SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th January 2012, 12:07

Default Citralopram feeling high dilated pupils

hi all i took them for 2 day now and my pupils are almost all black very dilated and i feel euphoric i dont know if this is supposed to happen?
Old 28th January 2012, 12:18

Default Re: Citralopram feeling high dilated pupils

the reason i asked was i think others here are on the same drug for anxiety? i would like to know if people experience same thing as i cannot keep going to docters as they get annoyed.
Old 28th January 2012, 12:25

just dilated pupils can be sign of serotonin syndrome but i cant see my docter again or they will get annoyed so i dunno what to do maybe it will pass?
Old 1st February 2012, 00:08

Mood
Sleepy

I was prescribed those a few years ago and I came off them after a month. Unfortunately I was nothing like you...I felt like a zombie, would feel an itch and five minutes later I'd realise I still hadn't scratched it even though in my head I had done. I would go to bed at 7pm and get up next day at 6pm then back to bed at 7pm. I felt no emotion whatsoever, you could have told me my whole family had died and I would have just looked at you and not cared. It was super crappy and thought I'd rather feel terrible than feel nothing at all. But think am one of the unlucky few to have such bad side-effect.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidWithTheChemicals
I feel like the only person who hasn't had any real effects off them, apart from feeling sick the first week. I came off them purely because after 6-7 weeks I got frustrated with them, I'd have better luck taking smarties. (I was put on 40mg, which also did bugger all)
sorry to hear that, they make me feel really tired so far my anxiety isnt much better still have bad panic attacks and paranoid thoughts. and my pupils go crazy big heh.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by enilorac
I was prescribed those a few years ago and I came off them after a month. Unfortunately I was nothing like you...I felt like a zombie, would feel an itch and five minutes later I'd realise I still hadn't scratched it even though in my head I had done. I would go to bed at 7pm and get up next day at 6pm then back to bed at 7pm. I felt no emotion whatsoever, you could have told me my whole family had died and I would have just looked at you and not cared. It was super crappy and thought I'd rather feel terrible than feel nothing at all. But think am one of the unlucky few to have such bad side-effect.

yeh i defiently feel tired enough but i wish i had the feeling of not caring then i probably wouldnt have anxiety.
Old 1st February 2012, 13:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlaine
I have been on Citalopram for over 3 years now, and I am now on 40mg.
It took at least 2 months before I began to feel the positive effects. I find the longer you take them, the better you feel and the less the side effects.
I had a short break off them a few weeks ago and tried something else, and they didn't suit, so I went back on Citalopram. I find the 40mg for me is amazing. Sometimes I do feel a little bit zombified, but never 'high' however I would rather feel like that then the awful anxiety I get.
I have never noticed that my eyes look big on these tablets. Some tablets will have that effect on the eyes. I know that Paroxetine did, when I used to take them in the past.
what doseage did you start out on?

ive heard this drug is fine to stay on for long time years, with no bad side effects.
Old 1st February 2012, 13:26

Mood
Sunshine

ive just started taking a drug for anxiety and depression called sertraline, been on it for 3 weeks now, seems to be working abit but its making me really lazy and like a zombie at times plus im having memory loss :-/
Old 1st February 2012, 13:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlaine
I started off on 20mg and gradually increased every so often. My gp kept a check on me as I went up through the doses. I had my blood pressure taken every so often.
The only downside I find, is that if I have the tablets without food, then they give me awful stomach ache.
I did go up to 60mg and I was fine on that dose, however gp's will no longer prescribe 60mg due to people having heart problems on that amount. This is only a recent finding.
ok thanks for your help