SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 14th September 2018, 16:49

Unhappy New job and bdd

Hello everyone,

I am starting my new job as a receptionist tomorrow... I was recently diagnosed with bdd but I***8217;ve been suffereing with it since I was very young.. I***8217;m so scared that I***8217;m going to be too anxious to do what is expected of me and it***8217;s quite a busy place I hear so I***8217;m just petrified and don***8217;t know what to do or how to feel better about it.. I just want to not be focused on how I look tomorrow and be able to concentrate on work.. as a receptionist you have to be confident and I***8217;m just not confident at all
Any coping strategies would be greatly appreciated x
Old 15th September 2018, 10:50
Membrane

Default Re: New job and bdd

Good advice from HermannHesse. Not much to add really, only what works for me, and that's concentrating on my breathing when the really bad anxiety kicks in.

When I'm anxious or stressed, especially in a work environment I tend to double check things I've typed/written or read as anxiety can make it difficult to concentrate.

Good luck!
Old 16th September 2018, 12:22

aw sorry guys I didn***8217;t realise anyone had replied! didn***8217;t get a notification or anything, took me ages to find my own post lol...
I***8217;m doing okay, and my first day went better than I thought it would, there was a nice lady with me the whole time showing me what to do and my anxiety wasn***8217;t too bad, just glad I don***8217;t have to do it on my own yet!
Old 28th September 2018, 08:57

Mood
Fine

That's wonderful Katya!
Often we tend to go by our diagnosis and forget our own strengths...
You have got this opening because people like you...
The lady helps you because you have created that space in her
Get to know things that your job requires and that will bring appreciations that would build your confidence!
Best wishes!