SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th January 2017, 16:29

Mood
Crappy

Default Really starting to dislike my mom

Like realllly dislike. She doesn't even want me to go to college. She said she wouldn't drive me there and its my fault I cant drive. I don't know what she's thinking. If you remember my earlier thread I said I was thinking about applying to a couple jobs, and I did online on their websites. Not a single email back. USA economy sucks, so much competition and I have no experience so their not gonna call me in and hire me. She doesn't even have a job.

She said I could do one online class. Its a bummer because I would like to take more than one and not waste time and I bet the class I need you cant even take online. If that's the case she will just say oh well. I also asked her if I could apply for financial aid and she said no. I asked why and she wont even give a reason. Even though it could really help.

Then she even says I should wait for my brother to finish high school and we could go to college together. The problem is he wont finish until a year and a half. So she wants me to waste more of my life.

After I tell her this she starts telling me how I have anxiety problems and should go to a doctor. This came out of no where and she has done it before just to insult me. So I start walking out to go to my room and she yells yeah leave you dumb Mexican. That is not even the race I am...

I wish the members of the religion she brought me into could hear her ignorant racist remarks. She's not a real Christian I know. I know I could have it way worse, live on streets or some kind of social security home. But id do anything to get a way from this eventually in my life.
Old 19th January 2017, 16:45

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Really starting to dislike my mom

There's a brother from the church we go to and he has been coming over once a week to study the Bible with me. This something you do for a couple of months before you get baptized. This happened three weeks ago. So the day after he had came I was reading the Bible and their was a scripture I read that I wanted to know what I meant. And their was another that I felt contradicted it. So I knew the Brother I wouldn't see him again for a couple of days.

So then I show my mom whos baptized the scripture, and asked her what it meant. Then I showed her the other one and she got mad and started yelling I was trying to find ways to disprove the Bible. Or trying to ruin her and the worship place interpretation of it. I learned then to never ask her a question about the Bible again.
Old 19th January 2017, 21:08

It sounds rather a difficult situation. Is there anyone else you could talk to, any relatives for instance? Any friends from school? Any teachers even? On the face of it it doesn't sounds reasonable that you aren't even allowed to apply for funding for further education.
Old 20th January 2017, 02:35

Mood
Crappy

No I have not one close friend or relative. The closest I have is my cousin but I don't want to talk to him about it because it embarrasses me. Besides he knows how she is. I really am fine right now and could be worse, but I don't to deal with it forever.

She said she would drive me to the college and sign up. But that she wasn't getting out the car. But another older cousin said he would help sign me up and show me around tomorrow.
Old 20th January 2017, 11:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomen
But another older cousin said he would help sign me up and show me around tomorrow.
Well that's good news, I hope you get on OK.