SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 3rd November 2005, 21:51
cammie

Default Unhappy

Just realised recently after 20+ years that I have been suffering from SAD. I have been off my work for 5 months but had to force myself to go back because of money. Always felt everyone was better than me, but find it hard to talk to anyone about it (always thought it was lack of confidence). Work has been good so far since I returned this week, moved me to a more quiet area in the office, different work etc, but feel even more that everyone is looking at me or talking about me. Due to see psychologist sometime in the next year. Don't want to be like this any more, want to enjoy myself, my husband and my children, instead of struggling to deal with people and everyday situations (would rather be hiding in a log cabin far from everyday life).

Old 3rd November 2005, 22:30

Default Re: Unhappy

Sorry to hear it hasn't been good but I'm glad to hear that you're starting to make sense of it all, and that work has been better. Good luck with psychologist next year - I hope you keep posting between now and then.
Old 3rd November 2005, 22:44

You sound like your heading in the right direction Cammie.
Old 3rd November 2005, 22:52

Hi Cammie,

20 years..that is a long time! good ur going to c someone about it. Will u have to wait long in the new year ? has an apt. been made?
It must be pretty hard in the job but when u are at work, remember there are people just like u !! i am saying it because it really helps me alot when i have an sa moment to simply say that to myself..i think of this forum and think that we all have similar issues with sa and that makes me realize that wow we are kinda like a team here, a secret team....it does make me feel stronger for that moment!

Pls post more often in here, it might help u.
Also would love to mail with u if ur interested (farah_rose9@yahoo.com)

TC
Closed Thread