SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th December 2017, 03:23

Mood
Fine

Default Old member returning.

Joined this site a few years back but left because I had improved and didn't feel I needed it so much. Although I have improved alot as in I no longer get panic attacks and I can now hold conversations with people I know I'm still stuck with a few things. It's the unknown that still makes me anxious. Hate going new places it makes me anxious so I always have to have someone with me. Also when I know i have to talk to people I don't know I get anxious. I've been feeling depressed alot lately as well and always remember this place being somewhere I could come to talk so figured I would return. Guess I'm just looking for some people to chat with to help push me out my comfort zone and to possibly make some new friends
Old 29th December 2017, 09:36

Mood
Ferocious

Default Re: Old member returning.

hi welcome back im new here i suffered with sa really badly in the past thought i got over it until recently so thats when i joined up for similar reasons my comfort zone is sooo comfy i need to get kicked out of it , all the best
Old 29th December 2017, 20:14
Banned at own request

Welcome back
Old 29th December 2017, 22:10

Welcome back Hannah, I didn't know you from before but hope that SAUK can help you overcome your anxieties.
Old 31st December 2017, 03:58

Mood
Fine

Thanks for the replies guys.
Old 31st December 2017, 04:03

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean29
hi welcome back im new here i suffered with sa really badly in the past thought i got over it until recently so thats when i joined up for similar reasons my comfort zone is sooo comfy i need to get kicked out of it , all the best

I know what you mean. I was able to live a somewhat 'normal' life for a few years while I was away. Done alot of things I never imagined I could do. I think we assume it's gone when we feel 'better' but in reality it's always there in the background. I guess at some periods in life it's just easier to cope with
Old 1st January 2018, 08:46

Mood
Ferocious

Yeah yrs ago i couldnt even get on a bus if it was too busy id just let 2 or 3 go past me before i got one not as bad now but with life throwing obstacles at me slowly getting back into that comfort zone not as bad as i was previously but i want to nip it in the butt