

I've even had laser suger twice and it made it worse!!! On the plus side I'm always told I look 22 - 23 ish when i'm out and i'm a few yrs older:D

Anyway i've gone of topic..which is quite normal for me ha...

I'm starting to realise the only way forward with this is to just accept myself.... yeah, sounds easy eh?!

Mustafa
Old 9th May 2008, 13:29

Oh I forgot to add you should use aloe vera gel for your skin... there is quite a lot of nutritional stuff you can take - i'm taking wolfberriers atm, there well reknowned esp in china for anti aging properies and a ton of other things.... do a quick search on them, I was slightly depressed before and since i've been on them i've been much happier..

Cheers
Mustafa
Old 9th May 2008, 14:12
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

I'm not depressed about it (despite the smiley) i'm generally happy with the way I look. I just wish I didn't have wrinkles. At 24! But I did have a lot of stress as a kid, most of my immediate family dying before I was ten. My mum getting MS When I was three, dad died. Plus having severe SA then and worrying about EVERYTHING probably didn't help.
Old 9th May 2008, 14:49

they are probably more lines than wrinkles from expression etc. It does sound like you had a lot of stress when you were younger. Unfortunately for me my skin is just delicate I think and a little prone to dryness so tends to line quite easily. I am nearer the 34 than the 24 now though but I think I got expression lines quite early.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:48
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
I use valid reasoning, as opposed to emotion and fairytale propaganda.
You didn't even attempt to figure out my second quote. There is also such a thing as emotional intelligence - if you don't have that then you're not a well-rounded person, which means you are illogical.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:49
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Yeah but there's a difference between a cool and sexy 'war wound' scar and liberal facial acne scarring. Anyway main problem are the wrinkles, expression lines, whatever. Supposed to be for old people right?
Old 10th May 2008, 20:33

You should be grateful, you still have hair.

When that baby falls out add another +10 years.

Speaking from experience.
Closed Thread