SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th January 2017, 16:54

Default Really depressed and struggling to cope.

Hey everyone. Having a really tough time at the moment and just need some support and advice. I just feel so alone. Just over a week ago me and my boyfriend broke up and im just not coping very well, we have a 3 year old together who is really hard work and we live together which is really hard because i still love him. We were together 6 years and been through a lot. Any advice on dealing with? I have no one i can talk to.

Please reply
Love Shygirl xxxxxxxxxx
Old 16th January 2017, 18:07

Location: countryside in the wiltshire/hampshire/berkshire borders
Default Re: Really depressed and struggling to cope.

Ajax Amsterdam is usually the best at giving advice for this type of thing.
I take it it's your boyfriend that's broken up with you, Shygirl?
If you say the two of you have "been through a lot", does that mean you've fallen out before and got back together? Is this any different than previously? What are the prospects of getting back "together"?
Does he own the property you live in? If not - and if he's serious about breaking up - seems to me it's he who should be looking for somewhere to go.
Has he got anywhere else to go to? If so, then (again, if he's serious about breaking up) I'd expect him to move out.
If he's adamant there's no chance of getting back together then imo you should ask him to move out - as it will be easier for both of you in the long run.
If not adamant, then is he the type who's punishing you for a while before getting back together?